• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Assassins Creed 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
but the tall buildings people complained about not being in colonial America. Where would you find those in Japan I'm just saying.
In the main cities, there would still be big, several story structures and whatnot, not to mention the emperors palace... also, with Ninjas and Samurais involved, and japanese houses all having similar interiors, they could actually add alot of interior gameplay as well... Imagine hiding in the rafters of a house, waiting for your target to let his guard down or something... that could be wicked...

How so? Why would it be any sillier than any other period of history?

You can say it's already gotten silly with [blackout]these extraterrestrial demigods[/blackout].

Not to mention I dont believe the Knights Templar were in any way ever involved in East Asia.

But in the context of the game, its not the same as the historical Knights Templar... They're more of an organisation that is all over the world... Also, if anyones seen The Last Samurai, that period of time, towards the end of Feudal Japan, where western civilisation is starting to influence it, could be quite interesting... I could definitely see them having a story revolve around that... Desmonds ancestor could even be an american or british soldier or something who's gone over there and ends up knocking about with the Samurai... I don't think the idea can be dismissed so readily... We already know from AC 2 that there were other members of the assassins guild all over the world, including China and Egypt, and from the Truth clues that Templars influenced people like Gengis Kahn. It would still work.

But in the context of the game, its not the same as the historical Knights Templar... They're more of an organisation that is all over the world... Also, if anyones seen The Last Samurai, that period of time, towards the end of Feudal Japan, where western civilisation is starting to influence it, could be quite interesting... I could definitely see them having a story revolve around that... Desmonds ancestor could even be an american or british soldier or something who's gone over there and ends up knocking about with the Samurai... I don't think the idea can be dismissed so readily... We already know from AC 2 that there were other members of the assassins guild all over the world, including China and Egypt, and from the Truth clues that Templars influenced people like Gengis Kahn. It would still work.

Im with you on the Japan setting. Having the next game feature a ninja or like assassin would kick ass. But going off your ideas, id really like to see an authentic war game set in feudal Japan. Give us as authentic an experience as they can, in other words, if you are hit in the face with a samurai sword, blue lights dont emit from your wounds, but thats for a whole nother thread.

See, i'd prefer less of a focus on the war side of things... One thing that I didn't enjoy as much in AC 2 was just the open fight scenes, where you were just in the middle of a battle with the mercenaries... I would prefer a more solo, assassin like approach to things... take advantage of the battles and war, to sneak in through behind and stab the target in the back of the throat, that kind of thing. I think Japan would be the perfect setting for that too, to put more of a focus on stealth based combat.

Also, i'd love more interactivity with things in the street, or to be able to talk to people. I don't really have a specific example of what i mean, but in AC 2 there was so much detail and so many cool things to look at in the streets, but it felt kind of limited in that essentially it was only there to look at. I for one would be thrilled if they went crazy with more customisation options... more than colours, hood types, robe types, alternate costumes whatever.

You do realize that ninjitsu and the ninja, are two different practices, right?

:csad: of course do. In 1182 a samurari Daisuke Nishina of Togakure Village after a crushing defeat in the Genepi War escaped capture into the Iga mountains a very well known base for Ninja activity. It was at this time that he changed his name to you guessed it and became Soke. Later on head and founder of Yo****sune-ryu who somehow died out, I wonder how that happened?

Not to mention I dont believe the Knights Templar were in any way ever involved in East Asia.

So? Was there any evidence to suggest the historical characters we saw in AC2 were part of the historical Templars? And as Wolvie pointed out, there are Assassin connections to other parts of the world.

The game should be faithful to history but it's a game, not a documentary. They can take liberties with the material and adapt it into a compelling story.

. I for one would be thrilled if they went crazy with more customisation options... more than colours, hood types, robe types, alternate costumes whatever.

Agreed. I liked being able to change my clothing color, but it was annoying to have to go to the city that had it and pay every time to dye it (granted you have money coming out the wazoo about 1/3rd into the game). I'd like to have more outfit customization and able to upgrade the bullet and smokeball pouches.

Last edited:
See, i'd prefer less of a focus on the war side of things... One thing that I didn't enjoy as much in AC 2 was just the open fight scenes, where you were just in the middle of a battle with the mercenaries... I would prefer a more solo, assassin like approach to things... take advantage of the battles and war, to sneak in through behind and stab the target in the back of the throat, that kind of thing. I think Japan would be the perfect setting for that too, to put more of a focus on stealth based combat.

I wasnt talking about an idea for the next AC game, i was talking about an idea for another game altogether.

As for the battles in ACII, i deff hope they dont scale them back. The combat is great in Assassins Creed, they need to do more with it, not less.

I hope ACIII is set in Japan....in the year 2012 AD

Cyberpunk samurais fighting Alien Gods :awesome:

You know you want it

Last edited:
Are you making a prediction about what is going to happen in Japan in 2 years?

As for the battles in ACII, i deff hope they dont scale them back. The combat is great in Assassins Creed, they need to do more with it, not less.
I didn't mean scale back the combat, I just meant the context of the fighting... I love the fights where you encounter city guards and stuff, I meant more like the missions in AC 2 where you and Mario just march and attack a fortress type thing... It just felt like too basic and straightforward a mission.... fight and kill. What I love with the assassination missions are the numerous options and ways to approach it, with fighting always being the last resort.

If I'm not mistaken many ninja were actually Samurai and they concealed themselves because they had abandon their Samurai code under disguise. So what samurai tricks could he learn? Don't really have that much of a problem with Japan but the tall buildings people complained about not being in colonial America. Where would you find those in Japan I'm just saying.

How to handle a Samurai sword for a start. I dont know much about the Samurai tbh, i just know they most probably have a different skill set to ninja's. He could take stealth aspects from ninja's and Sword techniques from the Samurai. Or even the player could choose what he learns and from whom. I.e Ninja sword style or Samurai sword fighting style.

How to handle a Samurai sword for a start. I dont know much about the Samurai tbh, i just know they most probably have a different skill set to ninja's. He could take stealth aspects from ninja's and Sword techniques from the Samurai. Or even the player could choose what he learns and from whom. I.e Ninja sword style or Samurai sword fighting style.

I don't know if there is a different style or not but I know the biggest difference between the two is the length. Samurai's carried bigger swords all the weapons the ninja carried with them had to be able to work with the ninja's greatest assets stealth and speed.However has anyone considered the thought of what an AC's character would actually look like in Japan I'm thinking he'd resemble Storm Shadow when he's in the all white costume.

thats why hardly anyone else is here. ;) Sadly I'm not connected to Xbox Live so I can't enjoy the fun.

Oh, I checked PSN a few hours ago and couldn't find it, figured it was delayed.

wait isn't this supposed to be 360 exclusive? I coulda sworn I read somewhere that it was 360 exclusive.

"On December 1, 2009, Ubisoft announced its first two downloadable content (DLC) releases for Assassin's Creed II for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360."

Know it's Wikipedia and isn't too accurate, but I don't remember reading anything on IGN either about it being 360-exclusive.

yeah my memory isn't the most trustworthy either so I won't say anything about it.

Just finished the DLC on the PS3 not bad that Caterina is one brash woman. You have to hear the things that come out her mouth whoa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"