Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 9

Discussion in 'Man of Steel' started by Thread Manager, Apr 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrMaooz

MrMaooz Well-Known Member

I dont know about concentrated, she looks pretty emotional to me. Its the eyes!:yay:

2. N7 Joseph Shepard

N7 Joseph Shepard Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

:funny:

you know.....that might have something to do with it, maybe the reason why they show up with the suit on with full masks and whatnot is because they can't take them off, sort of a prison protocol type deal, and once Superman give them the key they take off the suits, get exposed to the yellow sun and start to get their powers :) that would be really interesting if remotely true lol

3. Rodrigo90

Rodrigo90 Wink wink ;)

And not notice how Zod doesn't have a goatee there? :hmm
    [​IMG]

4. Jim-El

Jim-El "My Son"

Yea, the goatee is strange. Some pics he has one, others he doesn't.

5. Rodrigo90

Rodrigo90 Wink wink ;)

Is the pick where he is in chains on Krypton?

6. N7 Joseph Shepard

N7 Joseph Shepard Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

on Krypton he doesn't have a goatee, on Earth he does have one...its ruffly 20-22 years difference since its suppose to be a young Superman (not a Superman in his late 20s, his early 20's)

7. DKDetective

DKDetective Problem Eliminator

I'm going to have to disagree about that. What we know about Man of Steel seems to suggest that Clark is supposed to be in his mid to late twenties. We know Cavill plays a college age Clark based on the University of Kansas shirt worn during the tornado scene. And then for Lois's narration about Clark moving around, never fitting in to make sense, he needs at least a few years drifting around during which she searches for the mythical guardian angel. So if Clark is early twenties during the Tornado and he spends around years drifting, that puts him somewhere in his late 20s when he finally finds the Fortress and becomes Superman.

In addition, we don't really know how Kryptonians age once they hit adulthood so we can't measure the passage of time passed on Zod's beard too well. Being an advanced civilization, presumably Kryptonian knowledge and health care prolongs life in an exaggerated version of what we are currently seeing in first world nations on Earth. People who are in their 50s and 60s often look like how we would describe someone in their 40s. Just look at Costner. The guy has not aged a day in the last 10 years. Zod's aging could just as easily represent a 30 year difference as 20.

8. WarriorDreamer

WarriorDreamer Well-Known Member

It is terrible that they cast Kate Bosworth and Brandon Routh. There they werent doing an origin story, but a catch up, sequel type story. Set at least 7 years after Superman had first arrived. I mean why on earth did they cast them? Even having it in mind that they wanted sequels? To cast at least at 30 would still give a lot of time for the actors to look young even in 8 years as Amy Adams has proved. Maybe they were going cheap? :/

Although, in all fairness to Bosworth, she does act somewhat older than her age, in real life and when she played Lois, Amy acts a bit younger, although they both look a lot younger than their ages though.

9. Smallville13

Smallville13 Well-Known Member

Argh... That person on Reddit that claims to have seen the film is just the latest to state that Amy is the weakest part of the film.

:csad:

10. The Shield

The Shield It's really Happening!

As long as you like her in it that's all that counts. :yay:

11. Smallville13

It's weird because based on the trailers (despite only showing very little) the Lois scenes seem to be the strongest. Alot of people say the interrogation room is their favorite part of the new trailer. And I thought the two holding hands really brought together the previous trailer too. So where does it all go wrong??

12. DarkKnight FTW

DarkKnight FTW Lantern Honor Guard

In the bedroom...where he almost kills her.

13. Eddie Dean

Eddie Dean Mr. Jackpots

In you trusting some random poster on Reddit.

14. terry78

terry78 I'm gonna need more rope

A lot of opinions are just that, opinions. I think if you get an Oscar caliber actor for a role and someone calls them a weak link, it's pretty obvious.

15. Andreth

Andreth Well-Known Member

Maybe it has nothing to do with Lois, maybe it's the fact that some people won't even care for her because she's not a sex bomb. I still see comments hating her as Lois because of her hair and age. So, I don't know.

16. Octoberist

Octoberist point blank

You are totally jumping the gun, dude.

17. The Shield

The Shield It's really Happening!

Hold out my friend. The only review you should trust is your own. :yay:

18. Manosman

Manosman Austinite

I'm calling BS on that reddit review. Calm down smallville13.

19. Sara72

Sara72 Active Member

this...

20. Project862006

Project862006 Well-Known Member

Smallville13 you are so gullible lol

21. LibidoLoca

LibidoLoca Sensually Delicious

Yeah I'm in the mentality that the Lois and Clark scenes were some of the best. :D

22. Rowsdower!

Rowsdower! Well-Known Member

Yeah, but... what if she truly is miscasted and the movie woulda been better if they'd of casted someone younger with darker hair and hotter like Megan Fox or Olivia Wilde or that girl who is married to Don Darper on Mad Men or someone else who wouldnt feel so miscasted. I siriusly wonder whats going on in the casteding process of these movies sometimes. Dont WB understand that when you are casteding a female lead she needs to be super hot and Maximworthy? Gosh i'm so worried now because people on Reddit are always geniouses.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  23. Smallville13

Well I just worry I guess. I want this film to be the best. I'd be much more at ease if the word was that Christopher Meloni was the weakest part of the film.

24. Smallville13

And I'm not saying that I trust the reviews completely either. I'm taking it with the same amount of salt as everyone else. It's just something to talk about that's all.

25. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

Don't these somewhat contradict each other in a sense?lol You don't trust the reviews completely but you'd feel much more at ease if the reviews were to say that someone else were the weakest link?lol Sorry, it's not that I'm making fun of you. I mean, I can understand entirely on the concern regarding on how this film is perceived, let alone the portrayal of these characters and such.

And no matter how much we care about the source material, I think I speak for some when I say that there's bound to be things from MOS that will irk people, regardless of how potentially great of a film it'll turn out to be since I don't think there's such a thing called "A perfect film".

Honestly, I'd wait until something much more trustworthy (someone or a site that's been known for being reliable and accurate with their news) actually says something before I raise up an eyebrow from anything that they say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.