Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU - - - - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are people counting Lego Batman as a "real" Batman movie? I can't not think of those as just a bit of fun, parody things...

Yeah, I don't see it as an actual Batman movie at all. It's not trying to be. It's just a celebration of the character.

i wonder when did batman capture deadshot before or after bvs?

A Batman movie that has a theater release? oh you best believe it counts more so than BvS.

I cannot perceive Lego Batman as a Batman movie. I appreciate it's (and Will Arnett's) existance, but I requiere something else from a Batman story.

If it is as surprisingly profound as The Lego Movie, I might change my mind.

I count Lego Batman as a genuine Batman movie. It's funny tongue in cheek, along the same lines as the 60's Batman movie, which also had a theater release.

I count Lego Batman as a Batman movie, and I count the upcoming Miles Morales film as a Spider Man film.

Meh, it's a LEGO film first and foremost. LEGO designs, LEGO humor, LEGO franchise. If anything it's a Lego Movie spin-off.

This reminds me of the 'not really video games' discussion. These kind of "A Batman movie can't be a LEGO movie" "A Batman movie can't be a fun parody of things" distinctions are interesting, but at the end of the day, they're arbitrary, which means we're not addressing the real reason.

If it's at all like the Not A Game discussions, then it's really about if you feel a Batman movie is targeted at you or not, if it's "your" Batman, then it counts, if it's someone else's Batman, it doesn't. It's not "real" if it's not for you.

This could be something different, of course, but it sounds very similar.

tumblr_o3aunyhgFK1uvcgjlo5_400.gif

This reminds me of the 'not really video games' discussion. These kind of "A Batman movie can't be a LEGO movie" "A Batman movie can't be a fun parody of things" distinctions are interesting, but at the end of the day, they're arbitrary, which means we're not addressing the real reason.

If it's at all like the Not A Game discussions, then it's really about if you feel a Batman movie is targeted at you or not, if it's "your" Batman, then it counts, if it's someone else's Batman, it doesn't. It's not "real" if it's not for you.

This could be something different, of course, but it sounds very similar.

tumblr_o3aunyhgFK1uvcgjlo5_400.gif

...huh? The distinction is made because this movie is part of the LEGO franchise above all else.

I just got back from the All Things Wonder Woman thread and was wondering if it was okay to talk about WW here since I think some people got confused over there and thought it was the biased, conspiratorial critics thread. BTW, it's not a conspiracy; it's a fact. Critics hate DC movies even when they are good.

Need I add :o ?

Oh wait, I just did.....nevermind.

Well, Disney owns RT and all the critics so it's not surprising.

That's what Disney wants you to think.

And don't forget, global warming is a hoax by the chinese. And Hilary Clinton runs a pedophile ring.

Are people counting Lego Batman as a "real" Batman movie? I can't not think of those as just a bit of fun, parody things...

I would, in the same way that the goofy Bond flicks are real Bond films. Batman as a character has an incredibly wide range of characterizations, and a self referential parody is completely in keeping with previous incarnations of the character.r

I would, in the same way that the goofy Bond flicks are real Bond films. Batman as a character has an incredibly wide range of characterizations, and a self referential parody is completely in keeping with previous incarnations of the character.r
Don't utter that to a certain segment of deeply insecure manchildren though. The bat bros as I call them.

That comparison doesn't really fly. The goofy Bond films were part of the Bond franchise, like Batman & Robin was part of the Batman franchise. The LEGO Batman movie is a LEGO movie about Batman.

That comparison doesn't really fly. The goofy Bond films were part of the Bond franchise, like Batman & Robin was part of the Batman franchise. The LEGO Batman movie is a LEGO movie about Batman.

LEGO is the creative team. DC/WB gave them Batman rights. It's a Batman film. Were the Spider-man flicks not Spider-man because Sony made them?

It's a Batman film. It's a goofy Batman film, but it's a Batman film.

Lego is a brand of toys. It's basically a medium in this case. A Batman movie made with Lego toys. But it's Batman movie.

OMG!!!! It's contagious. I gotta get outta here. :woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"