The Dark Knight Batsuit- teh good or teh bad?

He looks like a military Batman.

No thanks. :o

Again, this reminds me of Batman Forever and Batman & Robin.

Why do they have to change it? He doesn't look like Batman, he is not scary anymore.

Agreed. When I look at him, it seems like a man dressing up on Halloween.

Somehow it just lacks the superhero quality....I think it's too much, too SCULPTED, and too flashy. Look at Supes and other heroes. It doesn't need to be so flashy and stylized.

Eh, what cha gonna do?

I'm guessing it might be something to do with more body flex and free movement or "armour piercing rounds"?. If Bruce is going to ask for an upgrade, they are more than likely going to go the whole hog than just change the neck movement.

Im just wondering what happens to bruce in the costume that makes him ask for a new one....i think it may be more than just increased felxibility, though im sure that's one of the benefits that'll be mentioned by fox

Hey, i made this for fun. Its not exact, and only my personal opinion. lol

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

Really like this thing you did here. Cool stuff.

My fave suit? Bats Returns
My fave Batfilm? Bats Returns

Agreed. When I look at him, it seems like a man dressing up on Halloween.

Somehow it just lacks the superhero quality....I think it's too much, too SCULPTED, and too flashy. Look at Supes and other heroes. It doesn't need to be so flashy and stylized.

Eh, what cha gonna do?

I just hope they get rid of his man-bra...or at least have the lighting proper so it doesn't look as such.

I just felt it neccessary to have an image of the suit for reference to your comments :)

image1il0tu3.jpg

--dk7

It looks good.

But I'm feelin' it and not feelin' it.

It is better than the Begins suit.

Ears are still a little too close.

Love the movability of the cowl.

Batman's got a neck? Sweet!

But the cowl does look odd and too sculpted.

Bats looks like he's about to go rollerblading with all those pads.

Why can't they do a more simple suit than all this weird looking padding and insulation?

At least cover it up, so we don't have to see all that crap.

And what's with the emblem?

It's straight hideous.

And the mouth section could also be wider.

Brother could get lockjaw.

He sort of looks less comfortable than he does in Begins.

But I know Bale feels more comfortable.

Heard him say so in the interview.

It is progress.

But still not the definitive Batsuit.

I still have hope though for the breakthrough.

That is all.

I still have a fondness for the original Keaton suit. It's just so unabashedly all out Batman with the yellow plate and belt. And overall it looks pretty darn good. (thank you to 'thrawn for the comparison pictures).

This new one would be great if it weren't for the upper chest: hexagonal manboobs, the appearance of a grey manzier popping out, and the split bat-logo are rivaling Schumacher's nippes I'm afraid.

I still have a fondness for the original Keaton suit. It's just so unabashedly all out Batman with the yellow plate and belt. And overall it looks pretty darn good. (thank you to 'thrawn for the comparison pictures).

This new one would be great if it weren't for the upper chest: hexagonal manboobs, the appearance of a grey manzier popping out, and the split bat-logo are rivaling Schumacher's nippes I'm afraid.

i understand your point of view......but nothing can rival schumacher's bat-nipples

haha, they are a special kind of awful, eh? (esp on Clooney's suit - they pop right out).

don't remind me about clooney's batman....i get the shudders. I actually saw batman and robin on tv the other day. i left the room when the opening titles were rolling

As the movie progresses there is probably a good reason for Batman upgrading the suit but we all know that in reality it's for Warner Bros. to make more money off selling newer action figures.

What is all this "He's not scary anymore" business? Did you ever find him scary?

You've always had to suspend your disbelief that hardened criminals would actually be afraid of a man in a bat suit. We're told that criminals are superstitious and cowardly, so we just take the book's word for it.

But these -

175px-Batman-adams.jpg

RossBatmanMythology.jpg

keaton-batman.jpg

have never been literally scary.

If I can buy that criminals would be terrified of a man in a grey bodysuit, I think I can stretch it enough to believe that they'd be scared of a man in black armor, too.

I'd be afraid of Clooney!Bat's nipples staring me down. I can tell you that.

He did look scary in many of the scenes from BTAS. The parts where all you see is a black sillouette with white eyes in the shadows.

tdq31.jpg

ffo10.jpg

My favorite is when he rises out of the Batwing in Olympus.

But probably the definitive scene where he was freaky was Alfred's reaction in Mask of the Phantasm when Bruce first dons the cowl and turns around.

motp_pic1.jpg

We all know nolans take, and its a shame if you have missed out on his direction...

If you do some research it is clear that the 2020 future warrior soldier suit is the biggest inspiration for the new bat suit.

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=25636

click on the image for higher res...its the one on the left. ive seen videos of it without the front dragon skin shield and this suit does indeed pack the "bra" people seem to dislike...this suit is grenade freaking resistant.

this batman is packed with dragon skin armor with other protection that will really take the hits from a rifle without killing him. leather,rubber, and even protruding nipples wont really save any mans life from swords, bullets, and falls from 2-3 stories.

this suit is practical and based on real tech...sure he's our new age robocop samurai warrior but it fits nolans world and is realistic...i believe in batmans new suit.:brucebat:

I don't think many people were ever REALLY scared of him. I'd say they're scared in the sense of "Oh, if I had been in this guy's position, I'd be terrified", but I doubt many have lost sleep over the many incarnations of Batman jumping out of the shadows or stuff like that.
And to those who say that they wouldn't be afraid of Batman if his suit doesn't make him look like a creature... have you ever been robbed? I don't know how you've reacted but I was pretty damn scared when the suitless dirty guy pulled a knife on me.
Imagine what a person in black that can sorta fly and has the luxury to play mind games with me in the street could do.

No. He has bra's now - no rubber nipples but bra's. I'm still going to see the movie tho.

^the suit is pretty sick . . . and the more I look at it, I think that swooping piece in the middle was meant to signify the bat-symbol . . . because if you look at the texture behind it, leading up to the neck, those kind of look like ears . . . must have been a bit too unrecognizable, so they mimiced it w/ the smaller logo . . .

when you see the suit from afar, the big swooping chest plate reads very much like the batsymbol . . . it's truly integrated into the suit, IMO . . .

That's how I feel. And that's why I'm starting to like the suit more and more.

If you step back from the computer screen or look at a thumbnail picture, you'd think you're looking at a Batman with an Alex Ross-esque giant bat on his chest.

I used MS Paint to crudely trace the chest plate to illustrate the bat shape of it. Hopefully, someone with better manipping skills can do a better job:

attachment.php

I also have to agree with Guard on this point though:

If the costume designers wanted that piece on the chest to resemble the emblem...why the heck wouldn't they just incorporate the emblem into the suit as a large armored panel?

I also wish they left off the batarang on the front and just went full bore with the chest plate as the bat emblem.

They should have used the suit symbol from Begins.

instead of *****ing constantly about nearly everything you should be a costume designer. get off the computer, move to hollywood, and show em how its done.

seriously.

I don't ***** about nearly everything. You won't find me complaining about the IRON MAN costume, for instance, or the Spider-Man suit, or the Superman costume, for the most part.

I hate sewing and I can't draw. Kinda of prevents me from designing.

Doesn't negate the fact that a wide batsymbol is used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"