• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight Rises Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if any of you guys have seen this. Some girl won a competition to meet Anne. She went to Anne's favourite places - a bakery called Baby Cakes, got a fashion makeover at 25 Park Boutique, learns some Broadway, etc. It's three parts, but this clip is the actual meeting with Anne:

http://www.popsugar.com/18806490#ooid=F4ZnRxMjoj1eZ1dtz12Ty_pTNeaDedQT

Really nice, genuine interaction between the two. You feel that Anne is a normal, caring person just talking without any of that Hollywood elitism. The winner is going to remember this forever. Anyway, a few topics are covered in the chat. But regarding TDKR, Anne calls Nolan and Bale geniuses. And she says that her hair is long for Selina, and after shooting is done, she's thinking of cutting it.

I just can think she'll be awesome, I have that huge feeling, I believe in Anne Hathaway :)

Don't know if any of you guys have seen this. Some girl won a competition to meet Anne. She went to Anne's favourite places - a bakery called Baby Cakes, got a fashion makeover at 25 Park Boutique, learns some Broadway, etc. It's three parts, but this clip is the actual meeting with Anne:

Really nice, genuine interaction between the two. You feel that Anne is a normal, caring person just talking without any of that Hollywood elitism. The winner is going to remember this forever. Anyway, a few topics are covered in the chat. But regarding TDKR, Anne calls Nolan and Bale geniuses. And she says that her hair is long for Selina, and after shooting is done, she's thinking of cutting it.
That was unexpectedly entertaining. :awesome:

When Anne started rambling in her cheery way, she immensely reminded of a friend of mine. Same exact speaking mannerisms. :funny: Even funnier thing is that she's in "the biz" as well, as a screenwriter.

I'll probably go watch the movies myself but I'd just like your guy's opinion. Is Anne Hathaway a good actress? I've seen none of her movies so I'm wondering how good of a casting job this is. I just want to know what to expect.
She's definitely hot enough though. The hottest woman character in all 3 Batman's by far.

You're referring to Nolan's Batman movies? Yes I suppose so, since there was only... Rachel, and Rachel... and let me see... yes, Rachel. And to think, after all that time chasing after unrequited love, Bruce will have the beautiful Talia in one arm, and sexy Selina in another :hrt: Well... at least one of them will stick anyhow heh.

Jokes aside, Anne Hathaway is certainly one of Hollywood's rising young talent. Whether or not she's Oscar worthy is yet to be said, although to be invited to host the Oscars at such a young age speaks volumes about what the Academy thinks of her. So yes, I think she might have what it takes to pull this role off.

Yeah, I saw that. It was a really nice interview. Anne came across as very genuine and sincere and wanted to even ask the fan about herself, and then stayed around afterwards to chat, so that it wasn't all just business to her. She gave her her time and seemed to appreciate her. That was lovely. She seems like someone you could get to know as a friend. :hrt:

I'll probably go watch the movies myself but I'd just like your guy's opinion. Is Anne Hathaway a good actress? I've seen none of her movies so I'm wondering how good of a casting job this is. I just want to know what to expect.
She's definitely hot enough though. The hottest woman character in all 3 Batman's by far.

Yeah, she is a very good actress. She's managed to make some of her roles quite different to each other and not just a repeat of what has gone before or that she's just playing herself. She's very talented all round.

You're referring to Nolan's Batman movies? Yes I suppose so, since there was only... Rachel, and Rachel... and let me see... yes, Rachel. And to think, after all that time chasing after unrequited love, Bruce will have the beautiful Talia in one arm, and sexy Selina in another :hrt: Well... at least one of them will stick anyhow heh.

Jokes aside, Anne Hathaway is certainly one of Hollywood's rising young talent. Whether or not she's Oscar worthy is yet to be said, although to be invited to host the Oscars at such a young age speaks volumes about what the Academy thinks of her. So yes, I think she might have what it takes to pull this role off.

Well she hasn't just hosted the Oscars. Wasn't she actually nominated for an Oscar for Rachel Getting Married? So yes, she is Oscar worthy, but just didn't win that year, but that's not a reflection on her talent at all as anyone can win. Hopefully she'll be nominated again in the near future.

Interview with Anne about One Day:

http://entertainment.stv.tv/film/267595-anne-hathaway-praises-profound-one-day/

I thought the first part was funny:

Interviewer: "Is it a girls' night out or a date movie?"

Anne: "Both, particularly if you're a lesbian!" :D

She's funny.

Also, apparently Anne finds it easier to be naked than do a British accent:

http://www.hollywood.com/news/Celeb...ds_It_Easier_to_Be_Naked_Than_British/7832156

If that's the case, then who are we to argue with her? She should do what comes easiest! :D

Why is that a surprise? How much effort does it take to take off your clothes? How much effort does it take to do a decent British accent? Certainly more than the former.

