The Dark Knight Batsuit Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Fallen said:
That pic really looks like "The Batman" to me. I'd rather leave the suit the way it is. Why do we need all these different suits? That's one of my major peevs in the Burton/Schumacher franchise... too many different suits.

^Exactly,keep the suit the way it is,we don't need to go through all that again.

GoldGoblin said:
^Exactly,keep the suit the way it is,we don't need to go through all that again.

Yes otherwise it will come back to Bat nipples!!

Maybe we should ask Joel ****maker to came back:rolleyes:

Thot said:
Cool designs....but maybe a bit too artsy-fartsy for the Dark Knight. Heck of an artist though. Nolan should leave the suit pretty much alone. I have some nitpicks I'd like to see changed/modified, but the look as-is is great. It would make sense that Bruce would make some changes but they would have to serve a definite purpose. If I could change just one thing, it would be the ears. I would like to see them straighter and a bit longer. They look odd at certain angles. I think it would help reduce or eliminate the egg-head look as well.

All Batman's costumes are "artsy-fartsy":confused:
I think the oval is cool and kind of makes sense at a point in
Batman's career.
After everyone in Gotham knows at a certain point that
he is a man in a suit the scary costume aspect is gone.
then all he is left with is just a cool suit with a nice graphic.
Don't get me wrong Bat's is still feared....
The oval is a part of the history of Batman.
I tend to think that some of you guys try to make Batman to realistic
and sap out all the cool fun imagery and fun.
Im of the mind set that Batman should not be "realistic" but believable..:up:
The truth is BB suit still has major problems of mobility.
Foam latex tares easy unflexable and folds in joint areas.
Other than them just standing there..they are not what Bats should wear.
They just beautiful works of "artsy-fartsy" art.:up:

Wams

i'm not into the suit myself but goddamn that is some beautiful art. please do that again minus the yellow oval!

I may as well post mine here:

batmantights.jpg

batmantightscolour.jpg

I think a costume change... even a quite radical one, is fine as long as it makes sense and is explained somehow in the film. You don't have to belabour the point, you don't have to explain every little aspect but it could be explained organically.

If you change the suit as radically as the designs in this thread though, I think the one thing you HAVE to retain from the first film is the FACE of the cowl. It doesn't have to be in the same material, it doesn't have to have the same ears or jaw or neck, but the brow and eye area have to be very, very similar to the last one. I think it needs to look like the same "character" and that means the face.

Cyborg Batman, crime fighter of the future...

heh heh...codpiece..

I'd do one, but I'm busy.

PS I say no to the yellow oval.

If they ever have the oval back, I'd say make it SILVER. It keeps to the monochromatic scheme of Batman's design, and I think it'd look pretty cool. Maybe even make it a *circle*, rather than an oval, after all it's supposed to be the *moon*.

Still, plain bat it always my preference.

I must admit the I like the designs, even the oval (always like both the oval and plain bat). But I wouldn't change the costume too much from what we have now. Had BB started with that design, I would've been cool with it.

The Oval is awesome. Since people like to complain about a yellow oval but like a yellow utility belt for some reason, the oval should be brinze or silver instead. Also, get rid of the codpiece/thong and its pretty much perfect...

Here's another of nine, an old one. An evolution of the Begins suit.

BatmanSaleAnim_05-newface-shinechest.jpg

apparently lujho is Tim Sale.

I like that. Looks like Begins w/o the cape clasps.

I find these Wan's concepts extremely good. :up: :up: :up:

KingOfDreams said:
I've always wondered whose idea it was to put undies on the outside of superheroes' costumes.

I ignore it, but that guy should die once and again.

Ronny Shade said:
apparently lujho is Tim Sale.

I like that. Looks like Begins w/o the cape clasps.

That's the funny thing about the internet. For all we know, we could have all kinds of famous people on these boards and not even know it. Maybe lujho is Tim Sale... Are you?

Katsuro said:
That's the funny thing about the internet. For all we know, we could have all kinds of famous people on these boards and not even know it. Maybe lujho is Tim Sale... Are you?
It's obviously a Tim Sale drawing he used for the BG and layered his bat-pic on top of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"