BP/Storm guest list

Darthphere said:
You do realize that Isaiah Bradley is mentally handicapped right? And probably has no idea what a Black Panther or Storm is.

Yes.So what?Panther isn't going to invite the guy because he's a vegetable?It's about respect.And Hudlin simply said he has plans,nothing specific yet.

GNR4Life said:
What's wrong with that?Writers do it all the time these days.Until Heinberg came along,who knew Isaiah had a grandson and that Mar-Vell had a son?Until JMS came along,who knew Spider-Man was a Spider-Being who's dead girlfriend had kids with his worst enemy?

Thats fine, except youre second example clearly highlights why things like that shouldnt be done.

In Earth X they were happily married. If Alex Ross and crew did that so could Hudlin.
I thought she would be attracted to Thor, a fellow Weather God.
Here are some people who should attend:
-Thor(Please come back).
-T'chaka Through the awesome power of seances.
-All the X-men, naturally.
-Some of the Thieves she used to hang out with. She'll us T'challa's spy rings to track them down. I think that would be sweet.
-Cap is the Best Man.
-Peter is the ring boy.
-Kitty is the flower girl.
-She-Hulk is the Maid of honour.
-Hulk watches from that stupid satelite.
-Rhino pulls their wedding carraige as part of his punishment.

GNR4Life said:
Yes.So what?Panther isn't going to invite the guy because he's a vegetable?It's about respect.And Hudlin simply said he has plans,nothing specific yet.

Panther wouldnt invite him period. You keep throwing out this respect argument and its completely ridiculous and illogical. What does respect have to do with inviting someone neither of the parties know to their wedding? There are other ways tor espect a man. Its a very asinine argument.

Darthphere said:
Exactly, but were crazy people who cant understand why black people would be at their wedding, and we get too excited over fictional characters.

Some random issues from 30 years ago that had them trekking through Africa together. Hey, if it helsp these people sleep better at night.

It's still in continuity though right?

I don't understand,people get pissed when they use continuity and people get pissed when they don't use continuity.

What's so wrong in elaborating on an old story from back in the day?

Iron Man is the Bartender...OH,NO! NOT AGAIN!!!

Darthphere said:
Panther wouldnt invite him period. You keep throwing out this respect argument and its completely ridiculous and illogical. What does respect have to do with inviting someone neither of the parties know to their wedding? There are other ways tor espect a man. Its a very asinine argument.

Panther would be aware of what Isaiah did for his country and the type of crap he was put through when the US was illegaly experimenting on his race.What's so ridiculous about Panther having respect for the guy who's been through that?What's so ridiculous about that kind of respect?

GNR4Life said:
It's still in continuity though right?

I don't understand,people get pissed when they use continuity and people get pissed when they don't use continuity.

What's so wrong in elaborating on an old story from back in the day?

LOL, its not elaborating. They were kids who had a romantic fling, they both moved on and had many more romatic flings. So Hudlin had to go and "elaborate" as you say it, I like, made stuff up that showed Storm and BP to be the loves of each others lives.

GNR4Life said:
Panther would be aware of what Isaiah did for his country and the type of crap he was put through when the US was illegaly experimenting on his race.What's so ridiculous about Panther having respect for the guy who's been through that?What's so ridiculous about that kind of respect?

Nothing. It still doesnt make sense that he would invite him to his wedding.

He'll be endagering the peaceful life Isiah has now, and the secret identity of his grandson Patriot.
EDIT: in response to GNR4Life.

blah said:
He'll be endagering the peaceful life Isiah has now, and the secret identity of his grandson Patriot.

Hmmm possibly, I didnt think of that.

Darthphere said:
Nothing. It still doesnt make sense that he would invite him to his wedding.

Well I've made my argument,just trying to making my point which I think is reasonable.That's all.

GNR4Life said:
What's wrong with that?Writers do it all the time these days.Until Heinberg came along,who knew Isaiah had a grandson and that Mar-Vell had a son?Until JMS came along,who knew Spider-Man was a Spider-Being who's dead girlfriend had kids with his worst enemy?

Exactly. This has probably been going on in comics from the beginning. Jessica Jones/Jewel didn't exist until Bendis said she did. Bradley himself didn't exist until Morales or Quesada or whoever decided he did. Wolvie with bone claws. Jean Grey isn't really the Phoenix. Bucky's past as the Winter Soldier. The connection between Logan and Sabretooth. When any of these fictional (in other words, "made up") characters are adults when they are first introduced and we later learn their past...someone is making stuff up.

blah said:
EDIT: in response to GNR4Life.

