Ant-Man Casting Thread

MEW would be a good choice for Janet. It is true that she's never really played a character quite like Janet before. However, she's a good actress so I'm sure that she can play different kinds of roles if the film called for it.

She's also a bit tall, almost as tall as Rudd, and moreso than any other female in the franchise with the exception of maybe Paltrow and VanCamp.

MEW would be a great Janet, and has been my ideal choice for the role for a while now. I'd be totally ok with her getting the role.

That said, I wouldn't believe that 'scoop' whatsoever - he seems like he's crying out for attention, and his casting 'scoops' seem to purely be based on how similar actors look to comic characters in certain frames.

Last edited:
Rafe? Rafe? Oh my god, i loved Pete Versus life, wonder if they'll let him be british.

assuming of course the rumour is true and assuming he ends of getting the part

Rafe Spall did a American accent in Prometheus. I mentioned Rafe's name a while ago. If any of Edgar's Cornetto trilogy actors would play Ant-Man then I thought it would be him rather than Pegg.

Rafe Spall has been doing theatre on the West End and Broadway with Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz recently

Rafe's got a great look for Pym. I'd definitely be happy with him in the role, British accent *or* American.

I would be more interesting with someone like Ewan McGregor, David Wenham or Jude Law

that's disappointing; Rafe Spall, not Mary-Elizabeth Winstead. i only know who he is because i've found his appearances in Wright movies to be unpleasant. and i kind of hate his face, too. oh well. maybe the rumor is false. *fingers crossed*

that's disappointing; Rafe Spall, not Mary-Elizabeth Winstead. i only know who he is because i've found his appearances in Wright movies to be unpleasant. and i kind of hate his face, too. oh well. maybe the rumor is false. *fingers crossed*

I wouldn't bank on it being true; the guy who reported it has 0 credibility.

I just posted this in the "Cast the MCU" thread. I haven't read every page of this thread, so I don't know if this has been suggested here before:

So I just saw a commercial for a new show on Fox called "Rake" starring Greg Kinnear, and it started me thinking who he could play in the MCU. I'm not a Kinnear groupie or anything, but he'd be a good fit in that world, I think. He's a pretty dynamic actor.

If Paul Rudd is Lang/Ant-Man, then I wouldn't mind Kinnear as an older, but not too old to be Giant-Man, Hank Pym. Thoughts? Has this been suggested before?

rake-greg-kinnear.jpg
tumblr_lcxo4m0xhx1qcfhrxo1_500.jpg

I'm not against Greg Kinnear. he used to be one of those overly cast actors (for Hank Pym, even); back in the 90s. I don't know that he's as hot a get as he used to be. and I don't expect his new show to last. I'm still convinced that Kiss Kiss Bang Bang-era Val Kilmer would have been the perfect Pym.

Well that kills any chance of a younger Jan. At the very least she'll be as old as Zeta Jones. I would have preferred Rudd as Pym. Douglas is pretty old now.

So Rudd is Lang.

Rashida Jones could be Dr. Erica Sondheim.

Or… Janet could still be in this movie, as Hank's daughter.

I just really hope they don't ice out Janet alltogether out of the MCU.

Wasn't Pym the antagonist for a part of "To Steal an Ant Man?"

Damn cool and interesting casting choice, to say the least!

I don't see anything in the Variety article that Pym is the villain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"