Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shiny new, maybe? I like his look for Bruce Wayne and Batman, I like his gadgets, his Batcave, his fighting prowess, his voice, but I do not agree with his characterization. Even the Lego Batman movie seemingly knows that the character's priorities were f***ed :hehe:

IMO-- Because back then too many were blinded by "OMG grey suit and extreme kicking?! Best Batman evah!!"
EucIfYY.gif

Sounds about right.

Personally, BvS kind of soured me on MOS.

Wow. For me, it made MOS look a hell of a lot better - and I enjoyed it immensely already.

MOS' Superman has some balls and once the suit is on he doesn't hold back - and he's actually kind of a likeable character once he gets over himself. The only sequence I actually liked Superman in B v S was the bathtub scene.

And of course, in MOS, he smiles more than a couple of times - The learning to fly sequence had more joy in it (in 3 minutes) than all of B v S, I mean the music was uplifting, and HC, without any dialogue perfectly demonstrates what's going on in Superman's head - and of course a quote (paraphrased) from arguably the greatest ever Superman story (All Star Superman).

And of course Russell Crowe is a million times better in his appearances than Eisenberg - hell, Shannon is a better villain.

I can see how B v S might influence people's view of MOS, but to be honest I had the opposite reaction.

Merry Xmas !

They're still making JLD, as far as I know? It's just been in an Ant-Man style-situation because of GDT. Now that they've got a new director, we'll hopefully here more about it sooner rather than later.

Also, I didn't want to start this argument again, but COME ON! The DCEU is taking more time to establish their franchises than Marvel, I don't get how this is even an argument? Did they establish their film universe more quickly? Yes, and if you ask me, that's a good thing. But they're taking there sweet old time with establishing the ACTUAL FRANCHISES, which was my point in the previously mentioned argument.

LOL!!!!!:lmao:

Glad I'm not the only one who loved that movie, and still do.

The DCEU is taking more time to establish their franchises than Marvel, I don't get how this is even an argument?

I... I really don't know how to answer this. It MIGHT be an argument, and I'm just guessing here, because that statement is (and I try to write that in the nicest way possible) so obviously wrong, Trump supporters already treat it as gospel.
I know we live in postfactual times, but even nowadays that's too far from our reality to be believable

I'm stingy with my love. I love Superman and Superman II. MOS I think is decent but there's no love there.

MOS did nothing for me. I think it's an average movie. The "best" of the DCEU so far and that's not saying much.

I saw MoS once in the theater and once right before BvS. It's a chore to watch.

I'm stingy with my love. I love Superman and Superman II. MOS I think is decent but there's no love there.
I'm afraid I was just born too late to love the original Superman movies. I mean, they're nice for what they are, and they're culturally important, but for me I just can't get past stuff like the time reversal, memory-erasing kiss, Plasti-Wrap Throwing Shield, Luther's ridiculous real estate schemes, etc...
People can warm up to trash :ninja:
tumblr_l9nrruLSKG1qe0qyho1_500.gif

I... I really don't know how to answer this. It MIGHT be an argument, and I'm just guessing here, because that statement is (and I try to write that in the nicest way possible) so obviously wrong, Trump supporters already treat it as gospel.
I know we live in postfactual times, but even nowadays that's too far from our reality to be believable
I'm just going to avoid this argument from now on, but my final word on the matter is this: By the time Marvel pulled all their heroes together, they had already launched franchises for their four main heroes, one of which never got off the ground, the other had already seen its second installment. DC is kicking off most of their main franchises until after the team-up film, in some cases waiting YEARS to start a franchise for some of their main players. Those are the facts.

I thought MOS was okay, it's on par with Iron Man 2 and 3 or the Thor films, but it doesn't belong anywhere near the truly great comic book films.

MOS had some good parts, but it had a lot of flaws to. I think people would be less hard on it if Superman was saving people during his fight with Zod.

The problem is Batman v Superman negated his character arc in that film. He should have been a rookie who becomes the hero we know and love. Instead BvS set the character back and he is just some mopey jerk in that film. Superman is made far less interesting because of this, he has not grown as a character.

I'm just going to avoid this argument from now on, but my final word on the matter is this: By the time Marvel pulled all their heroes together, they had already launched franchises for their four main heroes, one of which never got off the ground, the other had already seen its second installment. DC is kicking off most of their main franchises until after the team-up film, in some cases waiting YEARS to start a franchise for some of their main players. Those are the facts.

Your whole "individual franchises" argument is kind of a strange, trivial caveat. The only reason you're able to make that claim is because everything else about the DCEU thus far has been rushed and hasty.

Your whole "individual franchises" argument is kind of a strange, trivial caveat. The only reason you're able to make that claim is because everything else about the DCEU thus far has been rushed and hasty.

And it's not like it was all planned. Everything has been completely reactionary.

That was the problem and most of us thought it would be a problem when it was first announced. Like trying to have the main event and ultimate payoff with all the complexity of a late season in a TV show without doing the build up in earlier seasons.

Not sure how this turned into a MOS discussion but here's my two cents. MOS was a film I was super excited for and I left the theater being underwhelmed and a little depressed. There were some great moments like the first flight, the Christopher Reeve homage, the Smallville fight and I liked the scene where he is talking to the priest.

However I always felt that these great moments were the exception because there are so many odd moments for me. Moments that didn't sit well with me like the Kents, Pa's death, and the aftermath of the Metropolis fight. I actually see the whole thing as a missed opportunity but I will agree it is the best of the DCEU and that is actually not very high praise.

Wasn't that Ross?

Ross is the chosen agent for administrating the Accords. His faults are the moral responsibility of the Accords, seeing as they made no discernible effort to prevent such. He is their sin, either out of malice or incompetence.

We don't know for a fact how all of this worked out behind the scenes. We just interpret what we the fans have seen in two different ways. I'm personally more than ready to move on from this argument. Only time will tell how it works out for DC in the end.

Meanwhile, I got the War of King's TPB and Volume 3 of Priest's Black Panther for Christmas, which is great, because they're amazing books, but they also just serve to remind me what a disservice the MCU has been to Everett Ross and Ronan. :csad:

We don't know for a fact how all of this worked out behind the scenes. We just interpret what we the fans have seen in two different ways. I'm personally more than ready to move on from this argument. Only time will tell how it works out for DC in the end.

At this point I don't even know what the argument is other than you knee-jerk defending the way WB set up the DCEU. We 100% know enough to reasonably criticize how they went out about things.

Man of Steel was fantastic (not perfect, but nothing is), it's with Nolan's The Dark Knight and Singer's X-men: Days of Future Past in my top 3 CBMs of all times.

I loved this take on Superman. And The World Engine battle segment is one of the best action sequences ever, I mean EVER, not just in any CBM. It's a pinnacle of awesome + emotional mixed together. The ultra-epic Superman's fight with Engine in Pacific Ocean besides Perry and Steve trying to save Jenny stucked under the collapsed building with TWE's destroying power coming near and near with every second, plus the military jets trying to wreck the Engine, plus pure awesomeness of Faora on the plane + Supes' return just in the right second to take Zod and the kryptonian vessel down + Zimmer's soundtrack, best CBM action sequence ever.

tumblr_mldiqcRnMa1rp0vkjo1_400.gif
:ilv: Go, Cav-El! :woot: :drl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95