Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched 'Damaged' again.

The Star city newspaper needs to give the vigilante a name. Saying the guy in the hood, robin hood, vigilante, etc. is getting old.

It would be nice if they Did Green Arrow but even Arrow would work at this point.

The good thing about Deadshot is... if they do bring him back, he could appear fully bandaged like in the comics,... not requiring the same actor.

But that is just cheap. I dont want villians to appear just to be silent and not even have any kind of development.

He's a hired gun, and the actor barely did anything memorable (performance-wise) in the episode itself. He's expendable.

Im fine with replacing the actor but I still want some decent characterization to come forth. Gail Simon wrote a great Deadshot, would be wise to adapt him.

Maybe I missed something here... but why would they replace Deadshot's actor; assuming he comes back?

If the role is beefed up and the actor doesn't have the choice to pull it off then it is wise to replace him. This guy didn't get much to work with, though, so who knows if he'd be any good with more lines of dialogue.

It looks much more comic booky than it needs to. The original comics look for Deadshot is literally one of the most simple, straight-forward costumes in comics, and that's why it works.

I do like the original one from the comics, its really the best version. I just don't know if they would give him that helmet.

http://tvline.com/2012/11/13/arrow-season-1-cast-seth-gabel-vertigo/
Exclusive: Arrow Targets Fringe's Seth Gabel to Play Big Bad 'Vertigo'

This is sure to make fanboys and girls everywhere dizzy with excitement: Fringe alum Seth Gabel is joining Arrow as a “scary and nightmarish” super-villain modeled after the DC Comics character Vertigo, TVLine has learned exclusively.

As we reported earlier this month, The CW hit’s version of Vertigo will be vastly different from the Vlatavan count in the comics. First off, his name won’t be Vertigo. Secondly, Not-Vertigo will exude a darkly grounded, Christopher Nolan-esque vibe.

On the other hand, the deadly new drug that becomes all the rage in Starling City in the Big Bad’s introductory episode (slated to air in early 2013) will be called Vertigo. (It’s safe to say Not-Vertigo’s superpower — the ability to disorient and unbalance his victims — will remain intact.)

An Arrow source describes the evildoer as “Oliver’s deadliest adversary to date.”

The gig reunites Gabel with his former Dirty Sexy Money boss Greg Berlanti, who is an EP on Arrow.
Lincoln muh****in' Lee. :up:

He was a ****y in Fringe. Seems to me they are going the drug inducing-scarecrow route from Batman Begins for Vertigo.

Can't wait to see Seth as Vertigo! LOVED him in Nip/Tuck

I don't see the point in calling the drug vertigo,and not him.

But what's his name gonna be?Are they saving the "real" count Vertigo for somewhere down the line?They should've named him Vertigo and not "random drug-dealer X".But I guess we'll find out in time.

He'll have an original name.

Or they might call him "Werner _______".

Anyone else think that if Season 1 concludes with Oliver finally having taken out his targets that were listed in his father's book, that season 2 may deal with the consequences of Oliver having taken arms as Green Arrow and how Oliver now has to deal with the external threats that come to Starling city in order to challenge and taken down GA for his actions?

I'm getting a little sick of Laurel's catchphrase "I care about my loved ones, you should try it some time." Every time she sees Oliver practically she reminds him how she cares about others while he doesn't. In a sort of I'm better than you way.

But they have also shown that while his family and friends may come 1t, he is putting his "mission" over them and their relationship with him. They need to show him reconnect with his friends and family better, since he isn't being like Batman yet (and only targeting the names on the list and not trying to stop all crime) he could spend more time with them and not be out every night.
I am just sort of getting sick with the whole Oliver you are a spoiled jerk who doesn't care about anyone thing, he gets from his sister, his mother, his ex girl friend, her father.
But i think this show knows what its doing, slowly having him become a hero and not doing it right off the bat.

The Oliver Queen he shows to the world is a spoiled jerk who came drunk to the dedication of a building in his dead fathers name, and a man who through a party after being arrested for murder. This is not the actions of a man who cares about people this is a *****ebag. Even though its his cover his family and friends are right to call him on it from time to time.

I sometimes wishthey went further with Oliver's playboy act. In this day of TMZ where there are miles of stories about rich celebs acting up there is a lot of fodder. We are beyond they days of Bruce Wayne spening all his time playing polo all day and partying all night. We are way beyond Diego Delavega and the Scarlett Pimpernell. He should really act up more.

I think it would be very cool if Det. Lance ends up being like a Gordon...

Arrow kind of also has a anti TDKReturns vibe... starts off killing then doesnt kill at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"