Andor General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

EXCLUSIVE: As Disney+ prepares to start production on its new Rogue One spin-off series, it will be doing so with a new director as sources tell Deadline Toby Haynes will direct the first three episodes, replacing Tony Gilroy. Sources say Gilroy was forced to drop off as director due to COVID-19 related travel reasons. Gilroy lives in New York and had to make a decision quickly on whether he would head over to the U.K. for the shoot and in the end thought it would be best that he stay in New York and have Haynes take over his directing duties.

Haynes was already high on the list of directors who would direct future episodes and since he was also already in the U.K., all parties thought this would make the most sense. Gilroy will stay very much involved with the seres as exec producer and show runner.

The series revolves around the Cassian Andor character, played by Diego Luna in the feature film, and is currently in pre-production will plans to start shooting next month. Adria Arjona, Denise Gough, Genevieve O’Reilly, Stella

Will Adria playing the female lead?
Could be her?
Andor-Concept-Art-Cassian-Tie-Fighters.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone who somehow thinks Cassian was a ruthless killer without remorse wasn’t paying attention to Rogue One, where other characters like Chirrut and Baze were literally talking about how guilt-ridden he was.

Yeah, Andor has an entire speech where he says that he's done terrible things in service of the rebellion, and if he didn't have that cause to strive for, he wouldn't be able to live with himself for the things he's done.

Edit: I mean, it's literally the top quote on his Wookieepedia page.

I'd love to see General Dodonna back. Ian McElhinney is such a brilliant actor and was wasted in Rogue One.

I'd love to see General Dodonna back. Ian McElhinney is such a brilliant actor and was wasted in Rogue One.
It'd be great if he was Andor's secret missions commander like "M" (is to James Bond).

MV5BODM1NzIzZjYtZWFlNy00MmJlLWI4ZDEtOWJmMTMyZTllZjJlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzgxMzc3OTc@._V1_.jpg

Although that may be more General Draven (Alistair Petrie) role, if he's signed on again?

Scan-26-1.jpeg

Or Genevieve O’Reilly as Mon Mothma.

tumblr_on08l6bmQQ1qbszkbo1_500.gifv

OQ_O4yeyLviCeDeWAtyYxmYmO41XVGANEMt-LvBjhWzBkV3sJ9qxz-hILQ5abOgTMBLVkRgG3ivjFptBRSlLA5rHvbuzJurzC5EQRXPajBi2D6tjw4NlxJqqa17k31rwvg

Last edited:
Yeah it will be interesting to see how come back back from Rogue One, I just hope K-2 is involved at some point.

Local Village Residents Angry About Disney+ Series Star Wars: Andor Set | What's On Disney Plus

I have a kind of feeling, which kind of people those are (“...please do something,...but not in my backyard”).
Nearby my village, there has been a forrest cleared, for a new commercial area. I was against it at first and still very sad about the missing tree - but it generated a lot jobs.
Sometimes sacrifices has to be made. It’s not like it is an area with threatened animals and plants.

Local Village Residents Angry About Disney+ Series Star Wars: Andor Set | What's On Disney Plus

I have a kind of feeling, which kind of people those are (“...please do something,...but not in my backyard”).
Nearby my village, there has been a forrest cleared, for a new commercial area. I was against it at first and still very sad about the missing tree - but it generated a lot jobs.
Sometimes sacrifices has to be made. It’s not like it is an area with threatened animals and plants.
Yeah it's not even a case of any trees being cut down, nobody accused them of that, it's not the case here.
As they say the " set has been made in a former quarry site"

That said it is a surprisingly substantial exterior practical set for a 12 episode show? As they indicate it does seem to match up with the Andor teaser shots. So either much of the show takes place in the same space. Likely a new as yet undisclosed Rebel HQ (red soil down the main "road" may be an indicator where?
Or as your site speculates, could also become re- used for the Obi-Wan set, or both.
NINTCHDBPICT000630622570-1536x1152.jpg

Looks like another typical Star Wars equivalent of a Western Town.
If it's for Obi-Wan, and it's set mostly in one location, tells me they are likley doing the Wandering Jedi, a la Yojimbo.
Who walks into a town, cleans it up, then moves on.

