Chapter 10: "Truth and Consequences" discussion thread 11/26

Agreed.

Also, am I the only one who thinks Peter needs to go? He's grown too powerful for his own good IMO.

Grown too powerful for his own good? He would need to actually be able to call on one of his powers at will, and then actually control them to be considered too powerful. As of right now, they keep finding ways for him to not use his powers. I would be in favor of Peter taking on a villain role if it meant he could use all of his powers.

Well, lucky Ghostvirus hit the nail on the head of my point.

Of everything they can do... they just use a little power and end up just punching each other until everyone can do their part.

Yep.:up:

At some point the writers are going to have to let these "superheroes" loose, & stop coming up with excuses as to why they won't use there powers.

Grown too powerful for his own good? He would need to actually be able to call on one of his powers at will, and then actually control them to be considered too powerful. As of right now, they keep finding ways for him to not use his powers. I would be in favor of Peter taking on a villain role if it meant he could use all of his powers.

That's the problem, they're gonna run out of ways to do it well. They've already sorta run out of creative steam in that regard. So yeah, I honestly think he should go soon. Matt is also potentially going to be too powerful.

That's the problem, they're gonna run out of ways to do it well. They've already sorta run out of creative steam in that regard. So yeah, I honestly think he should go soon. Matt is also potentially going to be too powerful.

Agreed. Part of me wants to see Peter and Sylar fight to the death. Both have more than overstayed their welcome.

Agreed. Part of me wants to see Peter and Sylar fight to the death. Both have more than overstayed their welcome.

I think Peter and Sylar should have that fight seen in "Five Years Gone", only this time, both fight until either or both are dead. Peter will probably win, but Sylar is not as indecisive and hesitate as Peter, and his calculating mind might give him the edge to win.

Damn Chair, you just wanna dismantle the whole show lol

Well, I want them to flsuh out the negatives. Sylar has served his purpose, and I'm hardly the only one who feels this way. Zach Quinto's acting is the only reason why he's still remotely entertaining, but the character itself has run dry.

And really can't see why Peter needs to stick around either. He has just about every power. They could easily kill everyone else off and make him the main guy. He needs to go sooner or later.

I think Peter and Sylar should have that fight seen in "Five Years Gone", only this time, both fight until either or both are dead. Peter will probably win, but Sylar is not as indecisive and hesitate as Peter, and his calculating mind might give him the edge to win.

I'm hoping Five Years Gone never comes into fruition, because I'll probably stop watching.

I'm hoping Five Years Gone never comes into fruition, because I'll probably stop watching.

Yeah, it's like X-Men's "Days of Future Past". I think Peter may eventually turn into Dark Phoenix, or at least as powerful.

Yeah, it's like X-Men's "Days of Future Past". I think Peter may eventually turn into Dark Phoenix, or at least as powerful.

I just think if it happens it makes the struggle and ultimate satisfaction of Season 1 seem worthless.

i think" five years gone"IS heroes version of "days of future past"

I actually think it would make for good television if they just killed off the majority of characters. It's really gutsy though.

I liked this episode a lot and it's a shame that this season is going to get the axe right when it's started getting really good.

The Monica stuff is fairly boring and mostly just filler. They could do some really interesting things with her power, but Jackie-Channing into a house and hiding in a recess in the ceiling isn't quite it.

I liked the brief confrontation between Claire and Elle. That short bit would've been a little cooler if Elle had raised up her good hand and just sparkled a little bit of electricity from her fingertips.

I don't think Alejandro is dead. Something about his death seemed off. What was also really curious was that he seemed to know English, which raises the question if he understood it as well and was aware of Sylar's evil intent.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought in the preview for this episode they showed Hiro standing behind Peter with his sword on his throat?

Or it will be i the next episode. I really hope Peter gives us an awesome display of his powers. But i think he's gonna choke :csad:

Alejandro is dead. The actor even stated that he was originally only supposed to be on the show for 2 or 3 episodes.

Hiro standing behind Peter with his sword probably takes place after their initial showdown. I'm guessing Peter actually wins a battle for once, only to have Hiro teleport behind him later on. Of course Peter is quite the choke artist, so who knows if we will actually see him reach his potential, or if we will get the weenie who faced off with Sylar in last season's finale.

Alejandro is dead. The actor even stated that he was originally only supposed to be on the show for 2 or 3 episodes.

Hiro standing behind Peter with his sword probably takes place after their initial showdown. I'm guessing Peter actually wins a battle for once, only to have Hiro teleport behind him later on. Of course Peter is quite the choke artist, so who knows if we will actually see him reach his potential, or if we will get the weenie who faced off with Sylar in last season's finale.

I think Peter has to be pretty pathetic to be defeated by Hiro. So what if Hiro can teleport behind him; Peter can do it as well, plus 10+ other abilities that Hiro doesn't have. But I guess the writers have to make Peter a *****e bag so other heroes and villains have a chance against him, same as Superman.

He's basically Hiro + about 10 more powers, so yeah, he really shouldn't lose.

Just as long as I don't see Peter's hands start nuking up again, and then have to watch him sit there with a "wtf look" on his face because he still can't control his damn powers. Peter is one of my favorite characters so it gets frustrating watching the writers conveniently come up with new ways for him to flame out.

What surprised me was that Hiro didn't seem to try to hard to convince Peter that Adam was a bad guy. I mean they literally have all the time in the world to discuss it.

I think Peter has to be pretty pathetic to be defeated by Hiro. So what if Hiro can teleport behind him; Peter can do it as well, plus 10+ other abilities that Hiro doesn't have. But I guess the writers have to make Peter a *****e bag so other heroes and villains have a chance against him, same as Superman.

Yes Peter could do it, but Peter hardly knows how to use his teleportation/time-travel abilities, Hiro is so much more in control of his powers, Hiro is becoming more in control of his powers by the day, while Peter cant seem to focus on just one power. Peter seems to use his variety of powers on instinct, while Hiro uses his on command. Peters not a *****e and the writers arent stupid, you act as if Peter has had all these powers for years, but really he hasnt even had them for a full year yet. First Peter doesnt even know what he can do, then when he figures out what he can do, he's not in control, then before you know it KA-BOOM, then he eventually gets his mind-wiped. Peter is nothing like Superman, Superman knows exactly what he can do how how well he can do it, with decades of experience. Peter is nowhere near close to gaining full control and because of that Hiro could potentially beat Peter, then talk some sense into him. I do believe Peter will gain full control and become the unbeatable HERO, but I'm guessing it wont happen until the end of the second to last season, so if HEROES goes for lets say 6 seasons, then it will happen in the end of season 5 and season 6.

What surprised me was that Hiro didn't seem to try to hard to convince Peter that Adam was a bad guy. I mean they literally have all the time in the world to discuss it.

I think that may be one of those moments where they purposely did a quick edit to give one impression and will lengthen that scene in the next episode.

I doubt it, they usually leave us cut and dry with the good stuff...ish

Peter and Hiro could have had a discussion before they squared off, couldn't they have? They had all the time in the world.

That was creepy.

I actually think it would make for good television if they just killed off the majority of characters. It's really gutsy though.

Producers have hinted that eventually...they will.

Thing about heroes they say is that it isn't central to one person. Its about the lives of different people and they want to continue to explore that and sometimes. The characters you love will die. So they say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"