The Dark Knight Batsuit Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Socko said:
The one in the top right and bottom left are perfect. I hate the old puffy jaws.

Is there a reason why they can never give Batman white eyes like in the comics...

Taking away an actors eye's takes away one of his most powerful tools. This case is especially true in the case of Christian Bale who almost speaks more through his eyes than his mouth.

StorminNorman said:
Taking away an actors eye's takes away one of his most powerful tools. This case is especially true in the case of Christian Bale who almost speaks more through his eyes than his mouth.
Exactly. I would have been in support of white lenses for Keaton, Kilmer or Clooney, but Bale's eyes are so expressive and really a very powerful part of his Batman. Don't take them away from him.

lenses4ir.jpg

(With lenses instead of contacts)

Watch Batman: Dead End. Contacts look terrible.

There are already two trailers out. I believe the movie is being released this summer.

Hm. Intriguing. I had no idea. Kevin Smith to direct?

darknight7 said:
Batman wearing contacts isn't realistic. They would move around and possibly irritate(se) his eyes. If they were to build the lense into the cowl, you would not be able to see Batman's expression from his eyes. Which would take away from the character. :down: unfortunately those are the reasons. (in my opinion)

But I was wondering, you would rather see a bigger mouth hole? and spread apart ears? For Batman in the sequal.

--dk7

Bigger mouth hole, Yes. The ears are fine the way they are.

Ronny Shade said:
lenses4ir.jpg

(With lenses instead of contacts)

Watch Batman: Dead End. Contacts look terrible.

Who said anything about contacts? If they were to make the eyes white then it should be professionally done in postproduction by blending the pupil to the white color of the rest of the eye.

Kinda like how Tion Midion's eyes were done.

Yeah, the contacts looked bad in Dead End because white contacts on black pupils only make the pupils look light grey.

Ronny Shade said:
Hm. Intriguing. I had no idea. Kevin Smith to direct?
Yep. Written and directed. I think it's been wrapped for awhile. He promissed that he'd make the movie if Jason Mewes cleaned himself up, and he did, so they made the movie. There's a thread for it in the Misc. Film section.

Click here for Dead End close-up

Click the link and see how bad it looks, the eyes just look grey. But the Sandman gets credit for atleast trying to make it look the most like the comic book Batman. But sometimes making everything exactly like the comic can be bad.

Mr. Socko said:
Who said anything about contacts? If they were to make the eyes white then it should be professionally done in postproduction by blending the pupil to the white color of the rest of the eye.

Kinda like how Tion Midion's eyes were done.

Yeah, the contacts looked bad in Dead End because white contacts on black pupils only make the pupils look light grey.
I don't know who Tion Midion is.

How would you explain white eyes then? Magic?

Ronny Shade said:
I don't know who Tion Midion is.

How would you explain white eyes then? Magic?

Tion Midion is a guy from Star Wars and his eyes are completely black.

Lol idk, how is it explained in the comics? But some choices are...

1. No explination

2. MAGIC!

No matter how realistic they get, the comics are still an inherently symbolic and stylistic medium.

Ronny Shade said:
No matter how realistic they get, the comics are still an inherently symbolic and stylistic medium.

Unless you're talking about Sin City which is just as inherently symbolic and stylistic, actually even more, then the comics.

They should go the Spider-Man/Spider-Man 2 route and just make minor adjustments and tweaks to the costume to enhance it, but to the mass majority of the the viewers, it'd look like the same costume.

darknight7 said:
GOPHERBOY (as my brother calls it) VS. BATMAN (hush style)
*edit*
gofermanvsbatman9gn.jpg

The more I look at this picture, the tougher the right image looks. SQUARE JAW ALL THE WAY:cool: WOOT!

--dk7

Wow, love the mouth-hole, that's great - much cooler looking than the real one - that's how it's *supposed* to look. Ears are better too.

Another thing about the cowl though - a lot of people including myself feel the "jaw bone" is too wide, but another thing I feel is that the jaw goes too far back - from the looks of it it goes back much farther than a person's jaw actually would.

I want the whole jaw in the next film to conform much more closely to Bale's - sure, square it up a bit, but just a bit. Don't bulk it so much up and deform it from real human anatomy.

The jaw bone on that cowl is about as spot on as you can get. feel with your fingers when your head is in a similar orientation how far back into your neck your jaw actually goes. that's not deforming anatomy at all.

you gotta remember they make those masks by molding his face and head. sure, they can goof with things like the eyebrows to over exaggerate them. but you can't in the neck/jaw area because it would crease in extremely odd areas when he moved and talked.

personally, i like the the look of the cowl in the film as opposed to this new photomanip. they both look good, but to me the original looks more like how a real functional cowl would need to be practically shape.

What I dont think some people get is, the suits are gonna change. Because as Bruce comes up with new gadgets and gear (well Fox will) your gonna see changes. Obviously the tumbler will evolutionise into the batmobile and as new innovative things are found the suit may change too.
But that first pic aint so bad

I know (or at least think) that ONE of the reasons for the white lenses is to make Bats seem less human, but if that is the case, the cowl could be made to better resemble a bat.
I like all the art here, but almost all the full-body shots seem to be progressing towards Star Wars Stormtroopers, with armor plates and all.
However, I do appreciate the art, I wish I was as talented as the posters who do this stuff

They could pretty much make the existing suit perfect with just a scalpel and some spray paint. It needs only a trim here and some colour definition there.

lujho said:
Wow, love the mouth-hole, that's great - much cooler looking than the real one - that's how it's *supposed* to look. Ears are better too.

Another thing about the cowl though - a lot of people including myself feel the "jaw bone" is too wide, but another thing I feel is that the jaw goes too far back - from the looks of it it goes back much farther than a person's jaw actually would.

I want the whole jaw in the next film to conform much more closely to Bale's - sure, square it up a bit, but just a bit. Don't bulk it so much up and deform it from real human anatomy.

Smaller Jaw...
jawfix4kp.jpg

--dk7

HOW ABOUT!?!?! Angelic BATMAN! lol. OBVIOUSLY, this would never happen, and I am joking. But I always have liked Batman in white, it is SOO different that it is cool in a way.

angel3cd.jpg

--dk7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay