Ant-Man Casting Thread

i wonder if Rudd tweets. maybe there are clues out there.

I like the idea of Rudd as Pym. Out-of-the-box casting that also makes me say "yeah, I never considered that before but that could work" is my favorite kind of casting. And Rudd certainly meets that criteria. Pym's a super genius and all but he's always been the most blue-collar or schlub-like of Marvel's superhero brain trust(Stark, Banner, Richards, T'Challa). It's added to his long time inferiority complex which is pretty unique to him as a superhero and Rudd would fit in fine in that kind of role.

Rudd as Pym would be so great I'll be disappointed if it doesn't pan out.

The Hollywood Reporter says that Rudd is the frontrunner.

much like with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, i could do with a lot less front-runner and a lot more confirmation. :')

Just do it already. While this is being viewed as a standalone flick I do hope he gets to interact with the rest of the Avengers down the line.

A casting announcement has to be imminent, as it is nearly the end of the year, and didn't Feige say that we would hear specifically on this front before the end of 2013?

A casting announcement has to be imminent, as it is nearly the end of the year, and didn't Feige say that we would hear specifically on this front before the end of 2013?

I think we'll know by the time Paul Rudd's next movie (Anchorman 2) comes out on December 20th.

When will we hear about Ant-Man casting and are the rumored casting choices close to the mark?

WRIGHT: No, none of them are completely way off, but I don’t know where they come from. I think sometimes, occasionally…I don’t know where they come from. I think sometimes it’s actually someone themselves starting the rumors because then…yeah. The rumor becomes kind of fact…I don’t know. Some of them are way off. But the truth is we don’t start filming until the end of May, so people on Twitter need to stop asking me, “When are you going to announce casting?” Like they’re angry! It’s like, “The film comes out in 2015. Chill out.”
From Edgar Wright Collider interview

While, I agree that fans should not be jerks and pester Wright in a mean way, he should also understand why people are so interested in casting news. If he thinks that this is mad, he should talk to JJ Abrams about the Star Wars potential casting frenzy.

Fans think people in the industry owe them, that's why. Like a "I patronize your works, so I am paying your salary."

WRIGHT: No, none of them are completely way off, but I don’t know where they come from. I think sometimes, occasionally…I don’t know where they come from. I think sometimes it’s actually someone themselves starting the rumors because then…yeah. The rumor becomes kind of fact…I don’t know. Some of them are way off. But the truth is we don’t start filming until the end of May, so people on Twitter need to stop asking me, “When are you going to announce casting?” Like they’re angry! It’s like, “The film comes out in 2015. Chill out.”

So which is it? None of them are way off or some of them are way off? How can it be both? :huh: If there are some, then that automatically stops it from being none.

I think that he may be saying that the basic rumors are not far off, but that the specifics might be. That's all I got, it is kind of a contradictory statement.

Never heard of the guy.

I assume you're talking about the guy who Tweeted, and not Rafe Spall? I haven't heard of the Tweeter either, but Rafe was in Prometheus and Life of Pi, and made those small roles stand out. Rafe is also a *looong* time collaborator with Wright, and MEW obviously worked with Wright in Scott Pilgrim, so there's definitely a connection there.

It may be fancasting at this point, but if there's any truth to it, these two would make a terrific Hank and Janet.

I assume you're talking about the guy who Tweeted, and not Rafe Spall? I haven't heard of the Tweeter either, but Rafe was in Prometheus and Life of Pi, and made those small roles stand out. Rafe is also a *looong* time collaborator with Wright, and MEW obviously worked with Wright in Scott Pilgrim, so there's definitely a connection there.

It may be fancasting at this point, but if there's any truth to it, these two would make a terrific Hank and Janet.

Yes, the Tweeter. I recognized Rafe Spall from Prometheus, but couldn't put a name to his face until now.

The only thing I don't like about MEW as Janet is that MEW is notably un-perky....she usually plays darker roles, and would probably be called on to do the same if that's who Wright chooses to go with. Rashida, I could see as the bubbly, perky Jan we know from the comics; MEW would be a lot more somber and serious, I'd think.

Wasn't MEW up for the role of Sharon Carter in Cap 2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"