Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 28

Great episode before the Crisis, especially at the end.

I guess there were a couple of structural/plot details to square away. E.g., introduce Lyla as Harbinger and begin the actual Crisis event (the sky turning red, etc.) at the conclusion. But for the most part, the episode seemed to be another “character test” for Ollie - which felt like unnecessary filler. The prior episode, “Reset,” was a better test and a more interesting character progression.

So when the kids go back to 2040, things are going to be pretty different right? I don’t remember Roy having only one arm when he meets with William on the island. This could mean that J.J. never becomes Deathstroke too if Diggle and Lyla try to change how they raise him in the future

So when the kids go back to 2040, things are going to be pretty different right? I don’t remember Roy having only one arm when he meets with William on the island.
Young Justice dealt with a situation like that. I expect that the Arrowverse has at least one nefarious secret organization that would like to clone Roy to have their own undead, rage-powered super-assassin.

So when the kids go back to 2040, things are going to be pretty different right? I don’t remember Roy having only one arm when he meets with William on the island. This could mean that J.J. never becomes Deathstroke too if Diggle and Lyla try to change how they raise him in the future

Well there is a pic of the finale with Mia having no tattoos and in an actual house so.... its very likely.

Yeah there is no way the future can be the same.All of the events have changed, the Butterfly Effect would be ridiculous. They totally violated the Temporal Prime Directive ;)

I wonder if they're going to pull a Young Justice trick for Roy if he appears in either Black Lightning or Legends of Tomorrow where there are two of him.

I foresee them going back to the future but with very little memory of their adventure in the past, and an odd sense of completion and comfort where their father is concerned.

I have to say, though I enjoy Batwoman and Supergirl, and have never really watched Arrow all the way through, I am liking this season better than the other shows. There is a cohesive story and smooth follow through that the other shows are lacking.

I foresee them going back to the future but with very little memory of their adventure in the past, and an odd sense of completion and comfort where their father is concerned.

I have to say, though I enjoy Batwoman and Supergirl, and have never really watched Arrow all the way through, I am liking this season better than the other shows. There is a cohesive story and smooth follow through that the other shows are lacking.
The best seasons of Arrow (2, 5, 1, 8) are better than any other Arrowverse season so far besides Flash season 1.

But the bad seasons of Arrow (primarily 3 and 4) are as bad as it gets.

It depends how they choose to do it .Most likely she will still be the Mia from the future it will just be different than what she remembers.

So when the kids go back to 2040, things are going to be pretty different right?
Yeah there is no way the future can be the same.All of the events have changed, the Butterfly Effect would be ridiculous. They totally violated the Temporal Prime Directive.
If the current Mia is sent forward to a new future, shouldn't there be another Mia there as well? The one that is a baby now.If the future is changed, Mia, William and the other guy will be time remnants of a now erased future.
There wont be no time remnant business, because that's only relevant on Flash and Legends. The writers can appease themselves when it's convenient. Just think how many times those time wraiths should have shown up, but have failed to do so because the writing conveniently didn't write them in.

The future will be different, as Ollie specifically asked Diggle to ensure that Mia and William grow up together, so already there's going to be a change. It'll suck if the versions of them that go back to the future forget everything that's happened here, cause they've all had some serious development.

I'd prefer it if they did recall the events here, and the time they'd spent with their Dad - but only when they're returned to their time as to not effect their upbringing, then they'll merge (I suppose) with their new selves. From their perspectives, they'll have two groups of memories.

I wonder if they're going to pull a Young Justice trick for Roy if he appears in either Black Lightning or Legends of Tomorrow where there are two of him.
If rumour is to be believed, and depending on what happens with Crisis, there's a change Roy and Kitana could show up in Black Lightning and join full time as members of the Outsiders (a group of whom have apparently been mentioned as coming soon). The thing with Black Lightning though, is that it's a very different show; emphasising on the African American culture. I don't think anyone would suddenly want an influx of white and/or asian characters thrown into the mix as it would take away from the show a little.

This could mean that J.J. never becomes Deathstroke too if Diggle and Lyla try to change how they raise him in the future
JJ isn't going to be Deathstroke. I say this because apparently they're doing a love triangle element between Mia, JJ and Connor. Just what we need within the Arrowverse; a love triangle. Suffice to say, if JJ were still to be Deathstroke (and if he'd killed Zoe) I doubt very much that Mia would fall for him.

I am sure they will recall...as that would make a nice set up for the new show.

The latest Arrow felt like a finale and I honestly enjoyed Mia scenes with Oliver. Wow.

So with..
Oliver already being killed off in the first Crisis episode, what will happen in the Arrow crisis crossover and rest of the final season?

I haven't seen this season and so I don't know what's going on but won't it be weird to finish the rest of the final season of the show without Oliver? Unless they just set up the female team up spin off

So with..
Oliver already being killed off in the first Crisis episode, what will happen in the Arrow crisis crossover and rest of the final season?

I haven't seen this season and so I don't know what's going on but won't it be weird to finish the rest of the final season of the show without Oliver? Unless they just set up the female team up spin off

Arrow only has 2 real episodes left, the backdoor pilot and finale....
8x08 will likely take place in the afterlife thus E1 Laurel coming in to pep talk Oliver and how she was always meant to die. Someone whose reliable also spoiled that Oliver will become The Specter during COIE

Ugh, caught up with the first two parts of Crisis... that was a baffling and disappointing
death.

Arrow after having a good comeback (minus 2040) getting a weird "homage" season that doesn't really have any affect on Arrow and now Oliver
dies fighting essentially off-screen with a meh Padme type death.

Really sad to see this as the end of a show I really liked... concerning this is the best show they've overall had since Smallville, involving a DC character.

Outside of fun cameos, I have no desire to watch-watch Crisis now. Funnily enough, I had more emotion with Tom Welling's Clark scene than with Stephen Amell's last proper scene as Oliver Queen after "8 seasons".

Last edited:
This is gonna be somewhat random, but has anyone else felt like Stephen Amell stopped trying this past season? His face seemed noticeably chubbier, his hair wasn't really styled. Just me? Seemed like Amell phoned it home.

He knew it was coming to a close.

This is gonna be somewhat random, but has anyone else felt like Stephen Amell stopped trying this past season? His face seemed noticeably chubbier, his hair wasn't really styled. Just me? Seemed like Amell phoned it home.
Maybe, he did say that he wanted to leave in season 7 but was persuaded to stay on for a shorter season 8.

Alternate costumes for Laurel and Oliver that almost made it to the scene

I'm guessing Moira being alive again is one of the changes from Crisis based on the promo images for the season finale....

He admitted that he was there for season 8 just for the money. He also admitted that he stopped exercising since he knew he wasn’t going to have any shirtless scenes. Tbh I really admire his honesty.

Dude was done after Season 6, he was contracted to 7, wanted to leave, they pulled him back for 10 more episodes, possibly with a much higher pay raise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"