Chris Hemsworth is Thor

Discussion in 'Thor' started by Double Down, May 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anubis Raptor The Mighty Avenger.

Maybe he'll be in the sequel?

2. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Maybe. Although, if they're not introducing him as a means of teaching Thor humility--which, presumably, he'll learn in the first film either way--I can't imagine what purpose he would serve later on.

3. Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

yea they probably had their reasons to not to donald blake bit. But i still think like i said the name donald blake will probably get refrenced in some manner.

4. Maximillian Registered

Donald Blake is not in the film most probably because the whole idea of Thor being an alter ego is stupid. That's likely why Donald was removed from the script.

#1554 Maximillian, May 9, 2010
    Last edited: May 9, 2010
  5. Anubis Raptor The Mighty Avenger.

Although it would have been great to see DB in this film, I still think it would be a better idea to keep him out of the film franchise simply because it probably won't translate as good as we all think, IMO.

6. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Why is it stupid? Donald Blake served more of a purpose than most superhero alter-egos do...

7. WillardNation Nibiru Warrior

*re-subscribes*

8. Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

yea i dont know much on the donald blake stuff from the comics. Since i am not a big thor fan/reader myself. They probably had their reasons not to have thor being called donald blake in the film while on earth bound scenes and all that. But like i said i am sure the name will get refrenced in some manner.

9. Maximillian Registered

Not really. Not more than Clark Kent or Peter Parker. Thor should be his own character.

10. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

He is his own character. Don Blake was just a part of that character. He's a god who chooses to live as a man because he's as much a part of Earth as of the heavens. It created loads of friction with other gods who couldn't understand that desire to be so intimately connected with humanity. That empathy formed a large part of his character for decades and has begun to do so again. Even when Blake wasn't around, we got that in other forms with Eric Masterson and Jake Olson. It's deeply ingrained in the character's core.

11. Maximillian Registered

When he's not an alter ego. It's lame to have him being just the other half of a character, not to mention a human.

#1561 Maximillian, May 12, 2010
    Last edited: May 12, 2010
  12. The BatDude Dopest Dope

WTF?!! Don Blake ain't in the motha ****ing movie? Yo, you need Blake just as much as you need Clark Kent. I agree with you Corp. It's this alter egos that help gods act like men.

13. Vartha Mod of Thunder

It's the HUMAN part of Thor, the Human part not only helped teach Humlity but it helped Thor UNDERSTAND the human way of thinking, WHY we strive to be better than we are.
    Blake, Olsen, and Masterson are NOT you average alter ego.

14. Chewy REDACTED

A new video interview:

15. Keyser Soze AW YEEEAH!

Nice interview! And Chris Hemsworth let slip that it's Joss Whedon he met about The Avengers. So it would seem Joss has gone from "the rumored first choice to be director" to "the director". :)

16. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Easily the most encouraging words I've seen about the actual content of the film so far. :up:

17. Gamma Burst Registered

Great interview.I'm dying to see a picture of Asgard now!

18. Vartha Mod of Thunder

now if they'd just release PICS!

19. Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

nice interview.

20. ImWithTeamConan Avenger of Comedy

"I tried to steal it but they wouldn't let me." LOL.

And I am SALIVATING to see the full on costumes in this movie, everybody is gushing over them.

21. Vartha Mod of Thunder

I'm surprised they didn't let him have it, he is Thor after all.:woot:

22. Aeltri Elf in Training

That's probably because they're saving it for the next Thor film :dry:.

23. echostation Registered

I don't know how much you guys might react to the sets and designs and the shots of Asgard since it's very much a mix of future tech with a heavy sci-fi slant but a huge level of northern european viking mysticism and mythology... some of you might like the smooth almost curvy purely magical feel of Kirby while others might like more of a tech futuristic look.....like certain buildings for example have these spiraling arches or smooth ebony colored towers in certain parts, other aspects of the same buildings will be very tech based and have this organic almost liquid metal feel to it... some of the buildings remind me of a slightly more God-like or deity version of what might be in a massive budget Masters of the Universe film... except more majestic, more magical but then with this direct added contrasting futuristic tech-based look (chunky metal to others, like the tops of certain towers and the sides of certain pillars have these juts and support bases and mounts that look very futuristic).

If I say more based on what little I know, it won't be good.... photos will be released soon, just pls be patient

24. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

In the early comics, Blake was a much older man. I wouldn't mind seeing someone like Kenneth Branagh play the role of Blake, even for a small cameo. Perhaps at the end of the movie, we see him stumble upon a cave and pick up the hammer (or maybe he finds it in the crater that was featured in Iron Man 2 and is the only one who can pick it up whereas none of the other SHIELD agents can). It would've only needed to be a small part where he features for a few seconds, then changes into Thor and stays like that for the rest of the movie.

25. [email protected] MARVEL RULES THE SUMMER!!

:huh: Is this Kevin Feige? :awesome: :hehe: But seriously:dry:, who are you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.