• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Chapter 49 - "Trust and Blood" - Discussion Thread - 2/9/09

What's the point of Nathan and HRG being a PART of this ''round up the heroes'' plan?

They both are such hypocrites, protecting Claire and Peter while apparently wanting everyone else rounded up.

So, how long does everyone think until the "big suprise twist," that reveals the hunter has powers?

So, how long does everyone think until the "big suprise twist," that reveals the hunter has powers?

Kring has said he doesnt.... so there's a 50% chance that he really does.

Isn't it funny how Peter uses his only ability better than the whole arsenal of abilities he had in the previous volumes?

So. Watching this episode now... and Peter only having one power at once?

F--king gay. They better make him learn to hold more or figure out that he still has his old power and he is just mentally holding himself back. Especially when at one point Mohinder was spouting something about how each person has their own sort of chemical fingerprint that would cause one power... so how does Peter get a completely different one?

Also, Sylar? Kill him. Now. I don't f--king care who his dad is... why he is evil... or if he becomes good... just kill him.

F--king gay. They better make him learn to hold more or figure out that he still has his old power and he is just mentally holding himself back. Especially when at one point Mohinder was spouting something about how each person has their own sort of chemical fingerprint that would cause one power... so how does Peter get a completely different one?

Also, Sylar? Kill him. Now. I don't f--king care who his dad is... why he is evil... or if he becomes good... just kill him.

Agree.

My final thoughts on this episode: I don't care. Where's the story going? Don't care. Who's going to live? Don't care (probably everyone famous/popular). What's going to happen when Fuller comes back? Don't care.

That's right, Heroes has finally gotten below the "watch and hope it gets better" level but somehow stays above the "hilarious to watch how bad it is" line. At least Lost is back, at least How I Met Your Mother is back, at least Psych is back, at least Burn Notice is back, at least Big Bang Theory is back, at least... etc. Heroes used to be "can't miss" and now it's just (to me), "who gives a crap".

Nathan's turn was week. It looks like he has some other motive that the writers are stashing away for now. I doubt he will end up being the villain in fugitives. You can see flashes of good in him. I just hope they don't pull him turning back to the good side at the last second like they did in Season 1 as we already saw that.

The thing that drives me crazy about Peter is that they turned what should be the most powerful character into someone who is constantly getting beat on or tricked. This one power thing has got to go too. I understand the writers don't want this all powerful character, but without time travel for now, Peter could be still held in check with the abilities he could have gained so far. One power is lame. The writers just cornered themselves in a box and use cheap shortcuts to get out of it.

Peter was always kind of an idiot :huh:

Sylar lost all relevance last season. After new york didn't explode his character became utterly useless. He's always off on his own crazy evil tangent doing stuff that has nothing to do with the main plot of the show.

Peter, Nathan, Claire, basically everyone with Petrelli blood except Angela needs to get shot in the head and die in a fire. We need new blood. Real Heroes.

We need to erase all this crap and create a new family dynasty, with a new set of problems, and villains for new heroes to fight. Then occasionally we can weave old characters back into the show at unexpected moments the way we used to do.

What's the point of Nathan and HRG being a PART of this ''round up the heroes'' plan?

They both are such hypocrites, protecting Claire and Peter while apparently wanting everyone else rounded up.
HAHA love your avatar...Comedian is about to get some tail:up:

Sylar lost all relevance last season. After new york didn't explode his character became utterly useless. He's always off on his own crazy evil tangent doing stuff that has nothing to do with the main plot of the show.

Peter, Nathan, Claire, basically everyone with Petrelli blood except Angela needs to get shot in the head and die in a fire. We need new blood. Real Heroes.

We need to erase all this crap and create a new family dynasty, with a new set of problems, and villains for new heroes to fight. Then occasionally we can weave old characters back into the show at unexpected moments the way we used to do.

I say kill off all the characters except HRG, just take away most of his memory and work from there. All the characters are useless and pointless.

Peter - while he has had some badass moments in the future, the future is 'always changing' and he becomes more and more of a *****.
Nathan - the biggest flip-flopper on the show. Not his fault, but this characters define how bad the writers are.
Sylar - Yes, we all get it. Sylar kills people. He's a bad guy, a good guy, a cocky guy. No one cares anymore and I don't give a rats ass who his father is.
Matt - Once again it seems as if the writers can't do this show without showing the future so they give one of the weakest characters the same power as two other dead guys. Cool.
Claire - Shes hot, she's eye candy. Other then that...USELESS. Go jump some more scaffolding.
Nikki/Tracy - No comment. I never found her interesting.
Mohinder - Go back to some lame monologue you do in the beginning of the show.
Hiro/Ando - I hope the hunter executes them so I never have to see their lame, bad acting asses on this show ever again.

I'm 98% sure I can writer a better season of Heroes then these writers. This show has so much potential and was awesome during season one. I'm not sure what happened that made the writers so terrible.

