The Dark Knight Batsuit Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Katsuro said:
That's the funny thing about the internet. For all we know, we could have all kinds of famous people on these boards and not even know it. Maybe lujho is Tim Sale... Are you?

I am really General Norman Schwarzkopf

Katsuro said:
That's the funny thing about the internet. For all we know, we could have all kinds of famous people on these boards and not even know it. Maybe lujho is Tim Sale... Are you?

Uh-oh, I've been rumbled. :)

Seriously, If I was Tim Sale I wouldn't swipe a pose from my own art and place it over the same background. I wish I could draw like him, but sadly that's not the case.

Wams said:
Found this on the Brotherhoodof the Bat board..:up:

DecoBat.jpg

Decobat-1.jpg

Clould be cool new look.

No yellow oval for me. At least not yet. Maybe in the 3rd film from Nolan. I like the no yellow oval look personally and I always have....

Does anyone here think that maybe... maybe the designs posted in this thread by Wams are by whoever did those Year One designs for the Aronofsky project.

There's a strong similarity in the cowl details - could be that whoever drew it (and as far as I know we don't know who that wa) was just imitating that look, but there's something to the images overall that really reminds me of those earlier versions.

I wouldn't mind the costume evolving to an oval yellow symbol later on in the 3rd maybe, but if not, it wouldn't bother me.

I'm sorry, but I can't help it. Any black-grey Bat-costumes I've ever seen (even the short-lived ones in the comics) without the trunks looked wrong to me. The bodysuit looked too much like long underwear. An all black suit like in the movies looks fine without them, though.

Bathead said:
I'm sorry, but I can't help it. Any black-grey Bat-costumes I've ever seen (even the short-lived ones in the comics) without the trunks looked wrong to me. The bodysuit looked too much like long underwear. An all black suit like in the movies looks fine without them, though.
Agreed. The only remedy I've seen is when they make the belt V-shaped; it seems to compensate for the lack of trunks. But I much prefer the trunks.

batman44 said:
^ I noticed that myself.

They were actually first posted on the BOTB forum, by the same guy who posted all those mega-huge high-res studio shots of Batman on the white background.

The guy obviously has connections to the production, and that, combined with the fact that it looks like the same artist who did the Year One Designs (maybe the same guy worked on both projects?) AND the fact that the first design is very much approaching some of the concept art we did see for the Begins suit... well, I have a feeling these could be actual unseen production art from Begins - the stuff they didn't want to show us so it'd look like that came up with the final design right off the bat.

lujho said:
They were actually first posted on the BOTB forum, by the same guy who posted all those mega-huge high-res studio shots of Batman on the white background.

The guy obviously has connections to the production, and that, combined with the fact that it looks like the same artist who did the Year One Designs (maybe the same guy worked on both projects?) AND the fact that the first design is very much approaching some of the concept art we did see for the Begins suit... well, I have a feeling these could be actual unseen production art from Begins - the stuff they didn't want to show us so it'd look like that came up with the final design right off the bat.

I believe there is alot of stuff they aren't showing. I was reading my Art of Batman Begins book the other day and found that they had multiple designs for Scarecrow's mask; said to have resembled a skull or leathery gas mask. I would love to see the all designs that were made for BB.

Just give the suit a black bat insignia and I'm satisfied:up:

Not exactly what I would like to see on film, but those are some nicely drawn concept costumes. Great art guys.

Here is the new look for Batman :cool: hehe. Just did this for fun and noticed there was one of these threads on here, so I figured I would post it. It is pretty much the progress I went through to get the mask to its final form (as you can see with the white eyes and square mouth opening) I was going for a HUSH BATMAN look. I don't think we will get this in the movie, but I thoguht it looked cool :)

GOPHERBOY (as my brother calls it) VS. BATMAN (hush style)
*edit*
gofermanvsbatman9gn.jpg

--dk7

The one in the top right and bottom left are perfect. I hate the old puffy jaws.

Is there a reason why they can never give Batman white eyes like in the comics...

Mr. Socko said:
The one in the top right and bottom left are perfect. I hate the old puffy jaws.

Is there a reason why they can never give Batman white eyes like in the comics...

Batman wearing contacts isn't realistic. They would move around and possibly irritate(se) his eyes. If they were to build the lense into the cowl, you would not be able to see Batman's expression from his eyes. Which would take away from the character. :down: unfortunately those are the reasons. (in my opinion)

But I was wondering, you would rather see a bigger mouth hole? and spread apart ears? For Batman in the sequal.

--dk7

GOPHERBOY (as my brother calls it) VS. BATMAN (hush style)
*edit*
gofermanvsbatman9gn.jpg

The more I look at this picture, the tougher the right image looks. SQUARE JAW ALL THE WAY:cool: WOOT!

--dk7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back