Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well no one first thought that Felicity could replace Laurel back in the first two seasons and look at where we're at now.

I think the problem here is that the producers did such a crappy job with both Olicity and Felicity that most people don't want to give those things a second chance any more.

Well, Laurel's dead so who would "replace Felicity" in Oliver's life anyway? It's not ideal but at this point it's what we're going to get. The thing is, Olicity doesn't necessarily have to be bad. It's just that the way MG and WM have taken them, they're bad. Under superior writers, I think Olicity wouldn't be that bad, and certainly wouldn't make the mess that it has thus far. So no, I don't think Berlanti is "the same as Guggenheim," I just think he's speaking out of the idea that Laurel's gone so really, there isn't anybody who could replace Felicity.

Except that Diggle and Thea are far more important to Oliver than Felicity, Berlanti is full of crap.

Lexa Doig To Play Talia al Ghul
84eaf5f739f4d15d50979b27f3f5eebf.jpg

Talia al Ghul will debut in episode 10 of Season 5, which happens to be the winter premiere.

In a release from The CW, it's revealed that she'll be played by "Stargate SG-1" and "Continuum" star Lexa Doig. According to a release, Talia -- who is the half-sister of Nyssa al Ghul -- is "worldly and cultured, Talia is an elite warrior who doesn't pick sides but rather creates her own. She will initially appear in episode 510 and appear in multiple episodes."

One thing that description doesn't do it provide a hint of whether she'll be a help or a hindrance to Team Arrow as they battle Prometheus, Tobias Church (Chad L. Coleman) and whatever else is coming their way this season. If Talia's comic book history is any indication, she's not going to be an ally Oliver (Stephen Amell), Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) and Diggle (David Ramsey) can count on.
http://screenertv.com/television/arrow-season-5-talia-al-ghul-lexa-doig-what-you-need-to-know/

Watch fans get super irritated if Talia ends up calling Oliver her beloved.lol

I think that would guarantee that I won't ever bother watching Season 5.

I wonder were they planning on using her last season as an ally of Darhk, but decided to save her for later.

Last edited:
She's a good actress ,so I'm excited to hear this news. She knows how to play a villain and sympathetic character well if you've seen continuum . I've really tuned out Arrow this season and focused on Flash and Supergirl, but I'll definitely check these episodes out .

I love Lexa Doig. Great choice.

watch them try and do the classic bruce-talia story with oliver and talia.

let's be clear i do like olicity but they made a bunch of dumb decisons.like felicity ceo of palmer tech,forcing her mother into such a big role in s4 and everything with her father.

everything so far says olicity is totally dead now especilly since Felicity has boyfriend.I can totally see Talia as oliver's post olicity relationship.

I am quite as in love with idea of green arrow teaching bunch of new vigilantes.I would much better like team arrow return to just oliver,felicity,and diggle with thea involved in oliver's mayor storylines.

If Oliver did get romantically involved with Talia, I could see the headlines now...

First Oliver gets involved with Laurel, only to cheat on her with her younger Sister Sara.

Then Oliver "marries" Nyssa, only to later get involved with her older sister, Talia.

Imagine if Felicity had a sister as well.:o

Catwoman and Ivy will be announced very soon.They will probably try again with Harley Quinn, even after WB thankfully rejected their proposal to have her on the show.

Say what you will about Batman parallels, but with the focus the League had in S2-S4, it makes sense that they'd bring Talia in at some point.

I doubt we'll see Ivy, Catwoman, or Harley Quinn.

Gotham has the rights to use all of the Batman-related characters over the other TV shows. Fox would have to be okay with them appearing.

The Al-Ghuls probably get a pass because the League of Assassins were already established in the show's history before Gotham started airing.

Even though the Al Ghul's are Batman villains, it makes more sense for them to come into contact with heroes other than Batman than it would for other Batman villains, like say Penguin, Two-Face and Joker, amongst others. The Al-Ghul's are not located in Gotham and operate on a much larger scale than most of Batman's villains. Also, Merlyn, who is Oliver's main villain, was a former member, and that is where the connection came from.

Last edited:
They are moving on full throttle with a new Black Canary, looks like she'll be introduced between 5x10-5x12. They piss me off, dont know why I can quit the show but cant just ignore it all together.

They are moving on full throttle with a new Black Canary, looks like she'll be introduced between 5x10-5x12. They piss me off, dont know why I can quit the show but cant just ignore it all together.
Where you hear that from?

Lexa Doig! First saw her as Rommie on Andromeda. Pretty cool. But yes, have them stay out of each others beds...

And although my hopes may be hopeless, I sure hope the newest Black Canary will be - drum roooooooolllll - Laurel Lance!!

:bw:

Sure it's not just Talia?

Nah, I doubt they would waste Talia on becoming Black Canary, that would be a waste for her.

Looked up Prometheus on Wikipedia and saw another name in his biography...

Doctor Alchemy!

It would seem this is how they are going to bring Flash and Arrow together for the big crossover episode they have coming up.

Nah, I doubt they would waste Talia on becoming Black Canary, that would be a waste for her.

I could see them doing it, though.

1. Talia's sister's lover was the first Canary, and she was friends with the Black Canary, so Nyssa could convince Talia to do it to "honor" Laurel or something.

2. If they did go full Batman and have Oliver romance Talia, then "technically" (not that I'd like it, mind, I'm just observing), Green Arrow and Black Canary would end up together.

But yeah, I don't expect Talia to be Black Canary either. I was just suggesting it as an option. But I'd say don't panic too soon, we were all freaking out about Evelyn Sharp "becoming" the new Black Canary (and all assuming it was actually Felicity in the costume). That didn't happen. Who knows who this new Black Canary will be, or even if she'll stay Black Canary? But we'll see.

Looked up Prometheus on Wikipedia and saw another name in his biography...

Doctor Alchemy!

It would seem this is how they are going to bring Flash and Arrow together for the big crossover episode they have coming up.

I'm not sure if you've been following spoilers for this season as of late, but the thing that will bring our heroes together again will supposedly be...

An alien invasion, which is why the flash retrieves Kara for her assistance.

Any idea who the death stroke looking dude is in the promo for the next episode? Hasn't aired here yet.

Last edited:
Nah, bring back playboy Oliver. Just meaningless hook ups with Talia. Just like with Rochev in season 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"