Chapter 10: "Truth and Consequences" discussion thread 11/26

What surprised me was that Hiro didn't seem to try to hard to convince Peter that Adam was a bad guy. I mean they literally have all the time in the world to discuss it.
NUP_111114_0387.jpg

Peter must have feared Hiro with Sword. Who wouldn't? :cwink:

^^ Hiro is so awesome. :p

So anyone else getting a Ra's Al Ghul vibe from Takezo Kensei? :o

Yes Peter could do it, but Peter hardly knows how to use his teleportation/time-travel abilities, Hiro is so much more in control of his powers, Hiro is becoming more in control of his powers by the day, while Peter cant seem to focus on just one power. Peter seems to use his variety of powers on instinct, while Hiro uses his on command. Peters not a *****e and the writers arent stupid, you act as if Peter has had all these powers for years, but really he hasnt even had them for a full year yet. First Peter doesnt even know what he can do, then when he figures out what he can do, he's not in control, then before you know it KA-BOOM, then he eventually gets his mind-wiped. Peter is nothing like Superman, Superman knows exactly what he can do how how well he can do it, with decades of experience. Peter is nowhere near close to gaining full control and because of that Hiro could potentially beat Peter, then talk some sense into him. I do believe Peter will gain full control and become the unbeatable HERO, but I'm guessing it wont happen until the end of the second to last season, so if HEROES goes for lets say 6 seasons, then it will happen in the end of season 5 and season 6.

You may have a point, but it is stupid to see Peter not using one of his powers by the excuse that he hasn't "mastered" all his powers yet. It's the same as not seeing Peter using his mind-reading power to figure out whether Victoria or Adam was telling the truth. The writers can't give Peter all those powers, and conveniently disallowing him to use those powers in key situation by explaining that he doesn't know how.

Hiro will own Peter! Peter is a ***** bag that chokes when he is fighting other Heroes; ie. Sylar. When Peter fights regular guys he seems to be fully in control of his powers though :whatever:

You may have a point, but it is stupid to see Peter not using one of his powers by the excuse that he hasn't "mastered" all his powers yet. It's the same as not seeing Peter using his mind-reading power to figure out whether Victoria or Adam was telling the truth. The writers can't give Peter all those powers, and conveniently disallowing him to use those powers in key situation by explaining that he doesn't know how.

Once again I agree. We've seen both Hiro and Matt learn to use their powers, and then have seen them evolve. Peter would be along the same learning curve if the writers didn't give him amnesia, which is yet another excuse for him to not control his powers. And this is what is so frustrating. At some point they need to stop have Peter's character regress, and quit with the stumbling blocks.

^^^^ That's an awesome picture of Hiro.

So anyone else getting a Ra's Al Ghul vibe from Takezo Kensei? :o

Tim kring copies all his villains from other iconic villains. for example:

Maury Parkman = Freddy Kreuger
Sylar(Gabriel)= Hannibal Lecter
Adam Monroe= Ra's Aghul
I think the new villain
knox would be like simon phoenix from Demolition man

Aside from turning people's fears against them, how is Maury anything like Freddy?

We're not even sure Sylar eats any part of the brains of his victims. And even if he did, it still doesn't make him like Hannibal.

Once again I agree. We've seen both Hiro and Matt learn to use their powers, and then have seen them evolve. Peter would be along the same learning curve if the writers didn't give him amnesia, which is yet another excuse for him to not control his powers. And this is what is so frustrating. At some point they need to stop have Peter's character regress, and quit with the stumbling blocks.

Eventually they will let Peter become that guy, hen the story calls for it.

What surprised me was that Hiro didn't seem to try to hard to convince Peter that Adam was a bad guy. I mean they literally have all the time in the world to discuss it.
I thought that was pretty contrived writing - are we supposed to think that Hiro is that stupid and vengeful that he wouldn't attempt to rationalize with Peter?

Character logic hasn't been a strong suit this season. Everyone except Ando, Nathan, Matt and HRG seem to be taking stupid pills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"