The Dark Knight Biggest Disappointment - Part 1

The biggest disappointment for me was the Joker's laughs, only like three and they were terrible, the commercial had better ones

what was your biggest disappointment?

Wouldnt say it was a disapointment, but I really thought they'd be a Zsasz type cameo from another villain like Penguin, especially as so many sites had rumoured it. I missed the Begins atmosphere.

I was hoping we'd have seen Crane on the ferry boat, or at least another cameo like zsaz

I was hoping we'd have seen Crane on the ferry boat, or at least another cameo like zsaz
I was hoping Crane would have been used properly in the beginning. I thought his cameo was silly, and if they were just going to use him as a simple drug dealer, they might as well not used him at all.

Victor Zsaz, hes a serial killer character, has a small part in Begins.

I was very disappointed that there was A) No Joker Gas or drug and B) That Crane was not involved with said drugs. During the viral campaign there was mention of spiked drugs and they even allude to it in Cranes scene.

Also the film could have made use of an amusement park to great effect.

I was hoping Crane would have been used properly in the beginning. I thought his cameo was silly, and if they were just going to use him as a simple drug dealer, they might as well not used him at all.

Crane was a waste in both BB and TDK. :csad: He was one of my favourites in the comics though.

Not enough use of Crane, he was so creepy in the first movie. Maggie G. as Rachel Dawes.

I lreally loved the batsuit in TDK back in 2008 but now I prefer BB suit over it. Batman was a beast that suit.

The only thing that I truly disliked was the sonar eyes. I thought it didnt match the rest of the realistic and serious tone of the movie. I thought it was too cartoony in Batman Forever and so it was in TDK

A big disappointment in both BB and TDK is the bat-suit. The TDK bat-mask is specially hideous. And I dislike the cape that looks like a regular black blanket completely separate from the rest of the suit. Also the way Batman ALWAYS wears it behind the shoulders - ala Schumacher - so you can barely see the bat wings shape. And then those horrible clasps. Nolan's bat-suits really remind me of Schumacher sonar and winter suits.

I agree, it's the suit. I actually liked the Batsuit from Begins (I'd still change the ears) but I just couldn't stand the outfit from TDK. I liked how, in Batman Begins, you'd see the cape blowing in the air and how he wrapped himself with it.... kind of like what a bat does when it's sleeping. In TDK it just looked like a man with an extremely heavy SWAT suit that painted Superman's cape black and attached devil horns to his helmet.

I agree with Payaso.... I always thought TDK suit was Nolan's version Schumacher's Sonar & winter suits. When I was a kid I thought the Schumacher suits looked too busy/had too many designs for a Batman nor did I dig the super-duper high tech look.

Last edited:
I know this is redundant and hardly an original observation, but the one of the few things that really disappointed me in The Dark Knight, was Bale's voice when he was Batman. It became this glaring oddity of performance that took me out of the film for a moment or two.

What did you expect 20 min of Crane ? I mean it is a cameo after all. Besides the comics did that a lot with the villains and even heroes (both inside and outside the Batman universe). So I was fine with the cameo. Besides I'm not a fan of Nolan's/Murphy's Scarecrow anyway.

What did you expect 20 min of Crane ? I mean it is a cameo after all. Besides the comics did that a lot with the villains and even heroes (both inside and outside the Batman universe). So I was fine with the cameo. Besides I'm not a fan of Nolan's/Murphy's Scarecrow anyway.
I didn't expect him to be a bumbling buffoon of a drug dealer. I understand it was just a cameo, but I don't like the way he was used.

What did you expect 20 min of Crane ?

Why not?

I mean it is a cameo after all.

It ended up being a cameo. They decided to make it a cameo. Crane's apparition being a cameo wasn't a pre-conceived mandatory thing to be.

Besides the comics did that a lot with the villains and even heroes (both inside and outside the Batman universe). So I was fine with the cameo.

The comics have done great things with Crane also. Which was what I was expecting.

Besides I'm not a fan of Nolan's/Murphy's Scarecrow anyway.

Yeah, it's like the old joke, 'food here is terrible,' 'yeah, and they serve such small portions!'

But instead of being happy because I got little of what was crappy (I also didn't like this version or Murphy's superficial acting), I'd have prefered to have a lot of a good take on Scarecrow.

The movie already has Joker as the main villain while showcasing the rise and fall of Dent/Twoface. Do you really need Scarecrow to return for 20 min or at all ? Eventhough the cameo didn't bother me much. But you could've replaced Crane with any other drug dealing criminal and it wouldn't have been any different.

It ended up being a cameo. They decided to make it a cameo. Crane's apparition being a cameo wasn't a pre-conceived mandatory thing to be.

Which was a smart move b/c I don't like this take on Scarecrow. The less of this Scarecrow the better. Besides Ledger's Joker was more interesting than what Murphy cooked up for Scarecrow in both films.

The comics have done great things with Crane also. Which was what I was expecting.

That's true. But I wasn't expecting much from this Scarecrow. So a cameo was enough for me. There's always the rumored Batman reboot. To explore more of Scarecrow.

Yeah, it's like the old joke, 'food here is terrible,' 'yeah, and they serve such small portions!'

But instead of being happy because I got little of what was crappy (I also didn't like this version or Murphy's superficial acting), I'd have prefered to have a lot of a good take on Scarecrow.

Me too. But I knew that wasn't going happen with Nolan watering down the character. Like I said there's always that reboot.

If they weren't going to use Crane properly then don't use him at all. Just don't even bring him up or mention him. He can be just another villain out there plotting his return.

I know things may change
jh2.jpg
ht.jpg

song2.jpg
uk.jpg

My only real disappointment or thing that still makes me scratch my head is the absence of Wayne Tower. Sure you can see it at the end of the street when the semi flips (but then, the big 'W' isn't visible either), but it's so central to BB, then in TDK there's the black Wayne building. It just doesn't make sense to me, especially since it wasn't damaged at all during the monorail scene in BB.

The watering down of the violence to attain a PG-13 rating (i.e: the fake Batman impersonator having Joker's note attached to him with a safety-pin, instead of a knife as was the original plan). Also, that they still insisted on shaky-cam action and Batman's gritty, raspy voice after criticism in the first movie.

Minor nitpicks, nothing major. Great film.

the voice and maybe having the boats scene go on so long.

To be honest, the biggest disappointment was that Heath wasn't there at the premiere. That's not intended as a bad joke. It's a sincere shame and always will be that he passed at the height of his career.

^Got to agree.

Two-Face dying was a big disappointment to me at the time when I first saw this film but I have grown to appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"