Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 26

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by Thread Manager, Jun 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deltron3030 Registered

Damn what an awesome episode. I love how they let 1 Villian run the first handful of episodes. This feels more like a good storline rather than random episodes. It's all tying together wonderfully. This is right up there with season 1 and 2.

It looks like they will make promethous a pretty badass deathstroke type villain, which I'm fine with. I'm loving EVERYTHING about this season so far. I even love the new team which i didn't think I would. Glad diggle is back. Happy Olicity isn't an item. The have much better chemistry the way things are then they do as a couple and the show is better for it.

It's too bad they killed Church, but he served his role well. Will be interesting to see how they storyline goes now without him taking up episodes. It's a long season ahead of us.

So far they nailed it 5/5!

2. Osiris-Rex Head-Kick

An alien invasion by the Dominators, to be specific.

3. Obsidian Idea The light is blinding

I'm really wondering if Prometheus is a fakeout and is really Talia Al Ghul...I'll wait and see.

4. edwardc Registered

From the looks of the body it's got to be a guy but like you said it could be a big fake out.

5. Slade W "Who Is Slade?"

Talia is not Prometheus. The higher-ups have said that Prometheus was created as a result of something Oliver did in season 1.

6. Thome216 Registered

That would be a nice twist, especially as they are saying this will be a more adversarial relationship.

7. divan Registered

Anyone here's worried about the upcoming crossovers? I mean, I think we've been getting a good deal of episodes already (5 of 5 for me) and while I'm not the kind of guy who thinks Arrow should stay away from anything that isn't "grounded" (Ragman's working phenomenally, for example), I'm admittedly a bit nervous.

The season has been pretty grounded villains-wise, Tobias Church was basically a crime lord and Prometheus doesn't seem to be more fantastic than, say, Season 1 Malcolm Merlyn. But the first crossover will already involve aliens, which looks like a very big departure to integrate it into the plot (it doesn't help I felt last year's crossover was the beginning of Arrow's decline and felt like a pilot for LoT). Then there's Flashpoint. While turning Sara into John isn't really a big deal to me, I'm not sure they'll be able to deal with the kind of out-of-nowhere plots that can spawn from what's a time travel problem (again, nothing to do with what Arrow's doing), one that originated in another show to make things more out-of-the-blue. I specially say this because there have been rumours they want to use it to bring Laurel back into the show.

What do you guys think?

8. Jedi Arrow Vigilant Knight

Not worried. It's one episode (of Arrow, anyway). After that it'll go back to Prometheus. The point is that Arrow is part of this extended universe that does include aliens, time travel, metahumans, and magic, so they have to use Arrow in the crossover, too. I'm sure it'll be fine. I mean, Hawkeye works fine in the Avengers movies (one of which involved an alien invasion, BTW). Oliver will fare similarly, I'm sure.

9. Slade W "Who Is Slade?"

He will fare much better. Oliver in this universe is a far superior hero to Hawkeye in the MCU. He is this universes Batman.

10. herolee10 No More Miracles

You know, I'll be frankly honest...

So far, this season of Arrow has impressed me. After the likes of Season 3 and 4, this show really hit its lowest point.

Going back to street level villains and putting the Olicity crap on hold has really done wonders for this show.

Though I fear that if this show goes back to Olicity, that its quality will go back down again.

I hope the producers aren't stupid enough to put those two back together in the second half of the season.

11. Jedi Arrow Vigilant Knight

I've been watching through the earlier seasons, and I just started S3. You know, the first two episodes are actually really good. Like, S2 quality. Episode 1 has some Olicity stuff but it felt more natural than Olicity usually does. I think, altogether, that most of S3 actually is good, especially the first half; it only suffers from the Sara murder investigation being stretched out for so long. The Olicity stuff doesn't really kick into high gear until the second half of the season, and what is present earlier on isn't cringe-worthy like late S3 and late S4.

12. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

13. Justin Registered

Sadly I feel there is a very high chance that felicitys boyfriend will be Prometheus and the whole of season 5 is going to turn into one big love triangle.

I'd love to be wrong, the season has started very well but I'd be much happier if they just killed her off now:

14. Blitzkrieg Registered

15. Blitzkrieg Registered

First look at Vigilante......

[​IMG]

16. Syncos ROFLICIOUS

Oliver will be fine.
    Lets face it, the man has learned about metahumans and magic and and adapted just fine. Aliens should just not phase him.

17. superboy13 Farmboy

Unless it's J'onn J'onzz.
    *faze.

18. Osiris-Rex Head-Kick

Yep, J'onn J'onzz would phase right through Oliver if the need arose. :cwink:

19. rashad Hype Board Junkie

20. herolee10 No More Miracles

Of course Felicity had to be near the center of a picture where only active heroes should be present. They couldn't replace her in that shot with Sara instead?

21. SpideyVille Walking out the Desert

Sadly, this was my first thought as well.

22. Slade W "Who Is Slade?"

Isn't that a shot from one of the episodes? Barry isn't there either. Maybe it is one of the best shots they could get that contains most of the characters.

23. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

That pic of the gathered heroes may be them listening to Flash. They could also be the ones not being under mind-controlled by the Dominators.

24. coluanprime Registered

Wow, I thought they Felicity fans were the conspiracy theorists...

25. Jedi Arrow Vigilant Knight

Yeah, this. If Barry's not there, this isn't a promo shot; it's a still, probably. And that's why Felicity is where she is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.