• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BvS BvS Rottentomatoes score - how important will it be, and what do you hope for? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel if batman vs robin came out now these critics would love it...seems like thats what they want...

Its showing me 27 critics, 5 positive and 15 negative for 34 %.

Go home Rotten Tomatoes, you're drunk!

Same, i just been hanging around here for the news, for some reason RT is lagging on me. :huh:

i know this will come across is dc fan boyish but i dont care

WTF is going on the early reviews wasn't just some select group of 30 people tweeting

they had an entire premiere in Mexico,New York and a LA Early Fan screening and everyone was raving

do critics just not like snyder,his dark tone and his style because i absolutely loved MOS and they killed that film to shreds with a 56% on RT

Last edited:
Ah nearly all of the critics want more humor, humor, humor. That's the knock on BvS right now.

Humor is also the worst part of the MCU. :( I don't get why the MCU gets all the love, their tone is too juvenile for me. The Dceu approach sounds so much better, I stil need to see BVS to make up my mind tho

some weird reviews. scott mendelson of forbes said fong should win the oscar for the movies cinematography, claimed it was a beautiful film, like an alex ross comic come to life, yet he gave it a rotten review because he think it's ultimately too dark for a comic film.

I don't understand.. how can it have so many rotten reviews, yet it outshines many superhero movies...? I'm starting to believe in conspiracy theory, that many are paid critics by certain company... hmmm.. something fishy is going on....

Nah.... it's because of Snyder's style. A lot of critics don't like it. He literally can't mess this up... otherwise the DC fans will destroy him.

I saw TFA and thought it was trash.

I haven't even fully watched the Star Wars series and came in to watch the original trilogy then the premier of TFA.

After the movie I couldn't help but think why people love TFA/SW so much, it wasn't even all that and critics really loved TFA? I thought it was a garbage copy paste of one of the 90s Star Wars movie.

Action was eh, Light Saber battle with Rey was eh and dumb cheesy one liners made me get goose bumps thats how cringy they were.

THank you. Glad I'm not the only one. It was basically episode IV remade. Nothing stood out to me other than it was Star Wars and I saw Hans die.

41% now. Might not be accurate as I am seeing more fresh ratings.

Fantastic 4 is a better movie?????

Yet when the first tweets that came out F4 didn't have such a high buzz like BVS???

Critics are owned by Disney!!!
I'm not gonna say that but they need to get over not every superhero movie is gonna be like a Disney one.

I've seen the no fun complaint in two reviews now, but I don't really get it. I love Man Of Steel but was it fun? No ! Not fan in the Marvel way, because it's not that type of film. I don't really get it, this is darker, more serious, there doesn't HAVE to be humor (even though those who saw it here say there's some of it) all the time, the character don't have to throw one liners all the time.

It's like playing it dramatically is considered a mistake. What?
If you are going to play it straight and super dramatic, you need the writing, directing and acting to do that. If it is boring, you don't get a pass because it is "dramatic".

41%....

the fire rises

this is film with dark batman.of course it isn't going to be fun like MCU films.love it or hate it but man of steel was like the dark knight/batman begins of superman films.the critics seem to have bug up their butt.

I think some of the things critics don't like about the film are things that the fans and audiences will like and appreciate. For example, the world building and teases/setups for future events, the action sequences, the portrayal of some major characters, etc.

I'm seeing 29% still. Not sure how RT works.

The good news is that it has almost as many positives as Allegiant does with about 75 less reviews :p Though passed Zootopia in negatives after it's second review...wow, 2 negatives. Go Zootopia!

some weird reviews. scott mendelson of forbes said fong should win the oscar for the movies cinematography, claimed it was a beautiful film, like an alex ross comic come to life, yet he gave it a rotten review because he think it's ultimately too dark for a comic film.

Which is weird, because all the supposed Oscar movies that they love are all serious dark toned affairs. But when it comes to CBM's if it isn't jokey and light in tone (like what they grew up with) they find it weird and so crap on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"