The Dark Knight Rises Christian Bale

"I can get it out over the bay", yeah I thought I was the only one who noticed that. IIRC, there was a fan video of that scene being filmed, and I swear Bale said "You've got to get out of here quickly" and that sounded a lot better than what he ended up saying in the film.

"I can get it out over the bay", yeah I thought I was the only one who noticed that. IIRC, there was a fan video of that scene being filmed, and I swear Bale said "You've got to get out of here quickly" and that sounded a lot better than what he ended up saying in the film.

Nah, it sticks out like a sore thumb for me every time. :o

That possible alternate line does sound better though.

Best Batman ever. Loved the character development Nolan put him through. I never knew Batman was so trouble before the series and the dkr for sure.

agreed bale should have never left.

I dont even think it's funny, i just like it because i feel how pissed off he is. I don't know..i guess ive become completely used to the voice. I never had a problem with it until i came online the night after TDK. I just understand its use. I get the concept behind it and i like why they went that direction because it's harder to tell who it is behind the mask. It's also a good way for Bruce to become a character when he's inside that suit. He's not Bruce Wayne anymore. He's a beast, a creature. He channels his rage through the voice and the rest that comes with being Batman physically.

Fans just aren't used to Batman yelling. We all became spoiled through watching Keaton speak under the cowl or Kevin Conroy. But the fact is Bale's Batman growled, he would whisper too. He had different ranges.

Bale was able to detach himself from those previous actors' interpretations. And made it clear that any stranger would never be able to hear Bruce Wayne's voice when the Batman spoke in front of them. Which still happened a lot when Keaton spoke. Especially Conroy. Lower register or not, i still heard their voices.

Bale got lost in the role of Batman. Just like Ledger wasn't recognizable as Joker.

Keaton's silence was great. There are scenes when it's more Batman than Bale. Conroy has the perfect tone of voice too. But Bale put more effort into becoming something else entirely (to take a quote out of Neeson's mouth for a second). Keaton was a very different man visually when he put on the mask but like i said, most of the time, i still heard Michael speaking. Which is what i feel Affleck will do, and i dont mind at all since both worlds are a little more fantastical with all the monsters (Burton) and aliens (Snyder) so you have to pretty much suspend disbelief literally the second those movies start. You see that with Batman 89' - Batman Returns - Man Of Steel. Even in MOS once we get to earth, the moment Clark rips a door off with his skin on fire, that we're in a different reality. Nevermind the first 20 minutes set on Planet Krypton. That kind of thing makes it OK when every single character can't tell who Batman is even though he sounds like Bruce Wayne. This is a multi-billionaire. Everyone knows what this guy sounds like.

Back to Bale. He is truly a master. Im a total fanboy as anyone could tell. One of my favorite actors of all time. Even minus his involvement with the Batman.

He is still the best Batman/Bruce Wayne on the big screen IMO. We'll see whether Affleck does better or at least as good as Keaton.

I didn't have a problem with the voice in Begins but in the other two it was bad, but the 3rd one it probably doesn't seem as bad cause Bane's is so bad (I'll never get why they want for that voice).

Asfor the Batman's Bale is definitely the best live action but Keaton us very close. But best Batman of all is Conroy, I don't think anyones touched his greatness.

Yes and no for me on Conroy simply because he is just a voice.

I love Bane's voice.

Yes and no for me on Conroy simply because he is just a voice.

I love Bane's voice.

He us just a voice but its the perfect voice at least in my opinion, no live action actor has nailed the voice.

I hated it, stupidest thing in the entire trilogy for me, just don't get why he chose that. He was so hard to understand at times.

I understand every word. I still dont get that complaint. He has a mask on and it's hard to breathe for Bane. It's more natural that way. I only understood that argument when they did the original prologue in 2011. There were maybe 1 or 2 lines that i didnt understand. But again, everybody online was complaining that they didnt understand a damn thing he said. I understood 90 percent back then. Then they cleared up the prologue for 2012 and everything was crystal clear.

I understand every word. I still dont get that complaint. He has a mask on and it's hard to breathe for Bane. It's more natural that way. I only understood that argument when they did the original prologue in 2011. There were maybe 1 or 2 lines that i didnt understand. But again, everybody online was complaining that they didnt understand a damn thing he said. I understood 90 percent back then. Then they cleared up the prologue for 2012 and everything was crystal clear.

I don't think it was and I know others that feel the same. The scene when he said "what a lovely voice" in the cinema I didn't have a clue what he'd said. Each to their own but for me it was a poor choice.

nbWDVsC.gif

I don't think it was and I know others that feel the same. The scene when he said "what a lovely voice" in the cinema I didn't have a clue what he'd said. Each to their own but for me it was a poor choice.
Really? That's the first time ive heard anybody say they didnt understand that line. I thought that one was pretty clear.

