Chris Hemsworth is Thor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how much you guys might react to the sets and designs and the shots of Asgard since it's very much a mix of future tech with a heavy sci-fi slant but a huge level of northern european viking mysticism and mythology... some of you might like the smooth almost curvy purely magical feel of Kirby while others might like more of a tech futuristic look.....like certain buildings for example have these spiraling arches or smooth ebony colored towers in certain parts, other aspects of the same buildings will be very tech based and have this organic almost liquid metal feel to it... some of the buildings remind me of a slightly more God-like or deity version of what might be in a massive budget Masters of the Universe film... except more majestic, more magical but then with this direct added contrasting futuristic tech-based look (chunky metal to others, like the tops of certain towers and the sides of certain pillars have these juts and support bases and mounts that look very futuristic).

If I say more based on what little I know, it won't be good.... photos will be released soon, just pls be patient
Sounds good, just waiting is hard to do. :woot:

Thor has never needed Don Blake, they can keep him out of it as far as I am concerned.

Blake served a purpose in 1962 because every hero needed a secret identity back then [well except for the FF], but even before the end of the decade he had become superfluous. Many, if not all, of my favorite Kirby stories from the '60's had little to do with Blake - and usually he was no where to be found in them.

Last edited:
Let's just say that I can't say anymore than I already know... I've already been told off for talking about what I just mentioned....

Echostation, with respect - considering your bizarre 'Tron Legacy will get confused for Avatar 2' posts in the Tron Legacy thread, I'm going to have to reluctantly take your words with a pinch of salt, I'm afraid.

Here's to hoping that your temporary insanity has subsided and that you are indeed on the level.

Another interview with Hemsworth, courtesy of Superhero Hype itself

The countdown is on to hammer time for Chris Hemsworth! The big screen adaptation of Thor is a year away from hitting theaters and--thanks to some intriguing teases in Iron Man 2--buzz is already building for director Kenneth Branagh’s version of Marvel’s mighty one. SuperHeroHype snagged a quick minute--literally--with leading man Hemsworth at the Australians In Film Breakthrough Awards bash, where the 6’3” actor was honored for being the next big thing from Down Under, and found him thunderstruck about having just wrapped filming as the God of Thunder.

SuperHeroHype: After the big build-up in "Iron Man 2," are you totally pumped for Thor to hit theaters next year?
Chris Hemsworth:
Absolutely! I just finished shooting last Thursday, and saw "Iron Man 2" the other day--which I loved--and saw the tag at the end. I was with a bunch of mates and we all got kind of giddy watching it. I can’t wait! It was such an incredible four months shooting that film, and I think the film’s going to be fantastic.

SHH: We’ve finally seen you in the costume. How did it feel to have the Thor costume on – the very first time, and for four months?
Hemsworth:
[Laugh] Yeah, right! Okay, exactly – I put the thing on and said "It’s not very comfortable, but it looks amazing, so it’s all good." And then a couple of weeks in, I thought "It’s getting more and more uncomfortable," and at the end of three, four months it was a pretty difficult thing to wake up and put on every morning. But it’s sells such an image in the picture. It does a lot of the work for you.

SHH: And what was your take on Thor – how did you see him, as you wanted to play him?
Hemsworth:
We just kept trying to humanize it all, and keep it very real. Look into all the research about the comic books that we could, but also bring it back to "Who is this guy as a person, and what’s his relationship with people in the individual scenes?" And working with someone like Kenneth Branagh, who has all those bases covered and has so many ideas, it was a hell of a time!

SHH: And lots of hammer training.
Hemsworth:
[Laughs] Oh yeah!

Thor hits theaters on May 6, 2011.

A new video interview:
I have to ask this as being a non-Thor person, am I going to understand the movie?
Chris Hemsworth: "Yeah, absolutely. Yeah. I mean none of us were… You know, I didn't grow up reading comic books and neither did Kenneth Branagh. So what we worked on was, yeah, we pay all the respect due to where its origin is, but also create a film about real people, real characters, and relationships between fathers and sons – Odin and Loki and Thor and the turmoil that exists there and what have you. That was what it always came down to. It simplified it. Yes, we have this amazing backdrop and the world of comics, but it was about people."

Hmmm, I thought Kenneth Branagh was a big Thor fan and read the comics when he was a teenager?? Isn't that what Ken said awhile back?

Hmmm, I thought Kenneth Branagh was a big Thor fan and read the comics when he was a teenager?? Isn't that what Ken said awhile back?
I remember hearing something to that effect. Maybe Branagh dabbled in the comics as a teenager a bit but wasn't like a lifelong fan or anything. I remember a much more recent interview with Branagh on YouTube where he mentioned that his days in the build-up toward filming basically consisted of reading Thor comics and the actual Norse myths, so regardless, Branagh should know his stuff pretty well.

I remember Matt Protosevich being a fan of Tales of Asgard, that's why the First draft read like Tales of Asgard would.

Yeah that was a bit nice to know they've started on Avengers prepping

but prepping for what... Hydra? bad evil Hulk (which will be stupid, i think such an idiotic idea), or alien invasion?

Actually I would like to see a Loki driven Hulk.
it's just classic Loki magic, showing how powerful Loki can be.

I don't see why an "evil" Hulk would be a problem. The Hulk's attacked plenty of heroes entirely of his own free will.

Just wonding, does anyone how much Chris Hemsworth's weight during the filming of "Thor"? he looks HUGE in the footage I've seen.

Last edited:
I don't think he's gone on record with his exact weight but judging by his height and size I'd estimate he's 210-215... just my guess though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"