Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Brian Patrick Wade IS The Absorbing Man

In the comics, he wouldn't die. He would eventually re-form himself. He's been defeated in the past by being tricked into absorbing an easily dispersed material, but it hasn't been a permanent death.

I still hope that his powers are Asgardian in origin, but my prediction is that they'll make him an Inhuman (or whatever it is that Skye/Raina are).

Could be HYDRA experimentation with the Scepter
An indirect nod to Loki as in the comics

What would you touch?

Also if he absorbs the properties of ice cream and melts in the sun or someone eats him, will he die?

Wouldnt he be standing on something solid that he can absorb?

Man, I was really hoping he would touch the alien tech just to see what would happen. haha He was too smart.

i think the scene from next episode
suggests that he is dying slowly, maybe due to touching the artifact

Could be HYDRA experimentation with the Scepter
An indirect nod to Loki as in the comics

Unlikely. They've only had the scepter for a very brief time, and it seems very dubious that they'd secretly experiment on Creel, then let mainstream SHIELD find him, and only *then* make him disappear.

They had the scepter since the end of the avengers.. i think they had enough time to experiment on people (like possibly the twins)

his powers could also be related to some alien/asgardian artifact

They can totally have experimented on people. I don't buy that they would experiment on a guy, leave him loose in the world, allow him to be spotted by SHIELD proper, and only then make him disappear to use as an asset, all within the narrow ( two years tops ) time frame that they have access to the scepter.

It doesn't fit the timeline anyway. It seems like he's had his abilities for years, using it for boxing before being noticed by SHIELD and Garrett was sent to take him out. That would be a lot to fit in between Avengers and The Winter Soldier.

Imho Crusher is one of the "volunteers" nominee by Von Stuker in the end of Winter Soldiers. A "wannabe miracle"

Really liked the Absorbing Man effects in episode 1, so I made gifs of each of the times he employed his powers so far...

GQbeExr.gif
GBMUapb.gif
Hfy7K5C.gif
a9J2c17.gif
GVZBGBu.gif
45JK4Mh.gif
IN0zACe.gif

Hfy7K5C.gif

This one is the most iconic one with the ball and chain. Shame he had a top on though. If he were bare chested, it would be completely classic. He needs that ball and chain regularly. Look how good he looks with it.

I loved the shot in last weeks ep where the bullet bounced off Creel's head. :awesome:

Wade sounds a bit more intelligent as Creel than you might expect the character to sound.

Wade sounds a bit more intelligent as Creel than you might expect the character to sound.
Actually, I was rather glad that he was reasonably intelligent. It made him seem that much more real, and not like some caricature. Just because he can absorb the properties of rocks doesn't make him as dumb as them.

Actually, I was rather glad that he was reasonably intelligent. It made him seem that much more real, and not like some caricature. Just because he can absorb the properties of rocks doesn't make him as dumb as them.

Creel needs to be as thick as a brick or as thick as two short planks! :argh: :oldrazz:

Actually, sounding intelligent is only half of it. I think he seems less of a thug than Creel is in the comics. I would personally like him a bit more rough around the edges and more like a prison inmate. This Creel, other than having a shaven head, could just be a regular member of society, potentially holding down a normal 9 to 5 job.

Last edited:
Plenty of criminals look like they could be regular members of society and do hold jobs. I thought he came off as working class, which is all that's really needed.

Not every villain should be a chatterbox.

In most of the comics, Creel has a simple philosophy, "I'm a super villain, not a monster." Despite all the superheroes he has thrown down with, Creel has never been *that* awful. Especially compared to the utter psychopaths that started in the mid-1980s and continued to the present.

Creel is also a little more than the "dumb thug" he first appeared to be. I think all the times he has been shattered and dissipated before "collecting himself" made him a little bit philosophical. But he still loves throwing down with super heroes.

I felt the FX were decent for TV and the guy they got for the role was servicable. Can't really say I ever gave a lot of thought to how TAM would act beyond the basic 'thug' stereotype. About the only thing I've ever seen that added dimension to him in the comics was his relationship with Titania(who isn't here.....yet).

If Titania does show up, she'll probably have a different origin I'm sure. Maybe Hydra will be the ones who enhance her muscles and body strength etc rather than Dr Doom.

But should Creel like her only because she is a big, tall and muscular woman or because of her personality? In other words, could they possibly show her in her pre-Titania state first and Creel could have a relationship with her, and then she is transformed into a super being and he is even more impressed? It's not exactly like the comics but could be interesting to see.

If Titania does show up, she'll probably have a different origin I'm sure. Maybe Hydra will be the ones who enhance her muscles and body strength etc rather than Dr Doom.

But should Creel like her only because she is a big, tall and muscular woman or because of her personality? In other words, could they possibly show her in her pre-Titania state first and Creel could have a relationship with her, and then she is transformed into a super being and he is even more impressed? It's not exactly like the comics but could be interesting to see.

If they use Titania, they should use ordinary Mary MacPherson first. She and Creel could be the anti-FitzSimmons. It isn't until Mary is amped up into Titania that Creel gets out of the Friend-Zone.

If they use Titania, they should use ordinary Mary MacPherson first. She and Creel could be the anti-FitzSimmons. It isn't until Mary is amped up into Titania that Creel gets out of the Friend-Zone.

It's going to take some Chris Evans/ Steve Rogers-styled CGI effects to pull off Skeeter MacPherson's pre-Titania look. Her face has to still look the same after the transformation, just perhaps fuller and more confident/ aggressive. It would be cheaper to CGI her pre-Titania state than have a slim and short actress CGI-ed to Titania proportions for the duration of an episode or more.

But MovieReshape would be one way to go.

So Arrow managed to get Vinnie Jones to play Brick. Marvel should've signed him to play Absorbing Man. Not only does he look more thuggish and similar to the character, but he could've also appeared in a future MCU movie as well. Wade is okay but he seems a bit TV-ish and more lightweight.

It's going to take some Chris Evans/ Steve Rogers-styled CGI effects to pull off Skeeter MacPherson's pre-Titania look. Her face has to still look the same after the transformation, just perhaps fuller and more confident/ aggressive. It would be cheaper to CGI her pre-Titania state than have a slim and short actress CGI-ed to Titania proportions for the duration of an episode or more.

But MovieReshape would be one way to go.

My idea for Titania would be a dark reflection of Steve Rogers/ Captain America. Only after getting amped up, she thinks people need to understand feeling powerless and bullied so they will be better people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"