• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight Rises Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
With your record, you should. This thread is frankly an embarrassment.

It really is but 072 isn't the only one repeating the same thing again and again.

He's explaining why he doesn't think it looks like Catwoman which is his opinion

while a host of others have been telling him he's wrong and that she DOES look like Catwoman.

One is a discussion and the other is trying to control the discussion

Skin-tight black suit? Check.
Boots? Check.
Utility belt with pouches? Another check.
A zipper running down the front? Yet another check.

The only thing you can't check off is the mask, which I'll grant you is a big f***ing check (to most people, anyway). But to dismiss the entire costume as un-Catwoman-like is ridiculous.
Look, the actual costume looks fine and I would change none of it except for adding the cowl. But the bodysuit on it's own does not evoke Catwoman at all without any cat motif. It would be like removing all of the sharp points from Batman's costume and leaving everything else.

Years from now people will still be talking about Eargate. Nolan sure knows how to stir controversy.

I was just about to say that. They could have just called her Batgirl, and it would still hold the same weight.

By the way, is Goyer involved at all in this movie?

LOL, he helped come up with the story like he did in the first two.

If she does eventually get the mask (I'm willing to bet she will) I hope she gets a whip too. If not a whip then something that will serve the same purpose, like some kind of cable grappling hook.

So, then, it still looks like Catwoman. The fact that Catwoman (from the neck down) looks like Black Widow or Talia is irrelevant.

Yeah the body looks like Catwoman. It also looks like Trinity and Cover Girl. I don't know about you but usually I identify somebody from the face, especially if the character is wearing an attire that's quite common in films. Personally I like the costume from the chin down.

JAK®;21117037 said:
Look, the actual costume looks fine and I would change none of it except for adding the cowl. But the bodysuit on it's own does not evoke Catwoman at all without any cat motif. It would be like removing all of the sharp points from Batman's costume and leaving everything else.
Agreed.

I just went to Batman-News.com, and Chris did say that there might be more of a cowl/mask, so let's just hope he's right.

JAK®;21117037 said:
Let me ask you this. If the still came from a scene where Selina had removed her mask, would you say she looked like Catwoman? If it was just Anne Hathaway in that bodysuit, and you knew that she has a mask, she just wasn't wearing it for this picture.

imageuploadimaged.jpg

Guys, this is the Selina Kyle reveal, not the Catwoman reveal.

Go read Batman-news.com tomorrow for more on the actual FULL outfit.

As for me, I think it's time to take a break until things calm down and reasonable discourse can continue.

Yeah the body looks like Catwoman. It also looks like Trinity and Cover Girl. I don't know about you but usually I identify somebody from the face, especially if the character is wearing an attire that's quite common in films. Personally I like the costume from the chin down.
Again, that's not the point I'm making. We can all agree that from the neck down, there are only subtle differences between Catwoman, Black Widow, Trinity, Batgirl, and whoever else. As a result of this, the Catwoman suit we've been given (so far) looks like Catwoman. Yes, it also looks like those other characters, but that's a fundamental flaw in the comic's design - not the movie's.

imageuploadimaged.jpg

As for me, I think it's time to take a break until things calm down and reasonable discourse can continue.

That implies it existed at some point :cwink:

Is that a thread of suspending/banning me?

For what?

Discussing the new picture we got? Having an opinion, a disappointed opinion, just like a lot of other people, but an opinion nonetheless?

REALLY?

An opinion is one thing, you are going on and on and on at every person who has a different opinion to you, and your tone is that of telling people what is what, not discussing it with them, so yes it is a threat and you'd do well to heed it, and I don't care if you are popular in this section or not and it makes me the bad guy, simmer down or I'll remove you for a few days.

I'm thinking that this is Selina before she officially get the full Catwoman garb. (which really just means she doesn't have the mask yet). The rest of the costume is pretty much there.

Of course, there is the possibility that this is all we'll get because Nolan doesn't feel a woman in a cat mask is realistic or whatever. And if that's true, so be it... but they damn well better not give Selina the hooker origin because if they can't suspend disbelief enough to accept a woman dressed as like a cat, then I can't turn my brain off enough to buy that there is ANY HOOKER THAT WALKS THIS EARTH that looks like Anne Hathaway. I mean, come on!

Out of all this, an extremely hot looking prostitute is the most unrealistic thing of all? :funny:

imageuploadimaged.jpg

tomorrow?!

imageuploadimaged.jpg

Yeah, I think I will "chill" for now. Already said what was on my mind. Now back to TDKR Batsuit thread, like usual. :oldrazz:

Again, that's not the point I'm making. We can all agree that from the neck down, there are only subtle differences between Catwoman, Black Widow, Trinity, Batgirl, and whoever else. As a result of this, the Catwoman suit we've been given (so far) looks like Catwoman. Yes, it also looks like those other characters, but that's a fundamental flaw in the comic's design - not the movie's.

Yes, and the thing that distinguishes catwoman's suit from all the other is...

*drumroll*

a catmask/hood!

I am hoping that this just is what she looks like during her first encounter with Batman, and that she gets the cowl shortly afterwards. Without the cowl or at least the cat ears she just doesn't look like the character. My initial reaction was that she looks more like Baroness than Catwoman.

baroness650x1023.jpg

An opinion is one thing, you are going on and on and on at every person who has a different opinion to you, and your tone is that of telling people what is what, not discussing it with them, so yes it is a threat and you'd do well to heed it, and I don't care if you are popular in this section or not and it makes me the bad guy, simmer down or I'll remove you for a few days.

That's the complete opposite of what I'm doing, and even if I was doing that, there are several other people that ARE doing it. And you're not saying boo to them.

But sure. Fine. Whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back