Antje Traue IS Faora in The Man of Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.
meh, she seems more like a T and A sort of girl whom Snyder seems to enjoy more than a potentially fantastic villianess like Annie Wilkes or Cruella de Ville but I'll give her a chance until I see more from her.

t and a type of girl WTF LOL

malin ackerman is t and a this girl gives off a tough bad ass vibe

god forbid she be attractive

yeah not what I would consider a T and A girl.

have you actually seen her in anything, or are you just saying that because she's attractive?

i wish people would stop and think why Zod and co. works better than Brainiac for an ORIGIN FILM before they make these types of posts.

Personally i'm not a big fan of brainiac anyway. I don't see how he'd work for a film that is trying to introduce itself to audiences in a more relatable way. Brainiac has always come across to me as a way of alienating the audiences even further, because I don't think that a kryptonian computer in human form is particularly the kind of thing that audiences would respond well too at this time.

I was a bit dissapoint that we had Zod as the villain, just because we've seen it before, and if I'm honest, I was hoping the film would focus more on his human struggles than his kryptonian ones.

But I definitely think a story involving Zod and Faora, for this reboot, is a much much better idea than Brainiac, and by the looks of the casting they are going to be incredible.

*braces herself for the backlash of Brainiac fans* Just my honest opinion folks, sorry.

That TAS Brainiac, although a good version, is not the Brainiac from the comics. My favorite version is the one Geoff Johns wrote. That one is too big for an origin movie. They could show him stealing Kandor, though.

That would be wonderful, and would set the stage for a potential sequel.

meh, she seems more like a T and A sort of girl whom Snyder seems to enjoy more than a potentially fantastic villianess like Annie Wilkes or Cruella de Ville but I'll give her a chance until I see more from her.

T n A?? Umm... (Remembering everyone has their own opinion) its good to see that people are keeping an open mind...

Exactly. Why would you want to go THAT big right out of the gate?

In case there's not a sequel?

I hate this planning out a franchise thing. It's the definition of counting your chickens before they hatch. Make the biggest, craziest movie you can the first time instead of "saving stuff" for a hypothetical sequel.

Singer started out small, and now we'll never see his "Wrath of Khan."

I hate this planning out a franchise thing. It's the definition of counting your chickens before they hatch. Make the biggest, craziest movie you can the first time instead of "saving stuff" for a hypothetical sequel.

Thank God for that. Singer is Not a big action dude. We know this. However, Snyder Is a "Wrath of Hades" type of guy. So I think people with low expectations and a loss of excitement for this movie might find themselves enjoying it 10 times more than those with high ones. So I say to you and others like you, keep your fever down for this movie and be pleasantly surprised at the finish line. :)

Eh but it goes with the territory, you know the studio is planning it. Yes we may not not know how it does financially, but I have a feeling MoS will do good in the BO, not mind bogglingly good but enough to warrant a sequel. I think it will have some what of the Begins effect. And of course it is speculation but any more most studios are wanting trilogies and it is common for it to happen.

Additionally if you cram everything good into just one movie, and they do make sequels then you got weak sequels.

I just see this as a relatively new phenomenon and it's kind of baffling because I don't see what, exactly, caused it.

I can't think of a first movie that blew its load and made its own sequels ineffectual.

Burton came smashing out of the gate with the Joker, Batman's biggest and most popular nemesis. It didn't ruin the series, and he wasn't "too much for a rookie Batman to handle." And it became one of the most successful movies of all time.

I can't help but think that, nowadays, people would be decrying that decision and wondering why Burton didn't open the series with Clayface and then "work up to the Joker."

I just see this as a relatively new phenomenon and it's kind of baffling because I don't see what, exactly, caused it.

I can't think of a first movie that blew its load and made its own sequels ineffectual.

Burton came smashing out of the gate with the Joker, Batman's biggest and most popular nemesis. It didn't ruin the series, and he wasn't "too much for a rookie Batman to handle." And it became one of the most successful movies of all time.

I can't help but think that, nowadays, people would be decrying that decision and wondering why Burton didn't open the series with Clayface and then "work up to the Joker."

But this is the difference. Wanting Brainiac in a film that already has its villains cast. That is what I'm talking about. What your saying is lets cram all the villains and the origin story into one film. I'm saying no. First and foremost this film is about Supes. Not his villains. That is what all origin stories should be focused on them more then anything. If you threw in Brainiac right then I think then you water down what could have been so much more epic.

And honestly using the Burton example is not the best lol. I still think BR was not that great, and and BF/B&R were more comedies then anything. So it had nothing to do with using the Joker to begin with but again that's a bad example because for the most part the sequels to the Burton Batfilms were not that great lol. Compared to the first one in my eyes.

But again the villains are cast and its clear its an origin story, and to me, to say also shove one of the biggest villains in there too, is just a little much and would be taking away from others possibly.

I never said shove Brainiac in there now, with Zod. It's over, Zod's the villain, not Brainiac.

I was responding to the implication that Brainiac (himself, alone) is too big for the first movie.

Ah, well yea I don't think he would have been "too" big. But I think you would get a much better film out of him if he had the whole thing to himself. But that's how I see it.

Not every story has an equal potential scale. So long as they're doing the best they can with a particular villain and narrative, I see no issue. Plus, with Zod/Faora you'd have to try and hold back to not properly utilize them. Snyder of all people is one of the last people I'd expect to do that. He's got an itchy trigger finger.

