• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

All Things Wonder Woman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 25

Great to get a date! This film absolutely deserves a sequel.

Agreed, great news!

I hope Patty is going to direct, but with plans falling into place quickly, that seems very likely :up:

The only really good answer I can manage is "There was a Green Lantern protecting this region until recently, but they are dead/missing". However, if a single Green Lantern makes more a difference for whether Apokalips feels like invading than all the various JLAers, that says some odd things about Lantern power level. Things that contradict being mentioned alongside Kryptonians, as if they were supposed to be comparable.

Steppenwolf is not aware of WW's existence as a daughter of Zeus (for whatever reasons) and Green Lantern alone may not be that much of a threat but GL work as a Corps if needed, imagine hundreds of GL Corps coming to fight Steppenwolf, he would be surely outmatched.

Glad it's gotten a date but why December instead of summer? Didn't they think the June date was a good time?

Or maybe they're really going for the Oscar next time?

Benal, the principal photography period for a blockbuster film is typically 4-5 months. Let's go ahead and round it up to six months, to cover any potential reshoots. A healthy post-production period for a film this size is usually about a year. So we're looking at about a year and a half to actually produce the film.

It's two and a half years from now to the sequel's release. Take away the 1.5 year above and they effectively have one year to write the script and do all necessary pre-production work. It's plenty of time.

Nothing about this screams "rush job." But if you want to worry yourself for no reason whatsoever, knock yourself out. :funny:

Agree with you, calling it a rushed job is borderline trolling or a lack of knowledge how filming works, really.

Nolan released The Prestige Oct 2006, TDK was released July 2008, less than 2 years, Inception released July 2010, TDKR July 2012, 2 years, then Interstellar Nov 2014, less than 2.5 years.

Nolan takes about 4-5 months to shoot, 10 months for post, so generally 15-16 months for a standard production/post, and writing is usually 6 months, who on earth writes a script for a year? And even Johns and Patty screw around and only start shooting this time next year, it will still arrive by Dec 2019 comfortably.

Patty Jenkins accepted the WW job April 2015, released WW 2017 June, few months less than 2.5 years.

Now they've started writing the script, 2.5 years out from the release date, and it's a rushed job.

Last edited:
Glad it's gotten a date but why December instead of summer? Didn't they think the June date was a good time?

Or maybe they're really going for the Oscar next time?

maybe they think WW is a leggy franchise, and the demo they got was family, adults and kids, so they are using the holiday frame to attract this demo and stretch the legs? I saw the teens/boys under 25 made up the lowest of the demo around 15%. Also WW might not be so lucky in summer 2019 if other blockbusters performs instead of flopping like this year?

maybe they think WW is a leggy franchise, and the demo they got was family, adults and kids, so they are using the holiday frame to attract this demo and stretch the legs? I saw the teens/boys under 25 made up the lowest of the demo around 15%. Also WW might not be so lucky in summer 2019 if other blockbusters performs instead of flopping like this year?

Summer 2019 was never going to be an option.

May 2019: Avengers 4, Star Wars: Episode IX
June 2019: Untitled Fox/Marvel Film, Toy Story 4, Transformers 7
July 2019: The Secret Life of Pets 2, Spider-Man: Homecoming 2, The Lion King

Transformers 7 is the only one that is going to under-perform. Dec 2019 or Summer 2020 were the only good options for WB.

Transformers 7 is the only one that is going to under-perform. Dec 2019 or Summer 2020 were the ovnly good options for WB.

Yea I thought she was going to get the June 2020 date but as long as Star Wars stays in May, I think December 2019 is a very good date for Wonder Woman.

Transformers 7 is the only one that is going to under-perform. Dec 2019 or Summer 2020 were the only good options for WB.

Don't think Fox/Marvel will be a threat, but SW and TS4 and Pets would be.

Pretty ballsy for Disney to have Avengers and SW in the same month

The holiday slot could be great, I guess the studio would probably like to hold onto that.

If Disney insists on moving Star Wars on top of it, I guess they could adjust accordingly.

Either the February or June 2020 slots could also be good.

If the release date for WW2 was summer 2019, then I would worry about it being "rushed". It is a tight schedule, but still ample time.

Maybe they do see it more as a holiday family movie.

Interested to see what they will release in summers 2019 and 2020.

The pressure/expectation is really there for WW now. Hope the second movie delivers.

The Batman - June 14, 2019
Flash / Flashpoint - June 5, 2020

That would be my guess.