Last edited:
The headlines are reporting different things: my daily newspaper wrote, that it‘s for Obi Wan (looks Tattooinian to me) other sources state its for Andor

'Rogue One' Disney+ Series Won't Include K-2SO, Alan Tudyk Confirms — At Least At First

While talking with editor-in-chief Steve Weintraub for his new Syfy series Resident Alien, Tudyk let it slip that he isn’t a part of Andor, at least initially, but could return later.

“They're shooting it right now, I'm not in it. But, if it stays on the air, stories keep getting told, I'll end up in there,” Tudyk told us.

He also acknowledged that he has been brought out for all of the corporate dog-and-pony shows regardless of his actual involvement: “I'm all these announcements for the show, and I had suggested at D23 when we announced in the show, that it be called K2 Fast K2 Furious: The Cassian Andor Series and, um, that's not happening, it's called Andor!”

Still, he’s resolute that he will be on Andor at some point and that series creator (and Rogue One co-writer) Tony Gilroy has a plan for his character in mind, which is pretty exciting. “I'm going to be in the show. It's just that the story that Tony [Gilroy] is telling doesn't involve K-2SO until later on... I can't be too specific, but I can definitely say that I'm not going to be in the first season.” So there you have it: K-2SO will return but not yet.

That's disappointing but at least he'll apparently eventually show up if it continues into more seasons.

Oh wow, sucks that K2 won’t be in it but at least we will see him in future seasons. This is actually quite surprising though since I could have sworn this would be a limited series. Guess they changed plans?

I’m not complaining though. The more the better especially since will take place around the time of Rebels. Maybe we might even see some characters from Rebels pop up like Hera

Disappointing news on no K-2, I mean, it's not like they had a mountain to climb to fit him in :cwink:.

Hopefully we get a season 2 and he can appear.

It's Ok, Quixote doesn't recruit Sancho until chapter VII and his second outing. Batman starts out alone in Detective #27 isn't until after a year of solo adventures that he gets Robin in Detective #38, and Solo doesn't meet Chewie until the second act of his origin, well after his intro and life on Corelia, and after he joins the Imperial Navy.
Likely similar for Andor who is starting out solo.
Not everything is established in the first chapter, or adventure, where they develop how the character sets out, which seems like what they are doing...
Tony Gilroy has a plan for his character in mind, which is pretty exciting. “I'm going to be in the show. It's just that the story that Tony [Gilroy] is telling doesn't involve K-2SO until later on... I can't be too specific,
It is funny how much Tudyk jokingly pushed to emphasis his character first, all knowing how much his presence steels this show.:cwink:
Tudyk said:
"K2-Fast K2-Furious: the Cassian Andor Story"

Last edited:
Ben Caron (‘The Crown’) ....set to direct episodes of ‘ANDOR’ for Disney+

Interesting choices, (other than competence at the helm), trying to gauge some connective tissue the showruners might be getting here-
Ben Caron also directed Kenneth Branagh in the feature-length finally of Wallander, a detective finding himself in an "alien environment" mystery, a bit out of his element, character drawn into a situation "to redress inequality in society"

And maybe more familiar to the Hypesters, directed Sherlock - ".The Final Problem" - Interesting "break in" psycho thriller attempt to free his long lost sister,

Susanna White ...set to direct episodes of ‘ANDOR’ for Disney+
Susanna White won BAFTA for best drama serial for 2005 Bleak House. Directed BBC mini-series Jane Eyre nominated for Emmy award.
Yet maybe more significant several episodes of...

and..

And likley most telling, directed the John le Carré's spy thriller ...

Which is likley closest to what they are going for.

Last edited:
Take it with a grain of salt, but The Illuminerdi has been spot on with most of their scoops from what I’ve seen.

Obi-Wan Kenobi Set To Appear In Andor: Exclusive - The Illuminerdi

Susanna White won BAFTA for best drama serial for 2005 Bleak House. Directed BBC mini-series Jane Eyre nominated for Emmy award.....
And likley most telling, directed the John le Carré's spy thriller ...

Which is likley closest to what they are going for.

Very interesting, that coupled with the news of Susanne White (who directed McGregor in the John le Carré's spy thriller above^), brought in to direct some Andor episodes, slightly ads some more credence to the rumor too.

Also don't know if he's been cast to return for Andor, but another connective tissue might be Bail Organa who was still active at the time of R1, and already a close ally to Kenobi . No reason (likley in secret) this relation wouldn't have continued.
Especially if they are setting up justifiably for episodes of Kenobi being off (Tatoine) world.

