The Dark Knight Biggest Disappointment - Part 1

I actually found it powerful in setting the scene that scarecrow was so crap, it was like, look how Batman owns Gotham now, the character that was so scary in BB is now a crap slob.

Another disapointment for me was how dull Bruce was especially after he was so awesome and charismatic in Begins. When he was thinking about giving it up to be with rachael, he was so wooden I couldnt make myself care. I would have liked him more anguished and shaking his fist at a photo of his parents on the wall, blood dripping from his wounds. Then begging rachel to give him a normal life with tears. Not just asking her like some bored guy in a club.

You'd rather have him begging and crying for Rachel to be with him?

How pathetic that would look. The way he did in TDK was way better. He asked her about what she told him in Begins when it looked like he was going to actually give up cos of Joker killing all those people cos of him.

well not tears but lookin a bit anguished and emotional. Also when he's discussing the problem with Alfred. He should shout "theres blood on my hands" and look desperate, not wooden. He was lively in Begins what happened.

1.) Katie Holmes not coming back to be killed off.

2.) The Joker lives and Two-Face dies. It should've been the other way since Joker killed Rachel.

3.) I loved how The Joker says "Kill the Batman" in the trailer, but they used an inferior take of the line in the final cut of the film.

4.) Not enough extras for The Blu-Ray & DVD releases.

1.) Katie Holmes not coming back to be killed off.

I can agree with this.

2.) The Joker lives and Two-Face dies. It should've been the other way since Joker killed Rachel.

If you want to make the case that the Joker should have died, then there's far more Joker did to deserve death than jut killing Rachel. Rachel was one of many people who Joker killed.
Furthermore, killing off Joker was a mistake in Batman that Christopher Nolan wisely avoided.

3.) I loved how The Joker says "Kill the Batman" in the trailer, but they used an inferior take of the line in the final cut of the film.

I never noticed.

4.) Not enough extras for The Blu-Ray & DVD releases.

That I can agree with.

Although I don't have many gripes with TDK, I mean it is a superhero movie so you just have to kinda go with things, but one disappointment I had was the fundraiser scene. When Joker is harassing Rachel and then Batman just shows up in the middle of the crowd and no one see's him or notices him until that very moment... I was like huh? where did he come from?? He just was in the middle of the crowd all of a sudden? Eh.. its Batman I know but still that's just one off the top that really kinda bugged me. I'm sure the rest of you had more issues with the scenes that followed lol

I sort of expand that scene in my mind. Batman stealthily drops from a compartment in the ceiling, connected to the panic room in some way. It works for me.

- I really wanted the Joker to have gotten ahold of some of the Scarecrow's drugs, so there could have been a scene where we saw the Joker through the eyes of someone on the fear gas hallucinations.
That was the one thing I thought for sure they were gonna do in the film that they didn't.

- Two-Face dying.

I actually found it powerful in setting the scene that scarecrow was so crap, it was like, look how Batman owns Gotham now, the character that was so scary in BB is now a crap slob.

Was it?

Scarecrow wasn't scary in BB. The visual was creepy when someone was under the influence of the Fear Toxin, that's about it.

I sort of expand that scene in my mind. Batman stealthily drops from a compartment in the ceiling, connected to the panic room in some way. It works for me.

Yea I was forced to do the same and it works for me because that could be the only logical way for it to happen. I guess that was one of Nolan's interpretation for Batman just appearing out of no where - as you put it "stealthily".

Seeing a Lamborghini Murcielago get wrecked!

-Rachel - hate the character, and didn't care when she died
-the love triangle - didn't work for me
-Two-Face is nothing like the comics
-No batcave
-Joker being some emo anarchist wearing makeup
-Lau - just find that part boring
-Gotham City - not visually interesting at all, just an ordinary city
-Final Batman/Joker confrontation lacked something, didn't like the whole 'social experiment' thing
-Lacks re-watch value

-Rachel - hate the character, and didn't care when she died
-the love triangle - didn't work for me
-Two-Face is nothing like the comics
-No batcave
-Joker being some emo anarchist wearing makeup
-Lau - just find that part boring
-Gotham City - not visually interesting at all, just an ordinary city
-Final Batman/Joker confrontation lacked something, didn't like the whole 'social experiment' thing
-Lacks re-watch value

So basically you hated the entire movie :woot:

So basically you hated the entire movie :woot:

You hit the nail on the head. I sorta liked Joker, the look of Two-Face, the cinematography, the action scenes and a couple of other things. It's so deadly boring, though.

I agree with you. I can't watch the whole movie, it bores me to tears. Yet i can sit through 4 hours of Apocalypse Now Redux or Schindler's List quite easily. So it isn't to do with my attention span.

What can be concluded from this is... TDK is just boring :D

It's not boring. It's brilliant. You just have a different taste. I think Batman 1989 is boring and so does Tim Burton. But I can sit through 3 hours of the Godfather and Lord of the Rings so it can't be my attention span.

In conclusion....Batman 1989 is just boring.

Last edited:
I've watched Batman '89 at least 50 times. Boring? Depends on taste, I guess. The Dark Knight just lacks something... What? I don't know. I'm just not on that particular wavelength, I suppose.

Another slight disappointment for me was how easily Reese found out about Bruce's identity, finding all that paper work in archives and blueprints for the Tumbler, I would've thought that Luscious would have had better security on those type of files and information and not let that type of confidential information be so easily accessible.

Another slight disappointment for me was how easily Reese found out about Bruce's identity, finding all that paper work in archives and blueprints for the Tumbler, I would've thought that Luscious would have had better security on those type of files and information and not let that type of confidential information be so easily accessible.

I, on the contrary, thought it would have been much easier. The Tumbler, no matter what color you paint it, should be easily recognizable for all those who designed, built and tested it. Maybe even those who didn't approve it.

Same for the armour, the memory fabric, etc.

My biggest disappointment was that Joker didn't get stabbed by his own knife...

The movie has him obssesed with knives and using them for a variety of reasons, and didn't deliver the beautiful irony of Joker being stabbed by his own knife. Even his first appearance in the comics had him accidentally stabbing himself in the chest and laughing about it. They had it right there and all they did was a slight knock off from B89, where Joker falls of a building and instead of dying, he lives. That was my biggest disappointment :hehe:

I love his potatoe peeler knife and the way the cop kind of studies it for a sec like -"ok, what the....?" haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"