Chapter 9: "CAUTIONARY TALES" Discussion 11/19/07

fu manchu

Sidekick
Reaction score
nexton_209.jpg

Convinced that the Company is close to finding them, H.R.G. (Jack Coleman) prepares the family to run -- but Claire (Hayden Panettiere) has other ideas. Hiro (Masi Oka) returns from the past and learns of his father's death. Grief-stricken, he flings himself into past and makes a stunning personal discovery. After a charged first encounter with Elle (Kristen Bell), Suresh (Sendhil Ramamurthy) makes a decision that could change lives. Meanwhile, Matt (Greg Grunberg) struggles with his expanding mental abilities. Maya (Dania Ramirez) and Alejandro's (Shalim Ortiz) relationship is tested as they travel with Sylar (Zachary Quinto). Peter (Milo Ventimiglia) meets someone who could unlock his past.

Noah Gray-Cabey, Dana Davis, James Kyson Lee, Ali Larter and Adrian Pasdar also star. Nick D'Agosto, George Takei, Adair Tishler and Stephen Tobolowsky guest star.

[YT]V_1rZlVkoEc[/YT]

I can't wait. After the last episode, I'm very excited about this one.

This season was short. Only three episode. Damn f'ing strike. I'm not really mad at writers, but at studios who won't pay them 5 pennies. Damn bastards. This season's second half could've been as good as the first season and now there's only three episodes end then it ends. *****!

Volume 2 was never meant to be the entire season anway. This season was going to be broken up into at least two volumes.

I'm a little confused, are there going to be no more new episodes(after these 3) till next fall, or is there potential for more after January if the writers strike gets rectified?

Yes, Tyrinus. If the writers strike is over sometime soon after episode eleven, then yes I assume the second half of the season would go on as planned. But don't hold your breath, this writers strike looks like it's gonna be a long one.

Theory based on the preview:
Hiro travels back in time intending to confront his father's killer and save his father's life. However, because of Maury Parkman's influence, Hiro is tricked into murdering his own father. Maury makes Hiro think that Kaito is someone else (perhaps Adam/Kensei), and Hiro pushes him off the roof in anger. "I never thought it would be you"
Thoughts?

Theory based on the preview:
Hiro travels back in time intending to confront his father's killer and save his father's life. However, because of Maury Parkman's influence, Hiro is tricked into murdering his own father. Maury makes Hiro think that Kaito is someone else (perhaps Adam/Kensei), and Hiro pushes him off the roof in anger. "I never thought it would be you"
Thoughts?

Matts father is knocked out & Bob more then likely had his power taken away like they did with Sylar

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that you're WAY off and don't pay attention.

Kaito was not simply pushed off the roof, he was tackled. The killer was clearly shown as having landed on top of him after the tackle. The killer was then missing when Ando looked over the edge.

The killer fell off the roof too.

Unless you have some explanation that somehow makes clear exactly how Hiro's powers would allow him to do this, I'm going to have to send this to the Greek Council.

Their vote? :down

I'm a little confused, are there going to be no more new episodes(after these 3) till next fall, or is there potential for more after January if the writers strike gets rectified?

None of us will ever get scripted TV again. Nothing but news and reality shows...

Kaito was not simply pushed off the roof, he was tackled. The killer was clearly shown as having landed on top of him after the tackle. The killer was then missing when Ando looked over the edge.

Unless you have some explanation that somehow makes clear exactly how Hiro's powers would allow him to do this, I'm going to have to send this to the Greek Council.

Maury was there causing illusions. Ando saw a hooded figure tackle Kaito off the building and fall with him. Hiro saw Kaito as Adam/Kensei (thanks to Maury) and merely pushed Kaito off, and Kaito saw Hiro, which would explain his confused reaction.

This episode is really the "final fate" of Heroes in a way. Lets see if they can hold up their record of quality until the finale.

Maury was there causing illusions. Ando saw a hooded figure tackle Kaito off the building and fall with him. Hiro saw Kaito as Adam/Kensei (thanks to Maury) and merely pushed Kaito off, and Kaito saw Hiro, which would explain his confused reaction.

Even if that happened, someone would have had to push Keito in the first place. So far, with the way they've shown time travel to work, it wouldn't work like that. When Hiro travels back in time, he changes things.

This isn't like the Bill and Ted movies, where they use that silly logic of "i'll beat you, then go back in time and give myself what i need to beat you". Heroes doens't seem to work that way.

It's like with Charlie. When Hiro first met her, she didn't recognize him, and her photo of her birthday party didn't have Hiro in it. Then Hiro went back in time, and it changed.

Why is Elle crying in the preview? I have a feeling that all those 'she's related to Claire' theories might have some merit to them.

I also think the theory won't pan out, but it isn't impossible. Hiro can teleport AND freeze time. If Nightcrawler can jump out a plane and land safely, so can Hiro, in essence. We didn't see them actually fall together, and the killer disappeared pretty quick.

Also, I think he is alluding to the past is being rewritten, so things may appear differently. In that case, anything goes.

I still think its Adam, though.

Why is Elle crying in the preview? I have a feeling that all those 'she's related to Claire' theories might have some merit to them.

Sociopaths don't really cry unless they're faking. So unless they are crocodile tears, Elle's character is jacked.

I only mention this because i can't stand the character because I think she's over-the-top (both acting-wise and writing), so if I seem a little biased, sorry.

I say.

HRG kills Mohinder thinking that he is the one that will make the painting come true.

That would be stupid though. We barely even know the character, and then they kill him.:o

Why do we have to get to know a character before he's killed? I barely know Kaito, and you saw his fate. :huh:

I only mention this because i can't stand the character because I think she's over-the-top (both acting-wise and writing), so if I seem a little biased, sorry.
very much agreed

Anyone else psyched about this episode?
I think this episode will just be a build up for the final two episodes, nothing dramatic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"