Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I don't know I would go all Mordor with it, I was thinking something a little simpler as in a cloth not exactly a mouth piece lol:woot:

It was the only masked archer I could find on the quick. :o But yeah, a cloth piece to hide his face would look ace.

I just want them to bring in the mask, even if it's a tiny domino mask much smaller than the comic one. Though I would love to see a bandanna with two holes in it (like Zorro) under the hood.

It does seem unlikely that both Oliver and Tommy would end up being archers. It seems even more coincidental that Tommy would already be an assassin and archer.

I know Tommy Merlyn IS Merlyn in the new 52, but does anyone think it's possible that this show's version of Merlyn could be Tommy's father, or something along those lines?

If Tommy decides to use archery as his weapon because Oliver uses archery, I don't see the problem. If it's some kind of "I was already good at arrows while you were simultaneously getting good at arrows!" thing, yeah, that'd be strange.

To be quite honest, I agree with some of you guys here. In this realistic take on the character, he needs to do more to his face so that he can also operate during the day and in lighting. Take off his hood, and anybody would realize who he is, that paint is nothing.

He needs a huge eye mask that cover both his eyes, and maybe some of his cheeks. Then from there he needs a fake goatee.

If Tommy decides to use archery as his weapon because Oliver uses archery, I don't see the problem. If it's some kind of "I was already good at arrows while you were simultaneously getting good at arrows!" thing, yeah, that'd be strange.

How in the world would that be strange? Your forgetting we have NO IDEA whatt Meryln was going in the five years Ollie was gone. He could have gotten into the league of shadows for all we know.

Because they'd both be falling in with a strange group of people in a far away place where they both have to learn archery to kill people at the same time. I'm positive he hasn't though, since he still had the time to bang Laurel and maintain his image as a party boy in Ollie's absence. And apparently his downfall starts in episode 7.

Why would he so? He was just another irresponsible guy, banging chicks and partying. What would compel him to join an organization such as the LoS?

Laurel already gets too much focus.

Enough is enough. If anything, they need to downplay her. She doesn't deserve to be the second lead of this show. Give Diggs her screen time.

Giving Oliver a steady love interest right off the bat was weak. Making it so they've had this past relationship is even stranger. It ruined some the magic of Green Arrow/Black Canary's relationship.

They shouldn't have turned Dinah into Rachel Dawes.

too late.

I wouldn't start getting on how Merlin becomes an archer yet in the show. Maybe he already is. Maybe he's a rich kid with money to burn so he hired himself an instructor after Green Arrow showed up and started taking out rich people in Star City.

All we know is that he eventually becomes GA's villain. Maybe it's already happened, maybe it'll happen down the road but a lot of people's motivations are a bit murky in the show and learning archery isnt that weird of a sport/hobby to take up.

I really doubt that Merlyn is already an archer or already is or starting on his way to become a bad guy. It would just seem too forced. I think if it happens it will be a gradual process and we'll see it happen throughout the show.

I hope it'll be slow. I can't see him become the villain after only 1 season. How long did it take Lex in Smallville, before he became an outright bad guy?

I totally think Merlin is already a bad guy. May not be an archer but there's a lot of behind the scenes stuff going on with all the rich people, stuff he seems a bit too familiar with at times. There's something going on with the mom, why not something going on with Merlin? Seems to involve lots of people who are within reach of the Queen's money.

I don't know why but sometimes watching this I get a vibe of that 'the cape' tv series that run for a bit.

I totally think Merlin is already a bad guy. May not be an archer but there's a lot of behind the scenes stuff going on with all the rich people, stuff he seems a bit too familiar with at times. There's something going on with the mom, why not something going on with Merlin? Seems to involve lots of people who are within reach of the Queen's money.

Been thinking that...Merlin may be in cahoots with Well-Dressed Man or something.

Rxlck.jpg

QhnBL.jpg

3qY9u.jpg

l6qO3.jpg

LVgeY.jpg

S9TSU.jpg

The connection to the list and the ship sinking is established pretty early regarding Ollie's mother, whereas with Merlyn there's no real indication that the character has had anything like that sort of development. Introducing it later on will seem like it's being inserted retroactively and will look awkward, you can't really have that many people in Ollie's life hiding big dark secrets because it very quickly becomes a gimmick.

I'm not saying that building Merlyn up gradually is the only way to go in terms of storytelling, but in this case in my opinion it seems like the better option at this point.

very pretty.

for a show about practicality, I'm surprised Ollie isn't wearing anything bullet "proof" or even flame ******ant.

very pretty.

for a show about practicality, I'm surprised Ollie isn't wearing anything bullet "proof" or even flame ******ant.

Probably because Arrow is going for the sleek/agile look where as body armour is pretty bulky in real life. And most people are familiar enough with this for the show to get away with it without some in-story explanation/hand-wave.

all the gun fire he takes(in ever single ep) you would think a simple modified vest for his main organs would be within reason. No one's asking for teh puffy nolan suit.

I'm concerned about Oliver and Merlyn being enemies over Dinah that would be similar to Clark and Lex being enemies over Lana in Smallville.

I'm not a fan of that angle either. I'd like to see Merlyn be developed outside of the Ollie/Dinah/Merlyn triangle and have his (potential) villainy be rooted in something else, something more meaningful.

Yeah unfortunately I can see that been the angle they go with too, I don't mind it been the start of problems but I hope it isn't the reason. Tbh I liked the idea someone had about Tommy's father been the villain Merlyn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"