There are other variables to take into account such as which villain suits best playing opposite the titular character at a certain point and time. It's not simply a matter of asking "who's the biggest? who's the baddest?" and forcing a narrative out of that. Some components just don't go well together and you risk sacrificing a cohesive whole because of it.

Ideally you do get a franchise. Usually you're granted that right because you're deemed sufficient enough (by the suits and general audience) to carry another film. I'm not vexed Singer didn't get to make his sequel because he didn't deserve it. Screwing up the first time shouldn't be rewarded with a potential encore. Regardless of plans you should still have the ability to hold your own for the current project. Conversely, "playing it cool" and not worrying about tiring yourself out in the first round yields far better results. You get a consistently paced series which gradually has raised its stakes from film to film. Batman Begins/TDK and X1/X2 being the most prominent examples.

Ugh, yet another Kryptonian villain. I thought Superman was the last Kyrptonian.

An entire era of Superman established that there were other survivors. The Phantom Zone, Argo City, Kandor. Why is this so hard to accept? It might not be your favorite version, but it's a valid interpretation that existed for a long time in the comics and was brought back recently.

Zod is a good starting point...can set the foundation for other villains and bring some background history to Kal-El heritage and the inhabitants of Krypton. Something that have YET to be done.

Last edited:
Welll, I have no idea who she is, but I like her look.

I can see why they went the Zod route instead of Brainac . While I think technology angle would work well given how dependant our lives are on it , I think they really wanted a for who could challenge Superman in every way i.e phyiscally ,emotionally and maybe mentally.

I can see why they went the Zod route instead of Brainac . While I think technology angle would work well given how dependant our lives are on it , I think they really wanted a for who could challenge Superman in every way i.e phyiscally ,emotionally and maybe mentally.
Braniac can do that especilally on the mental aspects.The true reasons i see for them to go the Zod route is
1.Hes less espensive than Braniac
2.He is more popular than Branaic.Heck even the makers of Glee know the name General Zod.
3.He has ties to Krypton and this WBs only chance to include all kryptonian mythology.Remember come 2013 they loose the rigts to Krypton

4.WB is playing it safe.Superman just doesnt inspirefaith in them

Braniac can do that especilally on the mental aspects.The true reasons i see for them to go the Zod route is
1.Hes less espensive than Braniac
2.He is more popular than Branaic.Heck even the makers of Glee know the name General Zod.
3.He has ties to Krypton and this WBs only chance to include all kryptonian mythology.Remember come 2013 they loose the rigts to Krypton

4.WB is playing it safe.Superman just doesnt inspirefaith in them

Well , I'm not gonna get into a debate about whether Zod or Brainac is a better villan or who should have been the villan. The fact of the matter is Goyer wrote the story and chose the villan that fit his story. Nolan endorsed it and WB has approved it. Whether we like it or not Zod is the villan and while we can argue about what woulda shoulda or coulda been with Brainaic, if Zod fits Goyer's story more then Brainac, then I can get behind Zod as the baddie.

Zod may be a conduit to Brainiac...has anyone even considered that before losing their marbles.

An entire era of Superman established that there were other survivors. The Phantom Zone, Argo City, Kandor. Why is this so hard to accept? It might not be your favorite version, but it's a valid interpretation that existed for a long time in the comics and was brought back recently.

The first Kryptonian survivors appeared in 1950, IIRC.

I am a worthless spammer....I didn't come here to converse with any of you or talk about Superman, I just came here to spam....to leave useless worthless info that has absolutely nothing to do with what this conversation is actually about....I am a poor excuse for a human being...I hang my head in shame and now invite you to ridicule me.

Last edited by a moderator:
The first Kryptonian survivors appeared in 1950, IIRC.

Yeah, I know. I believe their names were U-Ban, Mala.. and I don't remember the other one. Sortof a precursor to the Phantom Zone, except they were launched into space in capsules in suspended animation, which is actually similar to the Phantom Zone of the movies.

Excellent, we have our female lead. And one that is more in line with Snyder's history. I've always loved her voice, and she has a great look for a hardened lieutenant of Dru-Zod's army like Faora. Kal will have his hands full in more ways than one. I've digged Shannon's and now Traue's castings for a many reasons. I find myself pulling for these diamond-in-the-rough choices more than well established actors because they keep up the intrigue. I want the freshness of this reboot to be evident in every aspect, including the actors themselves. Now, bring on Lex.

The Sam Lane plot rumors has bugged me, but Zod angle being introduced into this film doesn't so much. Personally, I would have saved Zod for a sequel story that centers around Kal dealing with the death of the Kents, with Superman at his lowest and longing to have gotten to know his past. Which Zod takes advantage of when he arrives, providing Kal with a link to his extinct Race and offering a new perspective on a way to prevent what happened to his real parents, and now once again his adoptive parents; challenging Clark's core beliefs of maintaining a neutral stance as a peacemaker rather than a more proactive authoritarian figure. Would have made for a nice symmetry when Kal has to rebel against the counsel of a fellow Kryptonian and embrace humanity as his only remaining family.

But alas, Zod's rebellion and invasion to Earth could still be made to work with an experienced Kal-El - as long as Goyer doesn't throw in quite the curve ball that fudges everything up, it should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"