Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to several reports it was apparently Kevin Spacy who recommended Bosworth to Singer for the role of Lois. She was Spacy's co-star in one of his films. So Singer is not to be blamed for casting, instead he should be given stick for not giving Bosworth (& Routh's Clark) better materials to work with.

According to several reports it was apparently Kevin Spacy who recommended Bosworth to Singer for the role of Lois. She was Spacy's co-star in one of his films. So Singer is not to be blamed for casting, instead he should be given stick for not giving Bosworth (& Routh's Clark) better materials to work with.

Could he have said no...or was Spacey also one of the executive producers or the like?

WB:so bryan your lois is a seasoned journalist and has a kid and superman is established and returns to earth so who is on your mind for casting
BS:routh and bosworth
WB:so your seasoned lois and superman are 26 and 22??
BS:yeah
WB: ...

:doh:

And Superman knocked her up when she was 17 before going away for five years.

:oldrazz:

He still cast her, so yes, he could still be 'blamed' for it. He isn't a child who is only led by other people and can't make his own decisions albeit by the advise of others.

PERVERT!!!

If he was under British law, he wouldn't be though :p

He still cast her, so yes, he could still be 'blamed' for it. He isn't a child who is only led by other people and can't make his own decisions albeit by the advise of others.
That's true. I meant to say that Singer is not to be blamed *fully. Just a tad bit. Spacy was quite big at that time, so could have had some influences on the casting process. Also, Singer had to be knowtowing to WB - unlike Marvel which allowed for much leeway. WB was and is still an old style studio.

My only critism of Singer was how he handled the story for Superman Returns. He had some control over it, so he could have provided Bosworth better materials to work with.

He could also have listened & take some advices from some people on his team like having more actions and better villains (I couldn't recall who the person was). He left it a bit too late as evidenced by his "going all Wrath of Khan" comment on the Superman Returns sequel.

Sorry for turning this into a Returns ***** fest thread, that wasn't my intention. My point was I think that Adams Lois will be fine and much better than the last big screen version. I now regret even pointing out directly why I hated that version of the character. I should have known better because the last movie is too hot a topic to even passingly discuss within a larger conversation about how Lois Lane should be handled.

Last edited:
Where do you guys think Amy is in that new still? It looks like a helicopter to me.

Where do you guys think Amy is in that new still? It looks like a helicopter to me.

image.jpg

Hmm, she looks very concentrated, like she's driving a helicopter or something. :woot:

LOL! That's all we need is a pilot in Lois Lane. It is a nice picture of her though.

I WAS RIGHT!!!

She's wearing a jacket...flying towards Black Zero or something, she falls out in the gravity beam and Supes saves her! :D

At least I think so :p

LOL! That's all we need is a pilot in Lois Lane. It is a nice picture of her though.

pffff come on, Lois Lane "borrowed" her daddy's helicopters every weekend :woot:
This is nothing to her

Hmm, she looks very concentrated, like she's driving a helicopter or something. :woot:

I've never seen the cockpit of a helicopter that big....unless its a military helicopter....looks more like a control room to me.

I've never seen the cockpit of a helicopter that big....unless its a military helicopter....looks more like a control room to me.

Maybe she steals one while being on the military base?

But wait, weren't there spoilers of Zod asking Faora to take Lois to him in that desert scene?
So... I have no idea anymore.

Yeah, I wonder how Zod came to the conclution that Superman cared for Lois, if those spoilers are true of course.

Looks like some kind of control room, not helicopter.

maybe he see's them kissing and figures it out....or just how they act around each other, I mean it doesn't take a genius to see them flirting with each other in that interrogation scene from the trailer lol

Zod probably will see something like that....see it as revolting to him (a Kryptonian falling for a mere Human??) but will then see a possible advantage

You know who would've been a great Lois back in the day, besides Kidder? (In whom I liked)

Karen Allen. She was a cutie back then and very brassy in 'Raiders of the Lost Ark'. I still don't understand why her career didn't take off though, her being in two of the biggest movies of that era: Animal House and 'Raiders'.

meh not too worried right now on what "could have been", looking forward to seeing what Amy can bring to the character....and I in all honesty hope she proves me wrong, cause I am one of the people who didnt want her as Lois when she was first announced, so far I'm liking what I see and I hope it continues :)

No wonder Lois is bait....Zod wants the key of Supes for his locks :p
MOS_Trailer-3_009.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS