All Things Wonder Woman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has caught a lot of breaks. Come on now. :funny:
This. He's been given more than a fair shake at WB. Plenty of opportunities. His sensibilities don't seem to mesh well with the masses WB is trying to reach. It's as simple as that. Maybe stick him on some lower-budget projects and see how that works.

Last edited:
I think it would be because they are liking the movie because of an absence of what Snyder brought to his previous efforts in the DCEU. So why would you credit him?

He has caught a lot of breaks. Come on now. :funny:

Checking, as of 2015 his net worth was estimated at 22 million dollars, I think he'll be fine

I almost wish this movie came out after Justice League.

Why end the year on a bad note? Either way lets enjoy Wonder Woman's success, get through the end of the Snyder era with Justice League and then look forward to Aquaman.

I think things are starting to go in the right direction with Wonder Woman. I have missed the days of not constantly having to defend a movie.

There was not enough goodness. Apparently he seemed too similar to a regular decent guy.

I love Cavill's Superman and Snyder's take on the character, but the only DCEU moment that has made me go "Holy ****! That's classic Superman right there!" was when he stopped Doomsday's fist and saved Lex.

Bald basha has excellent taste:

j6dFuOP.jpg

Alisha Grauso‏Verified account
@AlishaGrauso
Replying to @BatmanNewsCom @vinaldo7
Actually, the weakest parts of the film are the ones with his fingerprints on it.

Seems like some people believe that Snyder directed the action in the third act, which is false, he has not directed any scene in the movie, but his stunt team and fight choreographer were involved in the movie's action scenes.

Good start for the movie, but I'll reserve comment until the reactions pour in from people not associated with private screenings.

EDIT: What are the track records from the tweets in regards to prior DC movies?

With the positive buzz from these reactions, they don't need to lift it early. They're getting the buzz on their side already. All an early embargo lift would accomplish is make it even more conspicuous the next time that they don't (like, say, for Justice League).

So, you would prefer that they lift embargo on 31 st ?

Very encouraged at the social media buzz on the film. But it hasn't been screened yet for critics like James Berardinelli or MaryAnn Johanson.

Go back to before Jenkins was hired...

source: http://variety.com/2015/film/news/wonder-woman-michelle-maclaren-wb-1201473481/

The studio is declining to elaborate on the cliched “creative differences” joint statement that was issued when the two parted ways. But, according to multiple sources close to the project, the director’s vision for the movie was vastly different from the studio’s view. MacLaren envisioned the DC Comics-based “Wonder Woman” movie as an epic origin tale in the vein of “Braveheart,” whereas Warner wanted a more character-driven story that was less heavy on action.

Warner executives, these insiders said, became increasingly concerned about MacLaren directing a large-scale, action-packed production when her experience was limited to the small screen, where she made her name directing episodes of “Game of Thrones,” “Breaking Bad” and “The Walking Dead.”

The studio is expected to stick with a more character-driven movie with Jenkins on board. Also an experienced TV director of shows including “The Killing,” she cut her teeth on the indie feature “Monster.”

MacLaren was also unaccustomed to the laborious development process associated with making movies. One source described that process as “tortuous” when it came to the pre-production of “Wonder Woman.” After Jason Fuchs delivered his script, the studio put as many as five other writers on the project to work up various scripts while executives simultaneously tested story concepts. “They didn’t like MacLaren’s test,” said one studio executive. MacLaren’s rep declined comment.

Like i told ya'll before, there will be another screening tomorrow, but i dont know if its for critics since the person I know going is not a critic.

Lets be honest.

We still need Campea's reaction to make sure she is legit. :sly::cwink:

I always got the vibe that Campea has used the ''N'' word in his life, just the vibe that he gives me. Eh. His opinion mean jack.

Mike Ryan‏Verified account
@mikeryan
Easily the best of the DCEU. And I liked MAN OF STEEL. It's part CAPTAIN AMERICA: FIRST AVENGER and part "fish out of water" THOR 1.

Great. Two movies I found very meh that critics happened to like (like a a lot of those early Marvel films).

There is no way First Avenger or Thor 1 are close to as good as Man of Steel. Not better than BvS UE either imo.

Still excited. More importantly glad that its finally looking like a win for DC though.
i wasn't wild on thor but liked captain america.hopefuly wonder woman humor is more of fish out of water reactions and the diana and steve relationshi and not a darcy like comic relief character.

i always like humor better when it's more character based instead of throwing in character whose purpose is to just be there to crack jokes or to be alughed at.

I liked the first Captain America and not so much the first Thor.

I think the tweet was referring more to the themes and feel (i.e. WW being a fish out of water and in a war setting.) But it could be executed much better in this movie. I thought the Thor movie was hurt by its general setting/scope and small scale fight at the end. (Also, both Thor and Captain America did set up a strong foundation for sequels, with Captain America doing really well with Winter Soldier.)

Comparisons inevitably come with superhero origin stories that share similar traits. But WW is also very different.

Very encouraged at the social media buzz on the film. But it hasn't been screened yet for critics like James Berardinelli or MaryAnn Johanson.

Eastcoast critics will see it by monday, I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"