Chapter 11: "Powerless" discussion thread 12/03

Has anyone addressed why a bullet to the brain would take out Adam and Peter?

If they could survive being blown up (Nuclear Peter and the Kensei firebomb), couldn't they conceivably come back from a bullet to the head?

It's like when Claire was impaled with the branch, the bullet would be lodged into the brain, thus it can't heal unless removed... so I guess they can't really die, only be supressed as long as an object prevents their healing process, which, through Sylar's sick obsession we've come to know that their abiliites are rooted in the brain
I still don't buy this argument, though. If someone can heal, they should be able to heal all over, not just in certain parts so long as the brain was okay.... :( It doesn't make sense.

if Claire and peter can heal wouldn't they both live forever just like Adam? or is Adam different somehow?

I still don't buy this argument, though. If someone can heal, they should be able to heal all over, not just in certain parts so long as the brain was okay.... :( It doesn't make sense.

I agree it doesn't make sense to me either. And if a bullet to the brain can stop them then Bennett should not have been able to come back from the dead having been shot right in the head himself, and he doesn't even have healing only had Claire's blood. Unless the bullet to the eye miraculously missed his brain or didn't enter his brain in which case brings another point, the healing properties are in the blood right, so without a beating heart how did Claire's blood circulate to where he was wounded?

About the bullet to the head thing.
Did they actually say 'kill' or just 'stop' Peter or Adam? I can't recall. Because the bullet would stop them, it would temporarily take them out of commission. And as for the kill part, I assumed the bullet would have to stay lodged in the brain for it to kill them.

I agree it doesn't make sense to me either. And if a bullet to the brain can stop them then Bennett should not have been able to come back from the dead having been shot right in the head himself, and he doesn't even have healing only had Claire's blood. Unless the bullet to the eye miraculously missed his brain or didn't enter his brain in which case brings another point, the healing properties are in the blood right, so without a beating heart how did Claire's blood circulate to where he was wounded?

With Bennet, he could still have healed because he didn't have to use his own brain to make himself heal, the blood did that for him.

With Bennet, he could still have healed because he didn't have to use his own brain to make himself heal, the blood did that for him.
Yes but, below .....

Exactly. It doesn't make sense. :huh:

That doesn't make alot of sense, since this means their blood can save someone's life if they suffered fatal wound to the head, but their blood cannot do likewise if it is themselves who got shot in the head?

anyone else think peter might try to dig up adam to save nathan again?

He doesn't know where Adam is. Nobody does, but Hiro..and possibly Ando.

anyone else think peter might try to dig up adam to save nathan again?

I think he might try to. Matt might end up talking him out of it and Peter will try to find Claire and gets matt to ask Molly to find her.

i doubt that Nathan will need saving if he already has claire's blood in him... so Nathan's probably gonna come out of his coma like thing when the bullets gone and then he'll astonish everyone and that's how the word of mutants will get out...my theory... ur turn to correct me

Nathan had Adam's blood in him, and it doesn't permanently grant him superhealing abilities.

what's up with that.. then the diseases with the other people should come back then when those powers stop working... unless Claire's powers work differently then Adam's in case of injection

when the virus is destroyed in the body, it's not a problem anymore. it's dead and won't come back.

Like a Flu Shot on Steroids... awesome... i'll take two

i doubt that Nathan will need saving if he already has claire's blood in him... so Nathan's probably gonna come out of his coma like thing when the bullets gone and then he'll astonish everyone and that's how the word of mutants will get out...my theory... ur turn to correct me

If that was true, wouldnt he have been able to heal from the nuclear blast, instead of needing an injection of Adam's blood.

yeah, my mistake... i meant adam's blood there's so much healing going on it's hard to remember who healed who... my bad

I thought the finale was pretty weak . While I generally liked the season, it seemed like all of it's weaknesses expressed themselves in this episode . All the storylines ended on an unsatifactory note though I do understand that they had to re-write the episode . I just wished they had taken more chances such as letting the virus out, Peter discovering his mistake too late , killing Maya , leaving Hiro and Adam in a cliff hanging battle, give Claire a smackdown with Elle, etc. I'd say of the new characters Adam and Elle are pretty badass. Monica was mediocre , Maya and her brother took up space, Nightmare man was cool but Bob wasn't a very good villian. I missed Nathan and the Nikki/Jessica storylines this season but it looks like they were moving them out anyway .

For the Bennet part, you mark a point!

But for those who say the brain thing doesn't make sense, I think it does, IN THE STORY.

Sylar hits his victims by opening their brains and gaining their powers.. So the main power generator is the brain, Sylar needs it fresh and alive to get the power active, if it's dead, he can't. So that would be why Adam and Peter could only be stopped by deactivating their power source, the brain. My theory, think what you want. I thought of it in season 1, while trying to understand why Sylar proceeded like this to gain powers.

For the Bennet part, you mark a point!

But for those who say the brain thing doesn't make sense, I think it does, IN THE STORY.

Sylar hits his victims by opening their brains and gaining their powers.. So the main power generator is the brain, Sylar needs it fresh and alive to get the power active, if it's dead, he can't. So that would be why Adam and Peter could only be stopped by deactivating their power source, the brain. My theory, think what you want. I thought of it in season 1, while trying to understand why Sylar proceeded like this to gain powers.
And why that girl that manipulated people shot herself in the head before Sylar could get her powers.

About the bullet to the head thing.
Did they actually say 'kill' or just 'stop' Peter or Adam? I can't recall. Because the bullet would stop them, it would temporarily take them out of commission. And as for the kill part, I assumed the bullet would have to stay lodged in the brain for it to kill them.
Adam told Pete that Pratt was going to use the shotgun to take his head "off" and that there's no coming back from that.
Shotguns are useful.

I wonder if it's just a shot in the head or if the head actually has to come off?

I figure a shot in the head would work. W\Once the part of the brain that activates the abilities is damaged, they won't be able to regenerate. It explains how Sylar managed to kill Claire in Five Years Gone.

I figure a shot in the head would work. W\Once the part of the brain that activates the abilities is damaged, they won't be able to regenerate. It explains how Sylar managed to kill Claire in Five Years Gone.

But would Sylar still be able to use Claires power if that part of the brain is damaged?

Probably not. Couldn't get Eden's that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"