Days of Future Past Am I the only one not in love with the title?

illest urban

Que3r Fanboy
Reaction score
Seriously. X-Men Origins: First Class. I understand it's a series in the comics, I just feel the title sounds corny when translated to film, especially with the "Origins" attached. It just seems like Fox doesn't get it.

This movie should stand alone, IMO, much like The Dark Knight set a precedent for how Hollywood should make these movies. They're not calling it a re-boot, but surely there could be something more powerful than the lazy name they currently have? I would even like "X-Men: First Class" better.

I dunno, maybe it's just me, which is fine if so. What would you suggest to Fox they name the film if you could talk to Rothman, Shuler-Donner, or Vaughn?

I knew that was going to happen. Here I go stepping from the shadows to make a post and get clowned, my luck! LOL. Well I don't like that title now either HAHA... I see some people on here referring to it as X-Men Origins: FC but I guess I should have checked some more reliable sources. WOMP WOMP. :D

o_0

I think the producers realized they wouldn't need to have the word Origins in there to get the point across - unlike the case with Wolverine, where they had to remind everyone that they were indeed related, just in case there was any confusion. The title doesn't bother me, though it will take some finesse to keep on using that title for the sequels without having to resort to "X-Men: Second Class" or "X-Men First Class: School's Out!"

I have no beef with the X-Men: First Class title.

And I'm actually really looking forward to it, I think it's gonna turn out well.

I don't mind the title. I usually don't look too much into titles anyways. It'd have to be really bad for me to say anything... like X-Men: Mutants Are Kewlz or X-Men: Saved By The Bell...I'll just stop there... :D

Look, it's not like these movies had great titles to begin with:

X2: X-Men United
X-Men: The Last Stand

Yea, not exactly amazingly creative titles to begin with.

This is by far the best X-Men title since the first movie.

I know a lot of folks complain about the title because from what we've seen the film will focus more on Xavier and Erik, then the actual First Class. But, honestly this is the best X-Men title we've had.

Knowing Fox, you'd expect the title to be X-Men 0.5: The Origin Begins

I know a lot of folks complain about the title because from what we've seen the film will focus more on Xavier and Erik, then the actual First Class. But, honestly this is the best X-Men title we've had.

LOL! For real. I suppose you make a fine point. :D

Look, it's not like these movies had great titles to begin with:

X2: X-Men United

Yea, not exactly amazingly creative titles to begin with.

it was actually just "X2". To me, whatever it says on the opening title screen is THE title. Even imdb says so. The "X-Men United" was just for marketing.

anyway, I'm not feeling "X-Men: First Class" either. It sounds like they're taking a flight on JetBlue. Besides the story doesnt really have anything to do with the First Class comics either.

I don't understand why they can't just go with "X-Men Origins". I mean, they went through all that trouble to add that to the Wolverine title and other potential origin spinoffs. They already established a new series of movies with Wolverine and now they're just gonna start allover again.

Calling it "X-Men Origins" makes it tie in nicely with "X-Men Origins: Wolverine". But then again, they haven't started filming yet so its possible that First Class is the working title. Movies change titles throughout production all the time. I just hope they can come to their senses and at least have their titles in continuity.

Wasn't "X-Men" the best title we've had?

Actually, the geniuses at Fox have come up with "The Legend of X-Men Chronicles: Revenge of the First Class Origin: Evolution in 3D"

I have mixed views on the title... Sort of for and against certain reasoning behind it, if i had it my way i would of probably suggested "X-Men The Origin", then had a subtitle "The First Class"

I've always considered X-Men to be in line with the Star Wars Trilogy...

We had the original trilogy, now were doing the Prequel trilogy... Wolverine's Origin, First Class and hopefully we will see a third that will also bridge the gap from the prequel trilogy to the original trilogy.

I think for now First Class is ok, If anything maybe when they have made 6 movies and are considering to make a boxset, maybe they could rename the stories to follow more like Star Wars where you have a more neater title.

Maybe something like

X-Men: The Origin Of Wolverine
X-Men: First Class
X-Men: Operation Deadpool (Although probably wont tie in with the x-men films)
X-Men: Last Hope
X-Men: United

it was actually just "X2". To me, whatever it says on the opening title screen is THE title. Even imdb says so. The "X-Men United" was just for marketing.

anyway, I'm not feeling "X-Men: First Class" either. It sounds like they're taking a flight on JetBlue. Besides the story doesnt really have anything to do with the First Class comics either.

I don't understand why they can't just go with "X-Men Origins". I mean, they went through all that trouble to add that to the Wolverine title and other potential origin spinoffs. They already established a new series of movies with Wolverine and now they're just gonna start allover again.

Calling it "X-Men Origins" makes it tie in nicely with "X-Men Origins: Wolverine". But then again, they haven't started filming yet so its possible that First Class is the working title. Movies change titles throughout production all the time. I just hope they can come to their senses and at least have their titles in continuity.

VERY well said! I like "X-Men Origins" as well, and you bring up a good point that in fact, the released storyline doesn't have a thing to do anything with the comic of the same name. Good point.

And yeah you're right... "X-Men" is the best title we've had. :D

WHo is not what now?

Pretty sure she was just responding to my original question, in saying "no sir you are not the only one not in love with the title."

Correct me if wrong...

Out of all of the recent movies with subtitles, this is one of those rare instances where the subtitle works perfectly with the context and story of the film.

I have no problem with it whatsoever.

I am not "in love" with it but, by the same token...

This is by far the best X-Men title since the first movie.

...I couldn't agree more. Most of the titles have sucked. Especially X-Men United since the premise of the story was about the X-Men and the Brotherhood uniting to stop a common enemy. The X-Men themselves were always united from jump. :dry:

I'd like to see the X-Men sequels take more of the comicbook titles like this film. Maybe not Uncanny X-Men or Astonishing X-Men, but maybe the franchise can actually branch off into X-Factor, X-Force, Gen-X, New X-Men, or even use some of the story titles that would actually sound natural and still badass to the general audience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"