Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oliver should form Green Arrow Industries and Q-Core.

IM off the arrow ship, to much bs drama..not enough action. When ollie and laurel are on screen together my stomach churns

IM off the arrow ship, to much bs drama..not enough action. When ollie and laurel are on screen together my stomach churns

bye.gif

They just need to make it more comic booky and less CWy.

This might sound harsh but comic book fans are not the show's sole target demographic; or even main target demographic for that matter. Focusing solely on the comic book elements threatens to make the show very one dimensional. Which is boring. In fact, I'd say that the show should spend more time focusing on and developing further the character relationships, over the action alone which has thus far already been pretty good.

As it stands, all successful live-action superhero TV show (e.g. Lois & Clark, Smallville, even Buffy if you count it as a superhero show) featured romance and the characters' interperesonal drama; and did not succeed on their superhero antics alone.

I'm starting to wonder if Oliver will only get the name 'Green Arrow' once he fully transitions himself over to hero instead of vigilante.

lol at the people that have given up on this show and their justifications.
Smallville was a million times worse when it came to the lovey dovey drama. Arrow is a good mix to appeal to the masses. These buffoons that think a good tv show consists of nothing but shooting arrows at people and chasing random bad guy of the week fail to understand that that concept would get very old, very quickly without some quiet scenes to keep things balanced.

It's all in the execution, and Arrow's execution of Laurel's character and her relationships has been pretty crappy so far, but very much in line with the standards of CW soaps.

Arrow was a series that could have easily benefited from being more case procedural like SVU or Criminal Minds. There's elements of that in the show, but it's dragged down by the constant soap drama interruptions.

Flashpoint is a great example of a series that can keep the story focused on the case and the action.

The problem with Arrow is it's trying to be Nolan's Batman, but also a CW Soap. Both things are complete and contradictory opposites.

I really don't think the show is trying to be like anything.
It's got a good edge, but also has the sap to keep the mainstream tuning in each week.
Clever structure, really.

Well it's only pulling in 3 million viewers? Hardly the mainstream yet. On any other network it may have been cancelled by now.

I like the whole mission part of the series but I just can't take the romantic subplots seriously. I fastforward anytime Laurel is onscreen. She's probably the weak link for me. Same with her co-worker at the office. She talks more about going out for drinks and hooking up with guys than doing any actual work.

The soap drama, other than being average at best, doesn't really bother me. Green Arrow's life/comics are chock full of this kind of stuff.

Well it's only pulling in 3 million viewers? Hardly the mainstream yet. On any other network it may have been cancelled by now.

Those rating are high for the CW, so its all relative. If Arrow's ratings are low, the rest of the cw's weekday lineup would be cancelled as well.

The Game proved that it all depends on the network it is on. On CW it was getting your average 2mill, once it moved to BET it was getting 6+million

The complaints I hear most more than anything when it comes to a more personal or serialized approach to story telling in television is children, teenagers, and love interest.

Last edited:
I hope the show ditches the CW soap stuff eventually.

Once SHIELD hits, Arrow will really need to up it's game.

I hope the show ditches the CW soap stuff eventually.

Once SHIELD hits, Arrow will really need to up it's game.

Not going to happen. Because if it does, the show would likely lose most of its viewers and promptly get cancelled.

Yeah, but SHIELD and Arrow will probably be going after demographics. Though both comic book shows, I think SHIELD will be a more LOST, NCIS, CIS, type show where Arrow is obviously more CW teeny girl tiger beat type show.

Yeah basically SHIELD will likely be what Arrow deserved to be and should have been... but unfortunately can't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"