All from a wedding invitation?Right.

GNR4Life said:
Well I've made my argument,just trying to making my point which I think is reasonable.That's all.

Hey, its all good. I just think, I respect a guy like Stan Lee for all hes done but I wouldnt necessarily invite him to my wedding.

RockSP said:
Exactly. This has probably been going on in comics from the beginning. Jessica Jones/Jewel didn't exist until Bendis said she did. Bradley himself didn't exist until Morales or Quesada or whoever decided he did. Wolvie with bone claws. Jean Grey isn't really the Phoenix. Bucky's past as the Winter Soldier. The connection between Logan and Sabretooth. When any of these fictional (in other words, "made up") characters are adults when they are first introduced and we later learn their past...someone is making stuff up.

Totally forgot about those.Yea,Winter Soldier didn't exist until Brubaker made it happen and the same goes with Jessica Jones and Bendis.It happens all the time no matter the writer and I really don't mind it as long as it makes sense.

I think this should be pretty obvious, and I feel like Captain Obvious to point it out...

Since Storm is legally an American citezen, then wouldn't the American Superhero registration Act apply to her? Wouldn't America demand her registration even though she's married to the King of Wakanda, which will ignite many sparks in the future of US/Wakandan relations?
Wouldn't it mean that Civil War might end up being a Wakandan Invasion?

RockSP said:

Except, Black Panther and Storm were already established characters with their own origins and relationships. Its different than a Wolverine has bone claws and Jean grey not being the Phoenix, because these are minor changes. Its different than a Jessica Jone and Bradley situation becuase they never were established characters and fairly new. Its different than a Bucky being a Winter Soldier because thats a resurrection of a long past dead character.

Darthphere said:
Hey, its all good. I just think, I respect a guy like Stan Lee for all hes done but I wouldnt necessarily invite him to my wedding.

Point taken.We're talking about the MU though right?There aren't exactly hundreds of notable african american "super-heroes" or retired heroes running around.Plus, T'Challa is a king of his own nation.I don't see him simply inviting close friends and family,the guest list would have to be huge.

GNR4Life said:
Point taken.We're talking about the MU though right?There aren't exactly hundreds of notable african american "super-heroes" or retired heroes running around.Plus, T'Challa is a king of his own nation.I don't see him simply inviting close friends and family,the guest list would have to be huge.

T'challa seems like a guy who would include his whole country in the celebration, a week of parties and drinks and orgies and such.

Darthphere said:
Except, Black Panther and Storm were already established characters with their own origins and relationships. Its different than a Wolverine has bone claws and Jean grey not being the Phoenix, because these are minor changes. Its different than a Jessica Jone and Bradley situation becuase they never were established characters and fairly new. Its different than a Bucky being a Winter Soldier because thats a resurrection of a long past dead character.

When MTU #100 came out,which was probably back in the early 80s or something,BP wasn't exactly an established hero and Storm was a well known X-woman.Correct me if I'm wrong,but I'm positive their histories at the time weren't exactly explored and clearly defined.Byrne and CC were simply leaving a door open.

GNR4Life said:
When MTU #100 came out,which was probably back in the early 80s or something,BP wasn't exactly an established hero and Storm was a well known X-woman.Correct me if I'm wrong,but I'm positive their histories at the time weren't exactly explored and clearly defined.Byrne and CC were simply leaving a door open.

Im pretty sure BP's origin had been out in the comics by then. Considering hes been around almost as long as Spider-Man.

blah said:
I think this should be pretty obvious, and I feel like Captain Obvious to point it out...

Since Storm is legally an American citezen, then wouldn't the American Superhero registration Act apply to her? Wouldn't America demand her registration even though she's married to the King of Wakanda, which will ignite many sparks in the future of US/Wakandan relations?
Wouldn't it mean that Civil War might end up being a Wakandan Invasion?

Yea,I could see some friction happening there.Tom Brevoort mentioned Wakanda being involved in CW over at CBR.

Darthphere said:
Im pretty sure BP's origin had been out in the comics by then. Considering hes been around almost as long as Spider-Man.

Sure,his origin yes.But his actual history as a child traced all the way to him being a grown man and taking the role of Black Panther probably weren't.

blah said:
-Peter is the ring boy.
-Hulk watches from that stupid satelite.
-Rhino pulls their wedding carraige as part of his punishment.

Hilarious,haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"