Really? That's the first time ive heard anybody say they didnt understand that line. I thought that one was pretty clear.

Honestly I'm not just saying this but I dud find him hard to understand several times. I can understand those lines now I've watched it a few times but I just find the whole voice silly in general.

I never had trouble hearing what either Hardy or Bale said.

Christian Bale is my favorite Bruce Wayne/Batman too. I am happy I got 3 movies with him in the role.

Last edited:
Bale was the best incarnation of Bruce Wayne/ Batman by far. This was the first time Batman was actually built and moved like a fighter. I also thought the Batman voice was necessary because Bale's normal voice is a bit high.

I can't get enough of the scene in Batman Begins where he growls at Flass: "Where are the other drugs going?!" That boiling anger is something that I've always heard in my head when reading Bats in the comics.

Bale was the best incarnation of Bruce Wayne/ Batman by far. This was the first time Batman was actually built and moved like a fighter. I also thought the Batman voice was necessary because Bale's normal voice is a bit high.

I can't get enough of the scene in Batman Begins where he growls at Flass: "Where are the other drugs going?!" That boiling anger is something that I've always heard in my head when reading Bats in the comics.

Love that scene, I only think it became a slight problem in the last two with Bale's voice.

It never bothered me, but it was at its harshest in TDK.

I definitely think the trigger scene in TDKR is where his voice is the worst, but I do find the last scene with The Joker in TDK to be the funniest. His voice is so bad, it sounds like he's saying something completely different.

-Joker: I think you and I are destined to do this forever.

-Batman: Yur'll be urn peanut butter and jelly furever!!!

-Joker: Maybe we can share one! You know, they'll be doubling up, the rate this city's inhabitants are losing their minds.

-Batman: Dizzzz shurdy, just should you, that itz furlllll of purple, ready to burweve in gurrrrrrd!!!!

I definitely think the trigger scene in TDKR is where his voice is the worst, but I do find the last scene with The Joker in TDK to be the funniest. His voice is so bad, it sounds like he's saying something completely different.

-Joker: I think you and I are destined to do this forever.

-Batman: Yur'll be urn peanut butter and jelly furever!!!

-Joker: Maybe we can share one! You know, they'll be doubling up, the rate this city's inhabitants are losing their minds.

-Batman: Dizzzz shurdy, just should you, that itz furlllll of purple, ready to burweve in gurrrrrrd!!!!

When you have a Batman - specially in a serious tone - whose voice is laugh inducing and most specially in those climatic scenes... then something's wrong. And I understand they had the voice altered digitally. So much money to ruin Batman voice.

You'd have to add something to your transcription: long long pauses to breath.

There is only one line of dialog I couldn't understand spoken by Batman in the trilogy.

"You'll be in a padded cell, forever!"

Didn't ruin the scene or movie for me though.

Begins is on AMC right now like Batman '89 and Dark Knight a few weeks ago.

Bale's Batman voice is pretty much pitch perfect as I watch it. He never goes over the top and gets the right tone. For the interpretation, I'd say it's on par with Keaton and Conroy for what it is. The scenes with Gordon and Dawes are particularly well done, it's like Bale was channeling those two (Conroy and Keaton) but with his own twist, even right down to the whispers.

Whoever was in charge of the obnoxious change in the later two made a serious mistake. I just don't get it. It doesn't sound like he's in control, it sounds like he can't breathe and is struggling to express himself. I find it hard to believe that Bale would just go in that direction on his own based on his great screen test and performance in Begins. Makes no sense to me. The fact that they didn't take the criticisms it received and made it even worse and over the top in TDKR is just baffling.

As for Bane, initially I was with everyone else with the first two screenings of TDKR, I couldn't understand a damn word he was saying and was getting frustrated by it like I was with the prologue. When Nolan came out and said it "doesn't really matter what he says" that infuriated me. At the time, even Gordon was mumbling like the "shackles" speech when he was sitting down in front of the TV. I remember on my second viewing I was all ears at that exact scene just to hear it and it still came out like gibberish.

Then people translated Bane with the Magnus Rex script and it was all understandable, even that nonsense during the first fight with Batman and the hope pit scene. Now when I see those scenes, I know what he's saying but the voice just irritates the hell out of me. There's his speech outside Blackgate that is particularly cringeworthy. He sounds like an old, elderly chap struggling to tell everyone that his diaper needs changed through an oxygen mask. "To my shame, build a lie around this fallen idol", please just ****.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"