• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight Rises Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except they already did it with Bane, and they seem just fine with that decision.

Except they'll have MORE official pictures in the coming months. As well as trailers and tv spots and all that.

That's ALL promotional material they can and WILL use, even if they release(d) a full Catwoman promo shot that actual looks like Catwoman.

The hype can only increase for Catwoman. If ChrisB's source is correct, and she has a cathood, then fine. Great. They should have shown us something with that in it.

Except, the VERY FIRST PIECE OF OFFICIAL CATWOMAN MARKETING, looks like something out of a Spy Kids movies.

Dis. A. Ppointing.

vREqC.jpg

Except they already did it with Bane, and they seem just fine with that decision.

Except they'll have MORE official pictures in the coming months. As well as trailers and tv spots and all that.

That's ALL promotional material they can and WILL use, even if they release(d) a full Catwoman promo shot that actual looks like Catwoman.

The hype can only increase for Catwoman. If ChrisB's source is correct, and she has a cathood, then fine. Great. They should have shown us something with that in it.

Except, the VERY FIRST PIECE OF OFFICIAL CATWOMAN MARKETING, looks like something out of a Spy Kids movies.

Dis. A. Ppointing.

You're like a broken record man, we get it, you don't like the look or the pic they have chosen to release, but going on and on and on ad nauseum is growing tiresome.

I was thinking the same thing. We have heard rumors about her being a prisoner. Maybe for the first 2/3rds of the film she has the cowl and ears, but once her identity becomes public knowledge, she ditches the cowl. :)

Again, are these rumors of her being a prisoner coming from somebody saw Anne in an orange jumpsuit on this set with all the other prisoners?

Because if so, that's ********. They wouldn't have a woman prisoner among a bunch of men prisoners. Since men and women don't go to the same prisons.

So I doubt that's true.

Also, what would the point of her ditching the cowl even after her identity is uncovered? So what, people know who she is. They'd know who she was even IF she had the cowl on.

Bad logic.

Please be reasonable. Everything except the mask is perfect Catwoman. To say it looks "nothing" like Catwoman is being a little extreme.
Most of the time you identify somebody from the face. Catwoman isn't the only female character to wear a tight black suit.

You're like a broken record man, we get it, you don't like the look or the pic they have chosen to release, but going on and on and on ad nauseum is growing tiresome.

So is literally everybody else.

And I don't care.

Skin-tight black suit? Check.
Boots? Check.
Utility belt with pouches? Another check.
A zipper running down the front? Yet another check.

The only thing you can't check off is the mask, which I'll grant you is a big f***ing check (to most people, anyway). But to dismiss the entire costume as un-Catwoman-like is ridiculous.

Perhaps Bruce wants to protect her identity a bit and gives her the goggles. I still think she gets the goggles from Wayne Tech. It just seems like the kind of stuff Lucius Fox would be in charge of having stored away. (I won't drop it.)

That stunt double looks hot, nice boots, nice tight outfit. Let's hope she gets a more complete mask, but if not, I'm not going to complain like a little girl like everyone else........I just want the character to be done justice.

Boots? Check.

Yep, that's Batgirl alright.

I bet this proto version of the Catwoman would look a lot better if she was actually standing and not sitting on a freakin' Bat-pod. 90% of the photo consists of the Bat-pod.

Most of the time you identify somebody from the face. Catwoman isn't the only female character to wear a tight black suit.
So, then, it still looks like Catwoman. The fact that Catwoman (from the neck down) looks like Black Widow or Talia is irrelevant.

Dis. A. Ppointing.
I agree, bad marketing strategy.

Ever heard the saying "first impressions matter the most".

Boots? Check.

The only thing you can't check off is the mask, which I'll grant you is a big f***ing check (to most people, anyway). But to dismiss the entire costume as un-Catwoman-like is ridiculous.

Just for clarification, I've already said her actual costume looks awesome. It's pitch perfect Catwoman through and through.

I dislike greatly her first official picture because we really can't see the catsuit and she has nothing resembling a cat on her head.

Her suit is awesome, her lack of mask is not, in summation.

Perhaps Bruce wants to protect her identity a bit and gives her the goggles. I still think she gets the goggles from Wayne Tech. It just seems like the kind of stuff Lucius Fox would be in charge of having stored away. (I won't drop it.)

Or she steals it. Would be more in character for Catwoman since she's a thief.

I was thinking the same thing. We have heard rumors about her being a prisoner. Maybe for the first 2/3rds of the film she has the cowl and ears, but once her identity becomes public knowledge, she ditches the cowl. :)

Very possible, maybe it's a case of she can't even get to the cowl when that sequence is taking place.

So is literally everybody else.

And I don't care.

With your record, you should. This thread is frankly an embarrassment.

With the exception of the zipper you just described Batman
Really? Because Batman would have a ****load more checks. A bat-symbol and a cape, to name the glaringly obvious ones.

Got a problem? Take it up with the artists who designed Catwoman's current suit.

I was just about to say that. They could have just called her Batgirl, and it would still hold the same weight.

By the way, is Goyer involved at all in this movie?

I don't know where this "she doesn't look like Catwoman" argument comes from. She's wearing shades, just like a real cat does. Nolan is going for realism here.

:o

I'm thinking that this is Selina before she officially get the full Catwoman garb. (which really just means she doesn't have the mask yet). The rest of the costume is pretty much there.

Of course, there is the possibility that this is all we'll get because Nolan doesn't feel a woman in a cat mask is realistic or whatever. And if that's true, so be it... but they damn well better not give Selina the hooker origin because if they can't suspend disbelief enough to accept a woman dressed as like a cat, then I can't turn my brain off enough to buy that there is ANY HOOKER THAT WALKS THIS EARTH that looks like Anne Hathaway. I mean, come on!

I'm a bit curious as to what the glasses are used for, and how she got them. And this is probably the dumbest comment I saw on Yahoo about the pic...

She's (Anne Hataway) too high couture for catwoman, catwoman is a nasty sexy girl.

Very possible, maybe it's a case of she can't even get to the cowl when that sequence is taking place.

With your record, you should. This thread is frankly an embarrassment.

Is that a thread of suspending/banning me?

For what?

Discussing the new picture we got? Having an opinion, a disappointed opinion, just like a lot of other people, but an opinion nonetheless?

REALLY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back