Why is that a surprise? How much effort does it take to take off your clothes? How much effort does it take to do a decent British accent? Certainly more than the former.

...I think she's talking about being naked in front of dozens of guys/people on a movie set.

Which...for a lot of people, isn't very easy...

Interview with Anne about One Day:

http://entertainment.stv.tv/film/267595-anne-hathaway-praises-profound-one-day/

I thought the first part was funny:

Interviewer: "Is it a girls' night out or a date movie?"

Anne: "Both, particularly if you're a lesbian!" :D

She's funny.

Also, apparently Anne finds it easier to be naked than do a British accent:

http://www.hollywood.com/news/Celeb...ds_It_Easier_to_Be_Naked_Than_British/7832156

If that's the case, then who are we to argue with her? She should do what comes easiest! :D

Too bad this movie can't go for an R-rating. :oldrazz:

...I think she's talking about being naked in front of dozens of guys/people on a movie set.

Which...for a lot of people, isn't very easy...

Yeah she's talking about that. Also, for some actors/ actresses, doing another accent comes very naturally. The Yorkshire accent though, for the American, is admittedly quite difficult because they're more used to hearing either queen's english or a cockney accent. I don't know if watching Emmerdale was the best thing for Anne by way of preparation.

The end of that interview is quite funny where Anne is amazed that Americans thought that the interviewer's Scottish accent was Australian and she said something about how she should hand over her passport (by way of an apology for her fellow Americans).

It would be funny if, at some point in the movie, Anne did a Russian accent in TDKR and pretended to be a Russian journalist named Miss Kitka as a homage to Lee Meriweather's Catwoman from Batman (1966). Was that really Lee's name in there or was she ever Selina Kyle? Was Julie Newmar ever Selina Kyle or did she even have a civilian identity?

It would be funny if, at some point in the movie, Anne did a Russian accent in TDKR and pretended to be a Russian journalist named Miss Kitka as a homage to Lee Meriweather's Catwoman from Batman (1966). Was that really Lee's name in there or was she ever Selina Kyle? Was Julie Newmar ever Selina Kyle or did she even have a civilian identity?
Kitka was her disguise. I haven't seen the movie for a while, but I know with the TV series, they don't comment on Catwoman's real name, but I assume it's Kyle.

Yeah she's talking about that. Also, for some actors/ actresses, doing another accent comes very naturally. The Yorkshire accent though, for the American, is admittedly quite difficult because they're more used to hearing either queen's english or a cockney accent. I don't know if watching Emmerdale was the best thing for Anne by way of preparation.

The end of that interview is quite funny where Anne is amazed that Americans thought that the interviewer's Scottish accent was Australian and she said something about how she should hand over her passport (by way of an apology for her fellow Americans).

Part of me (the part I am ashamed of and want to disown) would rather have Anne go naked than attempt a fake accent.

Kitka was her disguise. I haven't seen the movie for a while, but I know with the TV series, they don't comment on Catwoman's real name, but I assume it's Kyle.

There was absolutely no mention of the 60s Catwoman being Selina Kyle; most people make that assumption because it's 'traditional', but, in terms of the show itself, there's absolutely no evidence to support this idea. The only times we ever saw Catwoman appear out of costume, she used two different alias: Miss Klutz (Julie Newmar) and Kitanya Irenya Tatanya Karenska Alisoff/Miss Kitka (Lee Meriwether); there would have been absolutely no reason for the 60s series to have made up aliases for Newmar and Meriwether's Catwomen if they were meant to be Selina Kyle, nor would there have been any reason not to refer to her as such at some point during the series.

I do think it would be neat for Nolan to pay homage to the 60s series Catwomen by using more than just the domino mask/goggles, although I don't think it's going to happen.

Part of me (the part I am ashamed of and want to disown) would rather have Anne go naked than attempt a fake accent.

Why be ashamed this is like what every single male would prefer, heck even some females.

Why be ashamed this is like what every single male would prefer, heck even some females.

Because I think of myself as an intellectual. One who prefers substance over style. One who doesn't think with his dick.

Last edited:
I never said you couldn't have both.

Anne is a very beautiful woman, and people would be in denial if they said they only appreciate her for her acting. She is very attractive physically, and has an extremely charming and fun personality. She's lovely. It's natural to want to see her naked. You can still appreciate all the other things about her too.

Because I think of myself as an intellectual. One who prefers substance over style. One who doesn't think with his dick.
I'm a smart straight woman and I wouldn't say no to naked guys. :hehe:

Anne is a very beautiful woman, and people would be in denial if they said they only appreciate her for her acting. She is very attractive physically, and has an extremely charming and fun personality. She's lovely. It's natural to want to see her naked. You can still appreciate all the other things about her too.

Good point.

I'm a smart straight woman and I wouldn't say no to naked guys. :hehe:

True.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"