Avengers Infinity War CRITICS REVIEW thread (TAG SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'Avengers: Infinity War' started by flickchick85, Apr 24, 2018.

1. YJ1 Armed and Dangerous

My favorite line so far when I read a review that compared Avengers Infinity War to the ineptitude of Justice League... "Kinda like watching a pro boxer go a few rounds with a paraplegic."

2. TheVileOne Registered

It's harsh but not wrong. DC and WB made every mistake possible to self-sabotage the DCEU.

3. The Duh Registered

"What's that? I can't hear you over the sound of me cashing in my sweet, sweet bonuses for this quarter!"

On topic, I think the critic response is about the best you can possibly get with such a large ensemble. It was clear that having this many characters (most being present for action and comedy purposes instead of having any arcs or significant plot contributions of their own) was going to be a sticking point for the more critical ones.

4. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Guys, stop ragging on DC fans. Yes we get it, IW is more acclaimed and doing better at the BO. Rubbing it in does nothing for anyone.

5. tbg Registered

My only real question/criticism of the movie is the end credit scene kind of invalidates something Nick Fury said in Avengers. I guess he was grandstanding when he said
    I mean, he was paging Captain Marvel, and that movie takes place in the 90s, so at the time of Avengers, he had known for at least 20 years that we were not alone in the universe, and that we were not outgunned.

Apologies if this has been discussed already.

6. Zyraquis Registered

Thought he was just ********ting to cover up and laid the guilt trip on Thor when he pulled a fast one like that amid some pretty heated arguments. He is father spy, spies lie. That’s how I viewed it even when I saw that first scene for the first time.

#56 Zyraquis, Jun 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  7. Flint Marko Bring me Thanos

Oh wow you've seen Captain Marvel? How is it?

8. Abudefduf Registered

I did too and it's true. There's a scene in Captain Marvel where she trashes every single man in the universe... physically, and after she's done she turns to the screen and whispers "Women's rights. Down with the patriarchy."

9. Abudefduf Registered

[​IMG]

I don't know about Flint Marko but I do have "read the character", and she's mostly about punching bad guys and saving Earth. Brie Larson doesn't hate men (except for 40 year old white critics, for some reason she really doesn't like them :o), and I'm sure neither does Anna Boden (of course you're singling out the female director), who by the way has never said the weird crap that you're attributing to her.

What about you? Have you actually ever read a Ms./Captain Marvel comic, or are you just parroting the inane stuff that you've heard elsewhere?

10. Flint Marko Bring me Thanos

I typed a response but decided against it. I'm not going to feed the troll, and luckily he won't last long around here with that toxic nonsense.

11. Abudefduf Registered

Is he really a troll, though? The internet is full of people spewing the same kind of stuff.

But anyway, to get back on topic...

Yeah, I really want to see how they will explain that. My guess is that they simply won't, which is a shame because it was such a cool line. :hehe:

12. Hannibal75 Registered

He is a spy and he lied to cover his ass. That will probably be the answer.

13. Abudefduf Registered

It's definitely possible. We shall see.

14. CyclopsSummers Registered

My only critic focus on Hulk. He disapointed me.

And Corvus glaive also

15. javonstokess Registered

My only issue with IW is that Maw is the only one of the Black Order to be verbally named.

That's all.