BvS Batman V Superman Box Office Prediction - - - - - - - Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a bomb but an abyssmal failure.

SR's audience RT: 61% (avg score 3.3/5)
BvS's audience RT: 66% (avg score 3.6/5)

SR's cinemascore: B+
BvS's cinemascore: B

BVS's RT audience score also counts pre-release votes so it's pretty meaningless.

BvS is about to make $330M. Looks like the new ceiling is $331M.

Let me tell you a funny story.....this is the Batman V Superman Box Office Prediction thread......NOT.....the Justice League discussion thread.....yet all people are doing is discussing the upcoming Justice League movie in here instead of the Batman v Superman movie....isn't that hilarious?

Well it happened. BvS made it to $330M. I doubt it will make it to $331M but it IS possible

Well it happened. BvS made it to $330M. I doubt it will make it to $331M but it IS possible

if the UC hits theatres and is as good as I say then it'll smash that like WW guitar riff

No movie studio would ever release a theatrical director's cut of a film that underperformed in the first place.

And a rerelease mere months after the original release? Never going to happen, and if it did, it'd make a pittance.

if the UC hits theatres and is as good as I say then it'll smash that like WW guitar riff

WB isn't going to spend millions on marketing and distributing a version of a movie that had such horrendous word of mouth. They want to make money instead of wasting it on BvS they will be focusing on SS.

Let me tell you a funny story.....this is the Batman V Superman Box Office Prediction thread......NOT.....the Justice League discussion thread.....yet all people are doing is discussing the upcoming Justice League movie in here instead of the Batman v Superman movie....isn't that hilarious?

I laughed pretty hard at that, so it was a funny story. :woot:

872/873 million dollars WW + stellar video sales. This movie is a smash hit.

Saying "this movie made X amount of money/reached X goalpost" without any context doesn't automatically make it successful.

Everyone was expecting at least a billion before video sales. factor that in, and it should have ended up around 1.1/1.2 billion.
I said before it released that if it didn't hit at least 900 mill, then something must have went horribly wrong. I laughed at myself for thinking such a thing was even possible.
It's no where near a bomb, but it is a big disappointment.

Last edited:

What's really big news is that Warcraft now the highest foreign film to be released in China ever at $156 million in 5 days.

But didn't Furious 7 have a 180+ million (wide-release) OW in China last year?

872/873 million dollars WW + stellar video sales. This movie is a smash hit.

vvhMpkz.gif

I still stand by this cbm. It's NO where near atrocious as critics and word of mouth shaped it to be, but it's definitely flawed. That being said, I don't think it was a bomb--that's F4ntastic and After Earth. But it's disappointing in it's overall BO run. Should've at least touched $900m.

So as its domestic run is ending, $330,360,194 seems to be the final number for this film.
That makes it the first major comic book movie not to hit a X2 multiplier. In terms of legs the movie has basically been playing worse than any of the notoriously crazy front-loaded Twilight sequels and within the genre worse than the likes of Green Lantern, X-Men Origins Wolverine or Fant4stic.

Congrats to WB and Snyder on making history !

Last edited:
To think all this happened when the movie had no competition in theaters. It should have cleaned up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"