Things l liked about this episode

Sylar's "I didn't kill you and that's a big thing for me" line the delivery was hilarious
Matt using his mind control power(for the first time this season) to get the one soldier to kill all the other ones in anger

Things i didn't like
When Claire's mouth moves annoying and stupid still comes out of it.

I agree. Completely. If anything, Peter has been jerked around more than any other character, and this latest change is ridiculous. Why would his power change? Poor writing is the answer. For whatever reason, Peter has been written poorly since S2 began, and apparently having a God-like character is too hard to do right. Unless it's Sylar. Ugh. They should just rename the show "Sylar and his Amazing Special-Ability-Friends-and-Nemesi's".

Pretty good ep.

The only thing Im still trying to understand is why Nathan wants to round up all the mutants. Last season he was ready to create mutant soldiers and now three months later he wants them all in prison. It doesnt make much sense.

I agree. But still i think Fugitives is starting to look a lot better than Villains. I don't get why you guys want everyone to die. The characters just need to be written better. Killing them is such a cheap way out.

I actually don't mind Peter only having 1 power at a time. Although i doesn't make sense at all since it was never adressed in Villains. But it forces Peter to think and be creative with the powers he absorbs. I think Peter really stepped up.

I'm liking this season so far.

I just don't know why, I hated Volumes two and three and was ready to despise this one but for some reason I found myself enjoying it, maybe it's the low expectations? I don't know but Heroes is fun for me again.

As for the Rebel? It's Claude or Micah, Micah makes more sense but dammit I really really want it to be Claude we need more hardassed invisible british men in this show :(

I thought the Rebel was Peter.
cos in his speech he was talking about keeping everything secret with new identitys cos the gov. could tap into phone lines and he had a phone in his hand as if ready to communicate with someone.

I agree. But still i think Fugitives is starting to look a lot better than Villains. I don't get why you guys want everyone to die. The characters just need to be written better. Killing them is such a cheap way out.

I actually don't mind Peter only having 1 power at a time. Although i doesn't make sense at all since it was never adressed in Villains. But it forces Peter to think and be creative with the powers he absorbs. I think Peter really stepped up.

But it was. Mohinder had mentioned that each person has a genetic finger print that would determine what power they would conceivably get. Seeing how Peter naturally had powers (empathic mimicry), why would it be so different when regaining those powers via the formula. It doesn't add up, and reeks of poor writing.

The biggest issue I have with this, is that if it took Peter having to only have one ability at a time for them him to start acting less idiotic, it begs the question: "What took the writers so long to stop writing him like an idiot?" Seriously. Or is it written in someone's contract with the show that there can only be one Omniscient character? It feels like a major cop out, and I think downplays what little growth they've given Peter to work with since S1. It makes it so that his whole journey in S1 to learn to control the powers he absorbs seem cheap by comparison, and more of a "well fat lot of good that did him". And now that he has to physically touch people, it destroys the emotional aspect of his ability and will only be as effective as the people around him.

So how does this make him have to think more and be more creative with what powers he absorbs? He'll only be as effective as the company he keeps. And even then, he'll be copying an ability from someone who in most cases will have better control of said ability lest the writers give him "Sylar-like" control the second he absorbs it (which is unlikely seeing as how he busted open the plane with Tracy's ice inadvertantly). But seeing how Sylar's become the "Wolverine" of this series means that this will more than likely be a permanent deal for Pete (who I now fully expect gets whacked this season). And I think it's a shame, to be honest.

I dunno if anyone asks this yet but I'm wondering. What would help if Ando and Peter touched? Would it amplify Peter's powers or would Peter just take Ando's?

I dont get why people are angry over Peter only being able to use one power.

The last seasons his character has been rubbish because the writers didnt no how to write a character with multiple powers

Season 2= He lost his memory and couldnt use his powers for half the season.

Season 3= He lost his powers for most of the season.

All bcos they cant write a character who has all this power. (just think about Phoenix in X-men, Marvel doesnt know how to fit her in while still remaining Phoeinx)

Peter's new direction is gonna give him better storylines, without having to focus on the problems of over powering.

Just wait till the end of Vol. 4 you will see

Exactly! If he were still able to hold on to all the powers and absorb them without having to touch someone, the writers would just find a way to incapacitate him again. He'll struggle, lose his powers or lose his memory. That's stupid. I don't wanna see that again. If they knew how to write an all powerful Peter, i'd be all for it but now i don't mind seeing him use only 1 power.

I agree with this we just need to wait and see, I preditc later on down the series Peter will slowly be able to learn how to use more than one power. Not only would it be a fun shocking suprise for us for but for Peter two. It'd give us all suspense and maybe it will happen in a life threatning situation for Peter so we'd be rooting for him, instead of be all why can't he just use that power we know he has? Plus it will make him smarter with his powers and develope him as a character. At first I was supper ticked off like every one else but now I see this as a good thing if they do it like the way I see it. If they do it a little different I'm fine two but we have to wait and see how things unfold.

I agree, people can't have it both ways. People were complaining that Peter was too powerful and they never set any limits or rules on his powers, so when they finally did, now everyone wants to complain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"