• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

All Things Wonder Woman: An Open Discussion - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is NOT a trailer --these are footages of actions filmed about 2 months ago with very little post-process done.

This is not a Snyder film --it's Patty Jenkins' film. If she wanted to use slo-mo, then let her use it.

It is NOT a trailer --these are footages of actions filmed about 2 months ago with very little post-process done.

Kek. Try and explain that to insufferable whiners. :funny:

This is not a Snyder film --it's Patty Jenkins' film. If she wanted to use slo-mo, then let her use it.
Thank you. Also we don't even know what all of the action scenes look like. Yes theorizing is fun but this could be the one place with the slo-mo or they could drop it all together after putting the film together. Snyder is probably still working on BvS and doing pre-production on Justice League, this is most definitely Patty Jenkins film. Just like Suicide Squad is David Ayer's film.

Kek. Try and explain that to insufferable whiners. :funny:
Well I spend all day working, took a nap and when I checked out BvS, this sub-forum --it is all "whine". About the sillest thing I read is the absence of WW talking. lol

Nobody else talked in that footage either. I've seen plenty of bad films where we heard the actor speak in the trailers. That's not indicative of anything, it means nothing one way or the other.

The cinematography in Wonder Woman is incredible, i like Matthew Jensen's work here with its dark and mystical feel to it, kinda like a cinderella-ish fantasy film.

12524103_1675416909410327_6692130719944535331_n.png

12400818_1675416959410322_5753497860215631197_n.png

12524321_1675416899410328_582308165467148694_n.png

Now I admit that i've never seen neither Chronicle or FFINO yet (nor will i ever see the latter except on a drunken bet) but i assume that FFINO was at least visually and cinematography great albeit a weak film overall.

Regardless of his fiasco with Trank and that abomination of a production his episodes of Game of Thrones mainly season one were not only gorgeous but the perfect tone for Wonder Woman.

Well I spend all day working, took a nap and when I checked out BvS, this sub-forum --it is all "whine". About the sillest thing I read is the absence of WW talking. lol

Did you know there were BatFleck Disappearing Eyeliner nitpickers?
Did you know there were (and still are) Cavill Can't Act know-it-alls?

So much of popcorn. So little time. :hehe:

The cinematography in Wonder Woman is incredible, i like Matthew Jensen's work here with its dark and mystical feel to it, kinda like a cinderella-ish fantasy film.

Now I admit that i've never seen neither Chronicle or FFINO yet (nor will i ever see the latter except on a drunken bet) but i assume that FFINO was at least visually and cinematography great albeit a weak film overall.

Regardless of his fiasco with Trank and that abomination of a production his episodes of Game of Thrones mainly season one were not only gorgeous but the perfect tone for Wonder Woman.

Jeezus I had to google that ****, jokes. Your shorthand is getting out of hand. :oldrazz:

Nobody else talked in that footage either. I've seen plenty of bad films where we heard the actor speak in the trailers. That's not indicative of anything, it means nothing one way or the other.

That is true. Although I believe in Gal. 200%.

Hey man you're alright. I'm referring to some other folks over here and on reddit and on many places on the internet who just don't want to pull their heads out of their asses. :oldrazz:

Ok. :gngl:

Jeezus I had to google that ****, jokes. Your shorthand is getting out of hand. :oldrazz:

I learned it once on a daring night when I cheekily looked at the Fantastic Four thread a week before release, sheer chaos was an understatement that time lol.

Yes just noticed it, people were just setting their expectation too high regarding WW.

I'm going to guess that this solo WW film is going to be very heavy on drama (so a lot of talking) with some actions that service the film's story. Jenkins' great strength as a writer is on drama & characters development, it's just that she is also a very competent director.

I think that Themyscira is going to look very different --a bit more fantastical.

Did you know there were BatFleck Disappearing Eyeliner nitpickers?
Did you know there were (and still are) Cavill Can't Act know-it-alls?

So much of popcorn. So little time. :hehe:
Well I tend to ignore these kind of nits. lol Because they never bothered me in the slightest.

Wonder Woman is like Cinderella. Well, at least Gal's version is. I can imagine her running away from the ball and losing her glass slipper, and then trying it on again later.

As for FFINO, I don't recall the cinematography being great. It was a bad film all round. WW looks much better than that.

Yes just noticed it, people were just setting their expectation too high regarding WW.

I'm going to guess that this solo WW film is going to be very heavy on drama (so a lot of talking) with some actions that service the film's story. Jenkins' great strength as a writer is on drama & characters development, it's just that she is also a very competent director.

I think that Themyscira is going to look very different --a bit more fantastical.
It was super sad to me when McLaren and WB parted ways but right now I like that Jenkins is more of a drama than action director. Hopefully that gives the film a different flavor.

When you release footage to the public, you invite criticism. It is what it is. If the studio didn't want people to complain about punches and kicks not connecting - and it was very obvious that they weren't - they shouldn't have released the footage.

However, we should also keep in mind that they only just started filming, and that we're lucky to have seen as much as we did. Point out whatever you'd like, as much as you'd like, but remember that what you're seeing is far from a finished product. Cut 'em some slack.

Is Gal doing her own stunts ? The horse riding for example.

Did not like the first footage, but says of course nothing about the movie itself.

Someone, possibly in here, said that what we've seen so far of the film looks sort of like a fairy tale, and the more I rewatch the footage, the more I agree.

I'm getting a WWI, 300 esque vibe. A fairytale is something like Lord of the Rings; which this does not feel like at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"