The Dark Knight Biggest Disappointment - Part 1

Nobody in Gotham knows Ra's existed except Batman. Even Gordon didn't know about him. Then Batman left him to die on the train.

What skinnies are you on about? New suit looked better than that fat puffy Begins one. It's back in the new flick as well. Hell to the yeah.

I'm talking about the outfit he has now. It makes Batman look too skinny and he just looks like he's wearing a military outfit with a bobblehead mask. That "fat puffy" suit you're refering to is niether fat nor puffy.

batman07sized.jpg

This is muscle, if you know what that is.

They fixed the neck piece on the TDK suit for TDKR and that was my only complaint, so I'm happy.

They fixed the neck piece on the TDK suit for TDKR and that was my only complaint, so I'm happy.
The neck looks better, and Bale is filling out the suit better. Now, if they just fixed the legs, gloves and gauntlets, I would've probably really like it.

My disappointment was katie holmes not reprising her role as rachel but that blame can be because of her control freak husband at the time.

My disappointment was katie holmes not reprising her role as rachel but that blame can be because of her control freak husband at the time.

That is, I have to thank her control freak husband at the time for this.

I thought Crane was kind of hosed in The Dark Knight. I accepted his watered down non-costume in Batman Begins, since I could also see that movie as "Scarecrow Begins." However, I would've liked it if he had gone completely off the deep end between those movies, showing up with his full costume on in TDK.

My biggest disappointment (almost my only disappointment) with TDK is that Two-Face died after existing for a few hours, and most of Gotham never even knew about him.

That's true but as someone else pointed out, Nolan's Wayne is only Batman for about 3 years in this series. Everything is rather finite.

Gotham will know about Two Face in TDKR thanks to Bane

Gotham was oblivious to Ra's Al Ghul's existence, too. Everyone was except Batman.

-Bale's stale performance
-Bruce being overshadowed by Joker and Harvey
-Rushed last act
-To a lesser extent, Gotham looking and feeling totally different than in BB.

My biggest disappointment (almost my only disappointment) with TDK is that Two-Face died after existing for a few hours, and most of Gotham never even knew about him.

I still think they could have saved Two Face for the third one.

That's my only complaint,or nitpick,rather. And even that wasn't major for me. The Dark Knight is one of those rare perfect films,for me.

-Bale's stale performance
-Bruce being overshadowed by Joker and Harvey
-Rushed last act

Agree with these and I will also add:

"Like A Dog Chasing Cars" being featured in the worst scene of the film (SWAT fight). I listened to that song a lot before seeing the film and it was kind of a bummer to see them attach it to a weak scene. Contrast this with LADCC's predecessor "Molossus," which was attached to the very good Tumbler chase scene in BB.

The SWAT fight was an amazing scene. Batman was brilliant in it. Truly a Batman at his prime the way he took out two SWAT teams, Joker's men, and saved the hostages.

The SWAT fight was an amazing scene. Batman was brilliant in it. Truly a Batman at his prime the way he took out two SWAT teams, Joker's men, and saved the hostages.

I liked how he outsmarted the SWAT guys, but I strongly disliked the sonar thing that was heavily featured during the SWAT fight.

Minor pet peeve: it's not "A Dog Chasing Cars" that's featured in that scene, it's "Introduce a Little Anarchy"...which is basically the same motif, but with an added horn response.

The soaring section from ADCC is actually never featured in the movie, as it was originally intended for the SWAT chase but Nolan opted to go the scoreless route for the scene.

My "Biggest Disappointment" Regarding Chris Nolan's The Dark Knight ?

Um... I guess it was the fact that the horrid film was even made at all.

But if i must pick actual moments from the film, THREE instances come to mind.

Two of the moments have to do with The Batman's portrayal as an inept, un-elegant, clumsy oaf:

1) Being smacked into a garage piller by the Scarecrow's men when he clung to the side of their getaway van. This made him look like one of the dumb NAZI STOOGES from the truck chase in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

2) Bearing down upon The Joker in his Bat-pod, only to un-ceremoniously skid, crash, and break his ass... (for no damned good reason at all)

3) And then there is the laughably bad Interrogation Scene with its terrible staging, and Christian Bale's hammy, over the top shouting (while wearing a cowl that was literally pinching his cheeks together and making him look like an idiot).

A good start. I could rant for hours myself about Jokers apparently city wide intelligence draining and motivational redirection powers but the biggest disappointment was I liked Batman begins so much and was really really looking forward to this film.

Yes and clearly even he feels that way. Batman was a necessity at a time and now it's become a bit of a nuisance. He is now burdened by his decision most especially telling after Rachel dies. This is the arc that flows through BB and TDK when it comes to Bruce Wayne.

1 good (taking out Ra's) led to a series of bads (Arkham inmates being on the loose, the gangs taking more extreme measures in their execution to the point of hiring murderous unpredictable mad men, copycats who are just untrained innocent people putting themselves in harm's way).

That's more than likely why he stepped aside for 8 years in the first place. The "escalation" Gordon talked about is real and if Batman falls back things are bound to die down in terms of the extremities of crime and crime fighting. It's not that his "work is done" I bet $ there are still corrupt officials in Gotham around by TDKR.

It's that he realized that there are less harmful yet more effective means of justice than the one he was dishing out (the Harvey Dent's and Jim Gordon's out there) when it comes to the city's bottom line. He loves Gotham too much to understand that and he falls back. You no longer have anybody trying to call him out and any crime left is enough for the authorities to deal with. Till Bane comes around.

I thought nothing could make me like the movie less. After thinking about your analysis, I see I was wrong.

Minor pet peeve: it's not "A Dog Chasing Cars" that's featured in that scene, it's "Introduce a Little Anarchy"...which is basically the same motif, but with an added horn response.

The soaring section from ADCC is actually never featured in the movie, as it was originally intended for the SWAT chase but Nolan opted to go the scoreless route for the scene.

Regardless, that theme is one of my favorites from the score and they used it in my least favorite scene of the movie. Disappointment for sure.

Biggest disappoint = it was lightning in a bottle greatness we never got again.

what the hell people are bashing TDK? No comic book film is safe...

I thought Crane was kind of hosed in The Dark Knight. I accepted his watered down non-costume in Batman Begins, since I could also see that movie as "Scarecrow Begins." However, I would've liked it if he had gone completely off the deep end between those movies, showing up with his full costume on in TDK.

I was hoping that, too. I was so disappointed seeing him just wearing the burlap sack and becoming anothing more than a dealer.
Even at the end of Begins he looked much cooler riding on a horse and wearing that strait jacked.

Something I always wondered-no one saw Dent driving off in an ambulance with a guy handcuffed? He didn't close the door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"