All Things Wonder Woman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really liked this trailer, it was more story based than the previous ones but without giving too much away, really hope this turns out to be good.

I was sold on Gal as Wonder Woman in BvS, sold on this movie since the Comic-Con trailer. No need for other clips, trailers or pictures, I'm ready to see this.

I am Diana of Themyscira, you will board my boat and sail across the sea to restore the heart of Tafiti.

Trailer was ok, but for some reason I just can't seem to get too excited for this movie. I'm still looking forward to it, though.

weird animals? pegasus confirmed!
Hey now, there's nothing really weird about Jacob sheeps. Well, except for the obvious fact that they have four horns, of course. :o

tumblr_nkuy0cqfVZ1rmwrgco1_500.jpg

I was wondering why the "Who the Hell Are You?" general looked familiar, to see that General Erich Ludendorff is portrayed by William Stryker from Wolverine Origins.

I was wondering why the "Who the Hell Are You?" general looked familiar, to see that General Erich Ludendorff is portrayed by William Stryker from Wolverine Origins.

literally the 3rd actor I recognized behind Pine and Gadot.

Decent trailer... the origin stuff seemed a bit stale and Gadot's line readings are hit and miss, but I'm still looking forward to it.

that'd be my review too, pfeiffer-pfan. love that name, btw

Wait, where's the comedy beat after the title card where a character says something like "She's quite a wonder...woman". And then we all snicker because that's the only time she will be called that in the movie?

I would rather take a decent trailer that doesnt overhype me rather than a trailer that spoils stuff. I love that they are mostly using previous footage at this point. Seems like they really learned from the Doomsday trailer. I liked the first two trailers more than this one, but I liked this one too.

And I think Ive seen enough footage to tide me over to the movie. I believe we will get a final trailer maybe with GOTG2 but I will skip that like I skipped Skwad's and Dr. Strange's final trailers.

Cool trailer. I especially like the visual palette, which does a nice job of setting the tone of the film. Themyscira looks much like I imagined it would: ethereal and otherworldly.

I've been somewhat critical of Gadot's acting chops in the past, but she's gradually becoming a better actress. I had no problem with her line delivery here. If anything, it's the 'cartoony' dialogue in some scenes that could've been refined.

Pine and the short, pudgy actress have both been consistently likeable in what little we've seen of them so far. Their jocular nature, in particular, presents a nice contrast to Gadot's 'straight' or serious approach to Diana.

Nielsen's Hippolyta comes across strong and poised, not to mention hot AF.

The action sequences are solid, as you might expect from a film of this scope.

Overall, I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10.

You could see plenty of both her face and her body language throughout the 3 trailers so far. And no, her acting doesn't look like the best. Thankfully, I won't be seeing it for the acting, but for the overall entertainment.

The DCEU so far has proven that it is more about the visuals/style than the characters/acting and I've got used to that. I just go see different movies for different aspects.

It has? Because the DCEU performances are just about as good as it gets.

Gal is great and is showing some versatility in acting the part. I can see why divisions in the studio were pulling for her. She has a stunning presence all around.

Where are the scenes with her epic blue cloak??? Her tiara looks different. It's silver, gold, and red.

Wonder-Woman-1-7.jpg

goods_012432_195058.jpg

Gal is great and is showing some versatility in acting the part. I can see why divisions in the studio were pulling for her. She has a stunning presence all around.

but the line reading, acting experts said....

Yeah, she's perfect for this role and Patty is happy with her performance so am I.

but the line reading, acting experts said....

Yeah, she's perfect for this role and Patty is happy with her performance so am I.

I had no issue with her reading lines in the trailer, but people should be able to make comments, even negative ones, without having to put up with comments like this. Nobody has claimed to be an acting expert. Their opinions are no less valid than you claiming she is "perfect" for the role.

I had no issue with her reading lines in the trailer, but people should be able to make comments, even negative ones, without having to put up with comments like this. Nobody has claimed to be an acting expert. Their opinions are no less valid than you claiming she is "perfect" for the role.

I can say what I want just like them. I'm not telling anybody how to comment. I can be as condescending as I please, just like you trying to scold me for my opinions. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"