Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 25

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by Thread Manager, Mar 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loki882 Registered

It's the principle/thinking behind it that many don't like. And it undercuts one of the big stated reasons that WB/DC gives for keeping the films and TV shows in separate continuities.

2. regnak Registered

So Amell complains about people who dislike the way the show is going when this is going on:

http://imgur.com/a/U6npR

he should have jumped off that ship back in S2. Encourage crazies and this is what you get.

3. O'Haire Awesome

4. KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

Well, I didn't know that some of them were THAT obsessed with it... welp, can't unsee that.

5. herolee10 No More Miracles

If it's of any consolation, I know of fans that had hoped that Tom Welling (Clark/Smallville) was having an real life thing with Allison Mack (Chloe), Kristin Kreuk (Lana), and Erica Durance (Lois) at different periods during Smallville's runs....despite Tom and Erica having been married to other people at that time, so Arrow definitely isn't the first to tread in "this" territory.lol

6. Jedi Arrow Vigilant Knight

I just thought of something else about S1 and S2, a very small thing but one that made the transition to S3/4 more jarring. S1/2 treated the show as if it took place in the real world. References to pop culture were common (LOST, Zack Galafianakis, and I think the Kardashians were all mentioned in S1), Oliver and Tommy often went clubbing, and all in all it just felt real, especially Oliver's life outside of being the Arrow. S3 felt like it took place far off in some fantasy world, and S4 wasn't that much better with it.

7. Omegabat Registered

I can get being frustrated if they gave the go ahead to a Suicide Squad show only to restrict access due to the movies. Which is why I offered the Flash and the Batman as examples. Makes no sense to start a venture and then subject it to that treatment but Arrow? nah. I think people are so used to Arrow being anything but a Green Arrow show that these decisions tick them off when they really shouldn't. Looking back the big bads of the last 3 seasons were all imported from the rest of DCU.

8. Omegabat Registered

Bruh we still have all that except via Felicity and her supporting characters like Curtis. Who knew Felicity would go on to be such a plague LOL.

9. bes628 Registered

Cinematography was a lot better in the first two seasons as well.

10. Slade W "Who Is Slade?"

It is easy to see that much more effort was put in during the first two seasons.

11. Pokkle Registered

They look like delusional stalkers from Criminal Minds.

12. Mike Murdock Registered

I seem to recall a reference in a recent episode that Oliver didn't understand because it happened while he was on the island.

13. SpideyVille Walking out the Desert

Yeah, Smallville fans got really crazy back in the day. I remember people hating Erica because they wanted her to die so Chloe could be the real Lois. They wanted Lana to die so Clark could be with Chloe. I'm pretty sure they hated the show when they killed a few of Clark's random love interests in earlier seasons.

Comic book fans just have a bad history of being super (no pun intended) outraged by things that happen in live action. Heck, people even hated the Michael Keaton casting back when he was announced as Bruce Wayne. That just so happened to be a time where fans didn't really have a place to go to voice their complaints, but they certainly got a lot of hate mail.

Yeah, what has bothered me the most about the show is that they seem to be in the Arrow Cave/Bunker/Warehouse for the majority of the time. I almost feel like this is because of budget restraints and because its harder to lock locations for shoots, hence why they shoot more at night when they do.

14. kguillou Registered

Sigh...I read Willa Holland's comments about the WB's silly character embargo. You know, I called this and KNEW this was going to happen the very moment they announced The Flash tv show. I knew that we were going to face a time where there would be conflict between the tv and movie division. WB will not let the tv shows use any characters with a movie......yet they STILL greenlit a tv show about one of DC's A list characters and I'm ASSUMING Flash has free range over all Flash related characters. And now we're about to have two different Barry Allen's onscreen.

I really do no understand WB's thinking at all. Why is it we can have two Flash's and nothing else? "We can't have TWO Floyd Lawton's because Heaven forbid we make Will Smith's version less special!" I mean, fine. You only want one live action version of each character, that's fine. But you've already double dipped and now your backtracking . Part of what made Arrow so fun in the first couple of seasons was that it had free range to cherry pick characters and villains from the DC universe like Slade, Huntress, Firefly, even Ra's Al Ghul. Now, they're not even allowed to use the Hawk characters anymore.

WTF WB? What are they so afraid of?

15. Jedi Arrow Vigilant Knight

I don't know, I think the only celebrities/etc. mentioned this season were the fictional ones Thea mentioned in the Cupid episode. However, I'm not saying the show was good because of celebrity references; I'm just saying that I think S1/2 felt more "realistic." I'd agree the filmography was better, too.

16. Slade W "Who Is Slade?"

Oliver mentioned that he read the Harry Potter books to Thea this season.

17. Jedi Arrow Vigilant Knight

Ahh yeah, now I remember. That was a nice moment, and showed the characters' lives, even for an instant, outside Team Arrow. That's something we need more of (but normal lives, not the drama the writers seem to define as "normal").

18. Slade W "Who Is Slade?"

Agreed.

19. SpideyVille Walking out the Desert

I really liked the scenes that involve Big Belly Burger in one way or another. Like when Laurel was in the car with Diggle talking about how hungry she was. It's a natural moment that Arrow just skips out on 95% of the time.

20. Mike Murdock Registered

Ah that's right, something like "there were movies?" (although I don't think the math quite works).

21. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

22. SpideyVille Walking out the Desert

When they run out or can't use Batman stories, what do they do .... they copy the premise of the Marvel show that does what this was supposed to, only better. :doh:

23. Mike Murdock Registered

Well, I argued Season 3 was Shadowland. Season 5 can be Daredevil Season 2.

24. HighFivingMF Welp.

Those Daredevil writers sure struck gold this year when they came up with the idea of using 2 vigilantes in a story for the first time ever.

25. HighFivingMF Welp.

http://tvline.com/2016/06/03/arrow-season-5-villain-cast-anton-church-spoilers/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.