Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, here could be a possible twist on the Prometheus concept. Make his father be one of the corrupt businessmen/politician/crimelords that Ollie killed way back in season 1. Their son, motivated by vengeance, went onto a years long journey of training, seeking out and mastering all the skills needed to destroy the Arrow. And now he's returning to Star City. . .

How about using an evil Arrow like a decent depiction of Komodo or Onomatopoeia if they want a vigilante hunter instead of wasting Prometheus only because he has a "Bat" connection.

Onomatopoeia has been in more Batman stories than Green Arrow stories. I still think he should be a villain in Arrow. Same with Prometheus. They've fought Green Arrow. They've had history with Green Arrow. Batman has about 4 books a month, he's fought everyone a time or two.

And meta's idea sounds a lot more in line with Prometheus than a guy who kills vigilantes for fun. It'd work for Komodo too though if he weren't already used.

It's funny, this whole series I've been waiting for Onomatopoeia to appear, he's my favorite GA villain. Now I just keep saying "wait for Kevin to do it."

Onomatopoeia has been in more Batman stories than Green Arrow stories. I still think he should be a villain in Arrow. Same with Prometheus. They've fought Green Arrow. They've had history with Green Arrow. Batman has about 4 books a month, he's fought everyone a time or two.

And meta's idea sounds a lot more in line with Prometheus than a guy who kills vigilantes for fun. It'd work for Komodo too though if he weren't already used.

It's funny, this whole series I've been waiting for Onomatopoeia to appear, he's my favorite GA villain. Now I just keep saying "wait for Kevin to do it."

The difference is that Prometheus' gimmick, origin and character in general is incompatible with Green Arrow. When Batman looks at him he sees a twisted reflection, if GA looks at him all he'll see is another bad guy. The best bad guys should represent some aspect of the hero or have some sort of deep connection or just be the opposite of the good guy. Damien Darhk failed to be special because he represented nothing to Green Arrow. Ra's was the same until they decided to ripoff Batman with the whole heir plot. Conversely Merlyn and Slade were both good because of personal connections and in Merlyn's case they also played the bad archer angle.
If they use Prometheus he'll just be reduced to vigilante killer so might well just use Ono.

John Barrowman Oz Comic Con Exclusive Interview

Barrowmanbanner-740x431.jpg

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsRhaAL632s[/YT]

Source: http://dccomicsnews.com/2016/06/10/exclusive-we-speak-with-john-barrowman-at-oz-comic-con/

I'm pretty much done with barrowman on the show... He hasn't had much to do for a while...

It's more that they don't seem to have anything interesting for him to do. He was compelling and fun in Season 1 because they had a competent arc/plan for him. But it seems pretty clear that they just wanted him back because Barrowman was popular (understandably), but didn't have a set idea for what to do with him once he came back.

Honestly, I wouldn't have been opposed to it if the plan was for things to go full circle and he was the villain in the final season (because he's at least a Green Arrow villain), but they've ruined that possibility by now with the way they've used him (particularly as a side kick, I was OK with the premise of him being the new Ra's al-Ghul). It's basically the Sylar syndrome. Characters that should have ended continue to come back with no purpose.

I wasn't opposed to him coming back initially (and I never bought that he was dead to begin with). But yeah, how they're using him now is, not good.

They also never explained how he survived an Arrow to the heart did they?

No but then again I didn't necessarily assume that he did get hit in the heart, just in the chest. And if Deadshot could survive an arrow to the eye, well there you go.

Honestly, I wouldn't have been opposed to it if the plan was for things to go full circle and he was the villain in the final season (because he's at least a Green Arrow villain), but they've ruined that possibility by now with the way they've used him (particularly as a side kick, I was OK with the premise of him being the new Ra's al-Ghul). It's basically the Sylar syndrome. Characters that should have ended continue to come back with no purpose.
That's not really true. Sylar had no purpose in s2, but he ended up being the main villain at the end of s3 and he helped stop the main villain's plan at the end of season 4. But Malcolm barely assists. Nothing he does really means anything overall. But yeah, Sylar was overused. Have a very great day you and everyone!

God bless you! God bless everyone!

In season 3, Malcolm caused the feud between Oliver and Ra's, and he also played a part in stopping them by providing Oliver with vital information on how the league works and their initiation process. He also saved Team Arrow's lives by providing them with a cure for the poison that Ra's put in their cell. In season 4 he revealed Williams existence to Darhk, which resulted in him having to leave Oliver's life, and he also played a big part in getting Darhk out of prison and getting his powers back, which resulted in Laurel's death, and of course Genesis still going ahead.

It would be nice if he had development or an arc though.

Last edited:
In season 3, Malcolm caused the feud between Oliver and Ra's, and he also played a part in stopping them by providing Oliver with vital information on how the league works and their initiation process. He also saved Team Arrow's lives by providing them with a cure for the poison that Ra's put in their cell. In season 4 he revealed Williams existence to Darhk, which resulted in him having to leave Oliver's life, and he also played a big part in getting Darhk out of prison and getting his powers back, which resulted in Laurel's death, and of course Genesis still going ahead.

It would be nice if he had development or an arc though.
That's kind of all stuff that happens inbetween things or as plot devices. I was mainly talking about big effects on things at the end of the season, where he's important as a character. The son thing would've been neat if it actually meant anything, but it doesn't. Instead of not being able to have a relationship with his son, Oliver's sad because Felicity broke up with him. Have a very great day you and everyone!

God bless you! God bless everyone!

I love how Malcolm barely remembers his son. Its all daughter this and daughter that...

I love how Malcolm barely remembers his son. Its all daughter this and daughter that...

Yeah, even Laurel was like "I lost two loved ones because of this nutjob," basically, meaning Tommy and Sara–Merlyn, on the other hand, seems to not at all care that his son died, ever since the brief mention in S3 when he was out for Brick's blood.

If I remember correctly, he did say something to Thea in S2 about her being "stronger than Tommy was" or something like that.

Given that this guy's entire motivation in S1 was being angry that his wife died, which comes up again during the Brick arc even, you'd think that his son also dying might elicit more of a response out of him than, indifference.

Merlyn might as well as not even have a son. Thea forgets about him, MM despised him for whatever reason and they don't seem interested in actually exploring that.

If I remember correctly, he did say something to Thea in S2 about her being "stronger than Tommy was" or something like that.

Given that this guy's entire motivation in S1 was being angry that his wife died, which comes up again during the Brick arc even, you'd think that his son also dying might elicit more of a response out of him than, indifference.

Well, there could be an element of denial and/or deliberate suppression of guilt seeing as how he was the one who ultimately killed Tommy in the first place.

He was the cause of Tommy's death. I'm sure he wishes it didn't happen, but Malcolm is the type who would view it as a necessary risk with what his plan was.

I think he views Thea as more of his child because she is more like him than Tommy was.

He was the cause of Tommy's death. I'm sure he wishes it didn't happen, but Malcolm is the type who would view it as a necessary risk with what his plan was.

I think he views Thea as more of his child because she is more like him than Tommy was

Um, yeah. Pretty sure he's said so.

As to Thea, she did mention once in S2 that she was repulsed that she tried to kiss Tommy, her brother, because she didn't know that they were related at the time, but other than that he's scarcely (maybe never) been mentioned by her. Tommy is primarily a motivator for Oliver's no-kill rule, and usually only comes up in that context now.

Per the Paris Con: David Ramsey wants the "OTA" back together full time and thinks the show is at its best when it is those 3 working together. He also wants Diggles costume to somehow pay tribute to Black Canary.

His OTA isn't surprising since he thinks they are the end all be all for the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"