BvS Batman V Superman Box Office Prediction - - - - - - - Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Einstein never said that. Just saying.

Lol :yay: Fair enough. I was going my memory that AE was credited with that one, but a quick google search shows there's no evidence it was him (though I've seen a lot of quotation sites still have him noted as the source).

It's a fitting point for WB to consider, whoever it was that said it.

Two IMAX 3D tickets in Boston are like 19 a piece at the moment. Probably 20+ in Manhattan or parts of San Francisco.

Lol :yay: Fair enough. I was going my memory that AE was credited with that one, but a quick google search shows there's no evidence it was him (though I've seen a lot of quotation sites still have him noted as the source).

It's a fitting point for WB to consider, whoever it was that said it.

My wife says it whenever I try something more than once.

As far as theater prices go, the local Cinemark XD has really good early bird deals. Their 3D XD early birds are usually about $10 or so and it's an IMAX sized screen (used to be an IMAX theater). They use dual 4K Barcos. Pretty kick@ss theater. You can get regular shows for about 6 or 7 dollars.

Umm, where the eff are you seeing movies that it would cost that much?!

Toronto Canada. IMAX at Scotiabank Theatre. Largest IMAX screen in North America. 80 feet wide. One ticket is 24.99 before taxes. Popcorn usually a large with large drink and candy is 22$ Parking downtown is another 20.

Jesus...you can literally buy a new movie on Blu Ray for the price of a ticket.

You know that makes me think that ticket prices are going to have to either not go up for a while or prices to buy DVD are going to have to go up or something because if tickets to the movies gets to high then I would think people are just going to start skipping the theater more and more and more. I mean I have heard the average ticket price for a movie is like 8.5 now and a lot of new movies on video are like 20. So if that average price goes up to much more you are looking at half the price for a ticket has going to the movies cost. I don't know if the 8.5 average is for during the day or if that counts things like IMAX or what because where I live a ticket is now 11.25 and during the day is like 9.25 I think. The other theater a little close to me that I don't normal go to small screen and less coftable sits cost like 9.25 and I think 7.25 during day. So for the 11.25 I am already paying over like half the price for a ticket as a lot of movies cost on video.

You know that makes me think that ticket prices are going to have to either not go up for a while or prices to buy DVD are going to have to go up or something because if tickets to the movies gets to high then I would think people are just going to start skipping the theater more and more and more. I mean I have heard the average ticket price for a movie is like 8.5 now and a lot of new movies on video are like 20. So if that average price goes up to much more you are looking at half the price for a ticket has going to the movies cost. I don't know if the 8.5 average is for during the day or if that counts things like IMAX or what because where I live a ticket is now 11.25 and during the day is like 9.25 I think. The other theater a little close to me that I don't normal go to small screen and less coftable sits cost like 9.25 and I think 7.25 during day. So for the 11.25 I am already paying over like half the price for a ticket as a lot of movies cost on video.

It's already happening. Which is why so many fans overestimate box office for poorly received movies.

Suicide Squad, yes.

Wonder Woman maybe, depending on how it looks.

JL, hell no. Waiting till Netflix or Blu-Ray.

That's me exactly. DCEU is in a very precarious position right now. A string of bad movies with average or below average box office can torpedo the cinematic universe and leave us with bunch of Batman solo movies

Well, my local theater kicks BvS this weekend. If I don't see it by Thur, I am going to have to go to my non-preferred theaters.

It will be interesting to see how much it loses this weekend.

It depends, but who wants to wait? There are deals available if you know where to go.

You can also pirate, but the quality isn't there. I have a pretty killer home theater, but it's STILL not the same. I'd LOVE to have one of those IMAX theaters in my house, but it ain't that big.

Yeah. I'll believe it when I see it. Let's wait till the trailers and the SDCC press comes out. They call this place the Superhero 'Hype' for a reason.

Even after the disappointing mess of MOS, people were still riding the BVS hype train hard.

I didn't see Attack Of The Clones at the cinema, and I won't be seeing Justice League for much the same reasons - unless it's made very clear that Snyder's influence is minimised, or he's thrown off the project altogether. And even then I'm only going a good couple of weeks into its run, after I've had chance to gauge word of mouth.

