Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Brian Patrick Wade IS The Absorbing Man

Well, I watch the show with my grade school age daughter, so I was already a bit concerned with where a 9pm slot might take us. This veiled drug culture type reference is best left to cop shows. The show runners should be aware, but I realize even the comics are tooooo much for grade schoolers anymore lol. Gratuitous adult themes are just not what I am looking for in the MCU.
I hope the references stay well veiled if they become "must have' elements at 9 o'clock.
Last season we only got one really uncomfortable adult visual, with Skye and her BF gettin it on in unwedded intercourse. This prominently featured Chloe Bennett's derriere in lace panties at least two sizes too small for said derriere. Uncomfortable at 8:25 with your kids? Definitely. But on the plus side, the scene prominently featured Chloe Bennett's derriere in lace panties at least two sizes too small!!
Ward's scene with Lorelei was not as bad, but did not benefit frrom the appearance of Ms. Bennett's back side.
But really, I think the worst thing was how often Ward or May had to use some variation of "Coulson doesn't know we're having sex" every other episode. My little princess was visibly uncomfortable. I remember Clark Gregg saying he watches with his 10 yr old daughter. I wonder if that is still the case at the new time slot?

My mind began wandering after this point... What were you saying? :woot:

Is anyone else a little wierded out that they made it seem like Creel gets off on absorbing things? That said, he was cool and the vfx were great!

I actually thought that Creel's apparent getting off on absorbing substances was an interesting way of illustrating/interpreting his personal obsession with his own powers. In the comics, Creel is EXTREMELY confident in his absorbing powers, and he always tries to find as many powerful substances to absorb as possible to make himself stronger and stronger. The angle they use in which he also physically enjoys the feeling of absorbing things serves to further emphasize just how extremely attached he is to his superhuman abilities.

He is, as they say, drunk on power.

I thought Creel seemed a little slow when he was swinging the ball and chain. Even though May is more agile, I still thought Creel should move a little quicker and not use it as if it is so cumbersome. The comic version swings it around more like a proper weapon in which he is skilled at using. Yes, it was his first time utilising it, but I still would've liked him to have transferable skills from having trained with something similar.

I actually thought that Creel's apparent getting off on absorbing substances was an interesting way of illustrating/interpreting his personal obsession with his own powers. In the comics, Creel is EXTREMELY confident in his absorbing powers, and he always tries to find as many powerful substances to absorb as possible to make himself stronger and stronger. The angle they use in which he also physically enjoys the feeling of absorbing things serves to further emphasize just how extremely attached he is to his superhuman abilities.

Who wouldn't be if they had the ability to absorb any substance known to man just by touching it? :yay:

The angle they use in which he also physically enjoys the feeling of absorbing things serves to further emphasize just how extremely attached he is to his superhuman abilities.

So, you're saying he's hooked on a feeling? :oldrazz:

Who wouldn't be if they had the ability to absorb any substance known to man just by touching it? :yay:

What would you touch?

Also if he absorbs the properties of ice cream and melts in the sun or someone eats him, will he die?

Man, I was really hoping he would touch the alien tech just to see what would happen. haha He was too smart.

Bravo to the creative team on how they brought The Absorbing Man to life if live action, he jumped straight into my top ten list of favourite live action villains to date!

I hope they have him feature across the season as HYDRA's Terminator and don't capture/kill him within the next couple of eps, he's way better than Deathlok was last season.

Bravo to the creative team on how they brought The Absorbing Man to life if live action, he jumped straight into my top ten list of favourite live action villains to date!

I hope they have him feature across the season as HYDRA's Terminator and don't capture/kill him within the next couple of eps, he's way better than Deathlok was last season.

Well, I don't mind if he is captured, because that would be an excuse to get him into a prison uniform and attach him to a ball and chain. :oldrazz: He could then break out and wreak even more havoc.

... so how does MCU Creel get his powers?

Maybe Absorbing Man is still Loki's creation from giving him a magic potion or maybe Amora had something to do with it. We probably won't get a real backstory for him though.

They've probably deliberately avoided it so they can leave it open for later if they want to fill in his backstory. If they gave him something too simple, fans might not like it if it takes away from his Asgardian origins.

As long as it has nothing to do with a super soldier serum or gamma radiation. I'll be happy.

Maybe they're never explain his origin. Maybe they don't need to.

Admittedly, Absorbing Man's appearance ought to be easier to get right than Deathlok, especially if they're on a budget.

I don't think they need to explain his origins. Clearly they happened some time ago, but they can leave it ambiguous/unexplained.

What would you touch?

Also if he absorbs the properties of ice cream and melts in the sun or someone eats him, will he die?

In the comics, he wouldn't die. He would eventually re-form himself. He's been defeated in the past by being tricked into absorbing an easily dispersed material, but it hasn't been a permanent death.

... so how does MCU Creel get his powers?

I still hope that his powers are Asgardian in origin, but my prediction is that they'll make him an Inhuman (or whatever it is that Skye/Raina are).

Well, I watch the show with my grade school age daughter, so I was already a bit concerned with where a 9pm slot might take us. This veiled drug culture type reference is best left to cop shows. The show runners should be aware, but I realize even the comics are tooooo much for grade schoolers anymore lol. Gratuitous adult themes are just not what I am looking for in the MCU.
I hope the references stay well veiled if they become "must have' elements at 9 o'clock.
Last season we only got one really uncomfortable adult visual, with Skye and her BF gettin it on in unwedded intercourse. This prominently featured Chloe Bennett's derriere in lace panties at least two sizes too small for said derriere. Uncomfortable at 8:25 with your kids? Definitely. But on the plus side, the scene prominently featured Chloe Bennett's derriere in lace panties at least two sizes too small!!
Ward's scene with Lorelei was not as bad, but did not benefit frrom the appearance of Ms. Bennett's back side.
But really, I think the worst thing was how often Ward or May had to use some variation of "Coulson doesn't know we're having sex" every other episode. My little princess was visibly uncomfortable. I remember Clark Gregg saying he watches with his 10 yr old daughter. I wonder if that is still the case at the new time slot?

No problem with people sawing off their arms, being blown up or having their exposed brains prodded but a glimpse of the human body or inuendo toward a natural act is cause for discomfort. :whatever:

'Murrrika

Did anyone else get the feeling of Frankenstein's monster with this scene?
427Hqwg.jpg

Chloe Bennett. .. derrière. .. lace panties. .. that is all I am able to take away from that post for some reason.

In the comics, he wouldn't die. He would eventually re-form himself. He's been defeated in the past by being tricked into absorbing an easily dispersed material, but it hasn't been a permanent death.

I still hope that his powers are Asgardian in origin, but my prediction is that they'll make him an Inhuman (or whatever it is that Skye/Raina are).
I don't see why they'd change it. I mean there ARE Asgardains on Earth after all. Maybe he ran across a relic like the Beserker staff

Well, I don't mind if he is captured, because that would be an excuse to get him into a prison uniform and attach him to a ball and chain. :oldrazz: He could then break out and wreak even more havoc.

:funny: Well I'm not as attached to the ball and chain as others but as long as they don't kill him off I'll be happy.

Chloe Bennett. .. derrière. .. lace panties. .. that is all I am able to take away from that post for some reason.

Well, I believe in aiming for a wide appeal and interest with my posts. I seem to have succeeded as both ends of the barrel have weighed in already...slow night I guess.

More to come I am sure :hehe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"