Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome. New love interest for Oliver. Improvement from Laurel I hope.

I'd rather they keep the flashbacks and the story focused on Oliver.

Laurel's stuff drags this show down and kills the intensity of the actual interesting plots.

I don't mean individual flashbacks.

I just mean pre-crash Ollie and everyone else showing up.

Maybe just one episode would be nice. Give some kind of contrast to what everyone keeps talking about that doesn't involve Laurel's sister dying. Her showing up, too! So we get to see her and Laurel together.

True Blood's Janina Gavankar has joined the cast of Arrow in a major recurring police officer role. Her character is named McKenna Hall and is described as "a vice cop with the Starling City Police Department. Tough, sexy, and considerably formidable, McKenna has a complicated history with Oliver." Hall also dealt with Oliver before he shipwrecked on the island, when he was the usual badboy, something we got a glimpse of in "Arrow #1: Special Edition".

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsideth...-janina-gavankar-in-major-recurring-role.html

Janina-Gavankar.jpg

Another potential love interest for Oliver. Guy's drowning in *****.

That's Ollie for ya. Glad Ollie will actually have a love interest who's just into him and not this complicated mess.

True Blood's Janina Gavankar has joined the cast of Arrow in a major recurring police officer role. Her character is named McKenna Hall and is described as "a vice cop with the Starling City Police Department. Tough, sexy, and considerably formidable, McKenna has a complicated history with Oliver." Hall also dealt with Oliver before he shipwrecked on the island, when he was the usual badboy, something we got a glimpse of in "Arrow #1: Special Edition".

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...ring-role.html
Janina-Gavankar.jpg

Another potential love interest for Oliver. Guy's drowning in *****.

Not to make it a race thing but anyone else distracted by the European (specifically: English) surname on an otherwise Asian character?

It's like Lucy Liu as Dr Watson all over again.

I don't think its inconcievable that her character could have a caucasian father.

I don't think its inconcievable that her character could have a caucasian father.

It's definitely possible. Or that she's adopted. Etc. It's just... distracting.

Like meeting a Caucasian with the surname 'Patel' or a Hispanic with the surname 'Tanaka'. There are a number of circumstances that could have led to it. But it's nonetheless unusual and something that takes a few seconds to wrap one's head around before carrying on.

You know it's not as unusual as one would think. Have you turned to the news lately. There are so many reporters that are black, asian, latino with last names that you would think wouldn't fit.

Heck look at Soledad O'Brian lol. I even have a Russian first name and german last name, but am black.

I actually think it's kind of funny when you see an asian with a latino last name or vice-a-versa Jorge Tanaka, Hishiro Rodriguez-O'Donnell Lol.

Oh, I definitely get that it happens. My point is that it's an unnecessary complication. After all, this is fiction and not reality. Meaning the writers actually get to choose the characters' names. So, why add this unnecessary little quirk?

They know the actress they hired is Indian. So why not tweak it so her name accurately reflects her heritage? After all, the name is probably the least important and most easily changed part of a character.

Not to much of a fan of the huntress costume, but have to see it in the show. At this point it just convinces me that they should avoid other heroes because the costumes are very difficult to translate on a tv budget.

Because obviously there's nothing more to the characters than their costumes...

Because obviously there's nothing more to the characters than their costumes...

Of course there is. But cheap looking costumes take me out of the series. Besides, coming from the guy who wants the series to be more like poorly written GA comics I wouldnt talk :oldrazz:

Of course there is. But cheap looking costumes take me out of the series. Besides, coming from the guy who wants the series to be more like poorly written GA comics I wouldnt talk :oldrazz:

What are you referring to? :huh:

i think they should change Olivers costume... looks like a green Eddie Murphy outfit...

i dont like it being all green either... coming from a non-comic reader of Green Arrow... Id rather it have some black on it but definitely keep some green...

and again, lose the damn face paint and put on a bandana like zorro.

Yeah, if they're not going to do the cape then at least a dark purple trenchcoat. I'm left wondering what Smallville would have done with the character now.

Probaly something like this...

[YT]kBi-8DiUYBk[/YT]

or

[YT]FuoIB0AxFp4[/YT]

Somehow more visually interesting.

What are you referring to? :huh:

Sorry sawyer, I thought it was another poster, my bad. I care more about how the characters are written, but a poorly done costumes on tv are even worse than film because they don't have the same amount of prep time to stage shots. I would rather not see them in costume at all.

Eh,We got Dinah and Huntress already.I think they should focus less on his love life and more on "The Mission"

Agreed... to a point. I think the show has introduced a good number of facets and subplots and it should instead now focus on building on them rather than introduce more. Especially with 'The Mission', as you so put. We're now a quarter season in and we haven't really gotten anything new from it beyond Arrow's mission statement.

That being said, there is room for her character still; especially if she fills the 'friend in the force' role (i.e. the one supportive of his activities or who provides information on police evidence and criminal backgrounds) that most vigilante superhero types tend to have and need in order to better operate.

Only time will tell if the character fills the niche.

Many people of Indian descent have British surnames. Colonialism.

I almost feel like I would have preferred the Dinah character as a rookie cop instead on this series. I don't really give a damn about this CNRI stuff.

Oliver is building a Q-Core of sorts, with Diggle as his partner, Felicity Smoak half-unknowingly providing tech support, and now this chick as his eyes and ears in the police department, I'm guessing.

If it were up to me they would drop all this Dinah and he stupid lawfirm stuff immediately. Its just distracting. Kill off her stupid 'bad cop' dad as well. The last episode was better with him m.i.a.

Give us more Ollie/Diggle interactions, special arrows and get the led out of the flashbacks. I like them reffering to Bludhaven and Coast city but it's just a cocktease for stuff that'll never happen.

And stop being so goddamn shy, if you have the Royal Flush Gang, call em the Royal Flush Gang.

Is there not a new episode this week? My local CW is playing ads for a movie wednesday night. :csad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"