Suicide Squad 2 is more likely than The Batman since it goes into production next year a long with Shazam.

April 2019- Shazam
June 2019- Suicide Squad 2
Dec 2019- Wonder Woman 2

God, they're rushing things. WB never learns, ah?

Ant Man. Released August 2015. Two years until they started filming the sequel - Ant Man And The Wasp. Just an example. In the same time frame WB wants to release a Wonder Woman movie. I get Iron Man 2 vibes from this.

Seriously...your constant doom and gloom is as hilarious as it is misguided.

Originally, the plan was to have Superman be the first slash the game changer but then WB figured they needed to bang out a WW movie asap before Marvel beat them to the punch so the suits tell Zack Snyder to squeeze Wonder Woman into BvS. However, this forces them to set her origin story in the past and since MoS had already established that Superman was the first public superhero, they also have to make Wonder Woman disappear. Snyder comes up with this idea is that she lost faith in mankind and walked away, that's what they're going with, they shoot WW. But then Batman v Superman opens to horrible reviews which leads to a change of plans, it's now of the utmost importance that Wonder Woman is not too dark and that it ends on an optimistic note. That's essentially what happened

Still waiting for you to admit you were wrong about every prediction you made on the movie and explain why you disappeared when it was successful despite you being the only true Wonder Woman fan on this board.

sheldon-hyperventilating-big-bang-theory.gif

Agreed, great news!

I hope Patty is going to direct, but with plans falling into place quickly, that seems very likely :up:

Should hopefully be a no-brainer for all concerned.

If the first WW was any indication I think the sequel will be just as good especially if Johns is behind the project and Patty is back directing the sequel

It's going to be extremely tough to make the sequel that is as good. Fingers crossed. Hopefully Jenkins can pull it off again.

:huh: What the heck? Japan always has such odd marketing. Who is this other girl even meant to be and are audiences going to wonder where she is in the actual movie?

What the heck? Japan always has such odd marketing. Who is this other girl even meant to be and are audiences going to wonder where she is in the actual movie?

She's a member of Nogizaka46, a Japanese Female Idol group. The group was chosen to promote Wonder Woman in Japan.

Weren't Marvel making Captain America : Serpent Society before they realized that WB was making Batman V Superman ?

Then, Kevin Feige changed his plans and decided to make Civil War ? So, they started preparing after WB did for BvS.

No, they had Serpent Society as a fake leak in order to cover up Civil War. They outright showed the "Serpent Society" emblem, then swapped it for the actual Civil War emblem.

The idea that Civil War was some last minute decision. . . *shakes head*

Steppenwolf is not aware of WW's existence as a daughter of Zeus (for whatever reasons) and Green Lantern alone may not be that much of a threat but GL work as a Corps if needed, imagine hundreds of GL Corps coming to fight Steppenwolf, he would be surely outmatched.

If he doesn't know about WW or the other more obscure superheroes, then it all the more begs the question "So why didn't he invade 20 years ago?" I mean, you can still have it hinge on "Lanterns!", but it still looks funny. And also makes Apokaliptan reconnaissance look crappy.

No, they had Serpent Society as a fake leak in order to cover up Civil War. They outright showed the "Serpent Society" emblem, then swapped it for the actual Civil War emblem.

The idea that Civil War was some last minute decision. . . *shakes head*

Russos might have been thinking about some story like Civil War but it wasn't after Feige learned that WB were making BvS, that he agreed to green-light the Civil War movie.

Before that, he was not ready to greenlight a movie like Civil War which was a bit different then the usual MCU movies. THR had published an article and a quote from Russos. So, BvS definitely allowed them to make Civil War, in absence of BvS, Feige might have never agreed to make a movie like CW.

My point was that BvS did influence Feige's decision and plans for Captain America 3 movie, as without Kevin Feige's approval Russo's couldn't have made the movie, even if they had some plans for it before.

For our part, when we finished Winter Soldier two years ago and we were thinking about doing the next one, the only thing that seemed interesting to us was to deconstruct the Marvel Universe — because where else can we go at this point? There have been 11 or 12 movies so far, all with a fairly traditional structure. Our pitch to them was: People will tell you they love chocolate ice cream — until you give it to them five days a week. It's time to give them some rainbow sherbet. Kevin [Feige] is a maverick and he's very sensitive to how people are responding to his content. He said he thought we might be right. And after they announced Batman v. Superman, he said, 'you guys are absolutely right.' We needed to do something challenging with the material or we were going to start to lose the audience.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/captain-america-civil-war-director-886842

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"