Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can picture Rogers and Stark sacrificing themselves against Thanos. They all die or they trap Thanos, along with themselves, in the Soul Stone or something.

Be a great way for Evans and RDJ leaving the MCU. The likes of Strange, T'Challa, Carol and Spidey will take the reins.

Nobody major is dying in Infinity War, I bet the farm on that. I predict we're gonna get a fakeout moment, where we THINK one of them is dead, maybe at the end of part 1, and that character will come back in the 11th hour and fight with the rest of the team against Thanos.

At most we'll get someone disposable like Vision dying.

Well. That's a good question.

I would put this version currently at number 2.
- ahead of Cavill (which is Snyder and Goyer's fault, not his), Welling and definitely Routh (this is live action only of course).
But of course, for me, Christopher Reeve still is the best Superman.
I think you blocked [blackout]Dean Cain[/blackout] out of your mind. :oldrazz:
That one is my personal favorite.

I think that the three folks involved in the post credit scene that started the MCU - Stark, Jarvis/Vision and Fury - will be the ones to take down Thanos at the end of the 2019 film.

Now, will Stark continue on as an AI, Vision inside of the mind gem and Fury through his son and namesake? Probably.

Nobody major is dying in Infinity War, I bet the farm on that. I predict we're gonna get a fakeout moment, where we THINK one of them is dead, maybe at the end of part 1, and that character will come back in the 11th hour and fight with the rest of the team against Thanos.

I disagree. I think some people will die. . . it just won't be permanent, and will be foreshadowed as such. Vision is pretty much the poster child for such: he'll be "killed" so that Thanos can take the Mind Stone, but he'll still exist inside the Mind Stone, and this will provide one of the keys for defeating Thanos in the end. Once he is defeated, the Vision will be reconstituted.

Give the man a NO-PRIZE!

No_Prize_0001.jpg

Too bad Dennis Farina's no longer with us. He'd be the perfect Doom!

marvel+no-prize+rotated.jpg

I disagree. I think some people will die. . . it just won't be permanent, and will be foreshadowed as such. Vision is pretty much the poster child for such: he'll be "killed" so that Thanos can take the Mind Stone, but he'll still exist inside the Mind Stone, and this will provide one of the keys for defeating Thanos in the end. Once he is defeated, the Vision will be reconstituted.

If they're going to reconstitute anyone, make it Quicksilver.

OK, maybe Vision too...

Lol. You said no one is dying but... then go on to say if you had to pick it would be Vision. Lol

I think the losses are to be had... the question becomes... how bad are the losses going to be? Are people going to be out of play in the MCU for a while? (while they look for a way to search for new talent or whatever)

I think it's dumb to take death (albeit, even if it's temporary) off the table. It seems to me Quicksilver was a test vehicle, undoubtedly. Rhodey was close... but now we are entering a pivotal storyline.

How are the stakes going to rise? And that's where I feel like a horrible loss at the hands of Thanos would definitely benefit the second movie. A chance for a heroic redemption.

Who wants off the Disney Money Train? We're approaching a stop.

Last edited:
That's not how No-Prizes work.

I know. They were given out for those who spotted continuity errors. I was a reader back then, unlike you green-eared posters.

BUT IT WAS A JOKE. :woot:

I know. They were given out for those who spotted continuity errors. I was a reader back then, unlike you green-eared posters.

BUT IT WAS A JOKE. :woot:

Apologizes. I was grabbing 20 cent comics off the spinner rack back in the No-Prize era myself.

Apologizes. I was grabbing 20 cent comics off the spinner rack back in the No-Prize era myself.

Awesome! I'm glad to know there are more of us who communed with the spinner rack than I originally surmised. :up:

Lol. You said no one is dying but... then go on to say if you had to pick it would be Vision. Lol

I think the losses are to be had... the question becomes... how bad are the losses going to be? Are people going to be out of play in the MCU for a while? (while they look for a way to search for new talent or whatever)

I think it's dumb to take death (albeit, even if it's temporary) off the table. It seems to me Quicksilver was a test vehicle, undoubtedly. Rhodey was close... but now we are entering a pivotal storyline.

How are the stakes going to rise? And that's where I feel like a horrible loss at the hands of Thanos would definitely benefit the second movie. A chance for a heroic redemption.

I said nobody MAJOR is going to die which is why I said is someone is going to die it'll be Vision because, like Quicksilver, he's disposable.

Trust me, none of the original 6 Avengers are going to die nor will any of the new popular players like BP, Spidey, and Dr Strange because theyre all starting their own franchises. I know a lot of people think that because Evans and Downey's contracts being up they'll kill them off but those contracts can always be renegotiated as evidenced by Civil War. That was an extra movie tacked on to RDJ's contract because the studio pulled up the money truck.

Trust me, Marvel's going to want to keep the big popular Avengers on the table just in case they need a cameo or co-feature appearance in a future film.

I said nobody MAJOR is going to die which is why I said is someone is going to die it'll be Vision because, like Quicksilver, he's disposable.

Trust me, none of the original 6 Avengers are going to die nor will any of the new popular players like BP, Spidey, and Dr Strange because theyre all starting their own franchises. I know a lot of people think that because Evans and Downey's contracts being up they'll kill them off but those contracts can always be renegotiated as evidenced by Civil War. That was an extra movie tacked on to RDJ's contract because the studio pulled up the money truck.

Trust me, Marvel's going to want to keep the big popular Avengers on the table just in case they need a cameo or co-feature appearance in a future film.

That's the thing though... Your claims are based on the fact that these contracts will be renewed.

I'm saying there's a good chance they won't.

At least with Chris Evans...

Chris Evans has been interviewed as saying that his time for hanging up the actor's cap is coming.

I obviously give him the benefit of the doubt. But if he doesn't renew this deal (making it public or not)... this would be the perfect time (Infinity War 2) to go out on.

That's the thing though... Your claims are based on the fact that these contracts will be renewed.

I'm saying there's a good chance they won't.

At least with Chris Evans...

Chris Evans has been interviewed as saying that his time for hanging up the actor's cap is coming.

I obviously give him the benefit of the doubt. But if he doesn't renew this deal (making it public or not)... this would be the perfect time (Infinity War 2) to go out on.

I'm not sure. If Evans get mehr Money he could make it. Didnt he said in an interview that he was open to renew his contract?

Evans once stated after IW2 is over he was done with CAP, but recently he has back peddled on the notion. Saying something like if Marvel will have me back, he'll consider it.

Yeah Cap will be on the only person that could get such a funeral.
Thor in Asgard, easy. Would actually be a trip to see everyone from the other worlds there to pay their respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"