Has JL started filming yet?
Edit: I see it has:

Principal photography on Part One commenced on April 11, 2016, with shooting taking place at Warner Bros. Studios, Leavesden in south east England, as well as various locations around London, Scotland and in Iceland.[63][64][4] Snyder's longtime cinematographer Larry Fong was replaced by Fabian Wagner due to scheduling conflicts.[64]

Has JL started filming yet?
Edit: I see it has:

Principal photography on Part One commenced on April 11, 2016, with shooting taking place at Warner Bros. Studios, Leavesden in south east England, as well as various locations around London, Scotland and in Iceland.[63][64][4] Snyder's longtime cinematographer Larry Fong was replaced by Fabian Wagner due to scheduling conflicts.[64]

Maybe they'll also hire Fabian Wagner's long time director due to scheduling conflicts. LOL.

Seriously, given the reception this movie got at the BO after the initial week, I just don't see how they can expect JL to be super successful with Snyder still at the helm. Personally, I have nothing against the guy and rather liked a couple of his movies, but that doesn't matter. What DOES matter is the public's perception.

Does anyone watch the "Game of Box Office" videos on YouTube? I was following it before this movie came out.

Optimistic Prediction:
DOM: 545M
WW: 1.295B

Realistic Prediction:
DOM: 430M
WW: 1.070B

Pessimistic Prediction:
DOM: 375M
WW: 925M

Pretty sad that this film isn't even going to reach their pessimistic numbers...

Does anyone watch the "Game of Box Office" videos on YouTube? I was following it before this movie came out.

Optimistic Prediction:

Realistic Prediction:

Pessimistic Prediction:

Pretty sad that this film isn't even going to reach their pessimistic numbers...

AND, I think the optimistic projection was within reach "IF" people/critics had felt it was a really good movie; as evidenced by the OW BO #s. Even low 80s on the meter and maybe a rating of 7.5+. I think "most" people really wanted to like it. Sure, there were some MCU folks who probably wanted it to fail, but, by and large, most people just want to go see a good movie.

I didn't see Attack Of The Clones at the cinema, and I won't be seeing Justice League for much the same reasons - unless it's made very clear that Snyder's influence is minimised, or he's thrown off the project altogether. And even then I'm only going a good couple of weeks into its run, after I've had chance to gauge word of mouth.

Same here. I didn't see BvS in theaters and I won't be seeing JL in theaters unless WOM and the reviews are substantially different.

Same here. I didn't see BvS in theaters and I won't be seeing JL in theaters unless WOM and the reviews are substantially different.

And THAT is why JL's BO numbers are going to suffer somewhat. Same thing for X:FC (which was pretty darn good). A lot of people feel burned by movies that are substandard (in their opinion) and the trust has to be rebuilt. If Apocalypse doesn't go over well, it's very bad news for X fans.

Bad reviews DO affect the BO, but BvS was able to withstand that problem for the opening week because of the characters. Not so anymore IMO>

Toronto Canada. IMAX at Scotiabank Theatre. Largest IMAX screen in North America. 80 feet wide. One ticket is 24.99 before taxes. Popcorn usually a large with large drink and candy is 22$ Parking downtown is another 20.

Yeah, I'd recommend a different theater. And I know from much experience how much a pain it is to park in Toronto, like i sincerely sympathize because they do not make it easy, but you can find parking for not $20 if you want to.

$577k Tuesday. That puts it over the 320 mark domestically, $320.5 million.

AND, I think the optimistic projection was within reach "IF" people/critics had felt it was a really good movie; as evidenced by the OW BO #s. Even low 80s on the meter and maybe a rating of 7.5+. I think "most" people really wanted to like it. Sure, there were some MCU folks who probably wanted it to fail, but, by and large, most people just want to go see a good movie.

I have never understood why people would go in wanting a movie to be bad or fail, competition in anything makes all products better. Could you imagine how much better the entire comic book movie genre would be if DC and marvel were releasing great movies twice a year and each studio was competing for actors, directors and writers. It would be better for every fan of either brand with both studios trying to one up each other.

It sucks that this movie didn't get the critical acclaim and box office I was wanting for but hopefully that means there will be a change and the next DC movies will be great and win audiences back.

Optimistic Prediction:

Realistic Prediction:

Pessimistic Prediction:

Before the movie came out people predicting less than a billion WW here were practically flamed out.

I can't count how many times I said "this movie is a shoe-in for a billion". I didn't count on audiences and critics disliking it as much as they did. I thought Snyder would course correct from MoS, but alas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"