Chris Hemsworth is Thor

Status
Not open for further replies.
thorewphoto.jpg

''Loki - let go of my Bee Gees collection right now or so help me..............''.

heh The phrase "Disco sucks" suddenly come to mind. He does have a hammer to smash disco records. :D

I have to be honest, but if I knew nothing about Thor and I saw these set pics I wouldn't be impressed or interested in the film. Recently I've been getting nervous that the movie may struggle, especially since I'm seeing so many negative comments on other sites.

Well Thor fan I wouldn't worry too much. I'm sure alot of those comments are from the nit pickers. There's SUPPOSED to be yet another trailer at the end of this month.

I think what'll hurt the film the most is being mostly 3D over 2D. You have to figure fans like us would want to see both versions tho non fans may not want to see Thor in 3D so if there isn't a 2d show in those areas the film may lack sales.

I have to be honest, but if I knew nothing about Thor and I saw these set pics I wouldn't be impressed or interested in the film. Recently I've been getting nervous that the movie may struggle, especially since I'm seeing so many negative comments on other sites.

Listen whether it's negative comments or boycotts, both are much better than no reaction at all.

Of course you're gonna see & hear negative comments, even Marvel knows Thor is a hard sell but ppl were saying the same things about Iron Man (billion dollar franchise).

Well the set pics would get me excited if I wasn't a Thor film, plus every non-Thor fan I know who see's the trailer thinks highly of it.

Since Thor is the most similar Marvel film to fantasy flicks like Harry Potter or LOTR, it just might be a HUGE hit. Fantasy films are among the most popular & highest grossing films these days.

Listen whether it's negative comments or boycotts, both are much better than no reaction at all.

Of course you're gonna see & hear negative comments, even Marvel knows Thor is a hard sell but ppl were saying the same things about Iron Man (billion dollar franchise).

This, not to mention the negative comments are coming from other internet fanboys. They make up such a large percentage of the population that them not seeing it won't effect the box office much.

Yeah, most of the negative comments are from ppl who don't even like Thor to begin with

seeing all the footage and pics, i'm getting a bit sick of the cocky infantile thor. i know he's got a character arc to go through and everything, but i'm just really starting to dislike thor pre humbling. to such an extent that i may dislike much of the early part of the film. his rage looks tantrum like to me.

Last edited:
seeing all the footage and pics, i'm getting a bit sick of the cocky infantile thor. i know he's got a character arc to go through and everything, but i'm just really starting to dislike thor pre humbling. to such an extent that i may dislike much of the early part of the film. his rage looks tantrum like to me.

Actually, I think this picture is around the time of the Loki fight & he will have been humbled by then.

not sure of that myself. i think hemsworth can play lots of things genuinely and we are in some kind of golden age of big guys who can act, because you look back and it was awful, at best they had charisma. with kenneth directing him i just hope they aren't going for too broad strokes. the earth scenes i've seen seem more promising thus far. they would want to spoil to much of the last act after all..

Man, you guys make me feel so much better. :) Maybe I'm just nervous because I've waited many a moons for this and now its actually going to happen.

Seriously?

Relax man. Take a moment to compose yourself. This movie is going to be all sorts of awesome. Just let is happen. You'll love it.

Man, you guys make me feel so much better. :) Maybe I'm just nervous because I've waited many a moons for this and now its actually going to happen.

No problem, I use to have a lot of worries about this movie as well...that is until the trailer came out :cwink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"