ErI0uX5XMAI5QEP.jpg
Untitled-design-29.png

Last edited:
Never mind it's still an unsubstantiated rumor, that even if true we don't know what exact context he would even appear in.
Or how exactly they plan to use him, or set up for his own ongoing series.
If he will travel? off world?) have any contact the with Rebellion? in secret, with Yoda, or learning to commune with Jinn, etc....?
So here here we go-
New Rumor Claims Star Wars Plans To Completely Obliterate Obi-Wan Kenobi's Story - Bounding Into Comics

"Completely Obliterate Obi-Wan Kenobi's Story" ?
****************** said:
[Kenobi] does not intend to leave Tatooine to aid the Rebel Alliance.

If this rumor is true and Kenobi is going to be interacting with Andor and the Rebel Alliance, it undoes Kenobi’s entire history that we’ve seen on the big screen.

So Is there some huge conflict here ?
I am curious, I have seen posts complaining that Kenobi needs to have been tethered to Luke for every second of every day for 19 years, and just the idea of him having had any separate adventures, traveling, going off world, having any contact with others, now even a Rebel Spy, even secretly or not using his name, or a set up for his own series, etc. somehow flies in the face of or "undoes" the 1977 film?

Although we obviously haven't seen any of those adventures yet, Is there something that says absolutely he couldn't have?
Or doesn't the set up of A New Hope allow for, and establish exactly that he would in fact be willing to travel, even go off-world and make contact with the Rebels?

We know Leia is expecting and counting on Kenobi to do exactly that, receive the droids and leave Tatoine to deliver them safely to Alderan.
And while yes, he encourages Luke to join him, (the reason Luke comes is cause his aunt and uncle are slaughtered.
Yet before that, Kenobi is already willing to leave without Luke, and taking that ride to Anchorhead.

Luke: "I can take you as far as Anchoread, you can get a transport there, to Mos Eisley or wherever you're going....."

Kenobi is then willing to leave Tatoine (sans Luke) , and make contact with, and help the Rebellion.

Is there a conflict there?

Short answer: No. ;)

This is ultimately another case of someone letting their fanon grow to the point that it overtakes what is actually in the movies themselves. And in a really bizarre way, since its basically mandating that only the most boring and uninteresting version of said fanon could be possible, the one where literally nothing happens or could happen.

Guys Bounding into Comics is just a right wing clickbait site. Ignore anything they say.

Images don't really contain any spoilers, yet putting the others in spoilers tags , as we are going to start needing them soon.
Andor_08.jpg

Andor_01.jpg

Andor_04.jpg

Damn hard to make anything (or anyone) specific out. Where's Andor? :p
Storm trooper and several security on roof, watching over.
Don't know who the specific groups are, dressed in black seem to be imperials, or the local security? Seem to have the most troopers among them.
Some on a raised platform, maybe rigged to blow!
Or is that the camera dolly and crew?)
Then several those in reddish long-coats with white on their heads, the main locals?
Some trade-off in the center? Or peace brokerage, about to go astray?
A few Rebels scattered throughout?
and a cool new landspeeder (light infantrymen speeder?), someones gonna make a getaway!?
Red sands? Planet? With such an elaborate set , does much of the series take place here?

Honestly at this res. I can't even tell who is film crew and who are characters?
What's the weather there right now, everyone (crew) in coats?
There is even a black vehicle and tripod there, can't tell if thats a working trailer, some electric-generator or a sci-fi vehicle? LOL!

But with a few more drones up in the air, we should be able to piece together the whole show!:funny:

Last edited:
38914788-9227407-image-a-17_1612519132821.jpg

For comparison of the new shot above, in relation to earlier shot of full set and side "streets", that is just one small section.

Also random although having to do with the set, (again was a quarry, not a deforested area), the site that once spread this has somewhat printed a retraction, or counter-side- not sure if this was ever shared, it should have been;
“As a local I can confirm that the Sun article is mostly false. The set is not particularly bothering anyone, in fact most people I know of find it quite exciting. Secondly as mentioned in this article’s update the series is probably Andor, not Obi Wan Kenobi. Finally the money from the use of the land is being put back into the area to create somewhat of a nature reserve around the river, so it should overall help the nearby wildlife.”

With all the deserved praise being lauded on the "Volume" tech. It is actually still incredibly nice to know and see some actual physical sets and throwback to OT visuals which this series boarders on.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"